Do you think they'll avoid giving each series more than 4 reps?

#1DoctorRicePosted 4/12/2013 2:31:36 PM
Just so that they could have the entire series represented in one fight?

I think it's possible. I sort of doubt they'd increase the amount of players this time, but who knows.
#2liveman789Posted 4/12/2013 2:32:35 PM
Well, now that I think about it, Melee had 5 Mario reps with Doctor Mario...
#3JunDagekiPosted 4/12/2013 2:37:51 PM
What do you mean with each series? as in all of them with 4 reps?

If that's the case then no, i highly doubt that they will do that.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#4sterlingtygerPosted 4/12/2013 2:53:36 PM
I don't think there's a series that needs 5 reps at this point. The only one that I would say COULD get 5 reps, in that there's 3 reps that aren't going anywhere and like 644 potential characters besides that, is Pokemon. And I feel like if Pokemon gets 5 reps, Mario will need to get 5 reps(because Pokemon cannot exceed Mario, there's a firmly established Big 3 hierarchy in Smash of Mario over Pokemon, Pokemon over Zelda), and Zelda might also. But I feel like Pokemon probably will not get 5 reps?

I think Lucario has a high chance of being removed, and Jigglypuff is in the running for removal too, which would make room for 2 newcomers to the series.

I don't think this installment, which has been said to be focusing far less on adding characters, will have the time/space to include a 5th Mario, a 5th Zelda, a 5th Pokemon. Honestly, as this installment goes, I'm expecting them to add the "absolutely necessaries" for existing series'(Pokemon needs at least one new character, Ridley is like top of the priorities list, Palutena's pretty necessary, a new FE rep, either added on or replacing Ike, is pretty likely, and K. Rool has a fair chance) and then make like, every other newcomer a new series?
Animal Crossing, Golden Sun, Nazo no Murasame Jo, Punch-Out!!, Xenoblade, Mega Man and some Namco series I all see getting reps this game. Possibly also Advance Wars, another retro character, Dillon's Rolling Western, Sin and Punishment, Custom Robo, or even some complete shocker.
#5ViewtifulGenePosted 4/12/2013 3:00:35 PM
It is impossible to fit all the Mario characters in one match. Unless Yoshi isn't a Mario character just because his icon is different. In that case, Sakurai can give a series more than 4 characters as long as the characters have different icon.

If a series doesn't get 4+ characters, there are reasons for that besides the limit of characters in a match.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#6xyzlacticPosted 4/12/2013 3:21:16 PM
Series I can see getting 4 reps. But maybe not

-donkey kong
-fire emblem
-star fox
-Kirby

Mario, Pokemon and Zelda will most likely get 5. Reps including transformations
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#7ecylisPosted 4/12/2013 3:32:28 PM
Pokemon had 6 in Brawl.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NaW3frK.gif | http://i.imgur.com/nkIs6q9.png
#8DoctorRice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 3:35:27 PM
liveman789 posted...

True, but he was scrapped in Brawl. I know he was planned, but who knows.

ecylis posted...
Pokemon had 6 in Brawl.

They had 6 characters, but only 4 reps. Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard all represented Pokemon Trainer as one representative.
#9xyzlacticPosted 4/12/2013 3:38:30 PM
DoctorRice posted...
liveman789 posted...

True, but he was scrapped in Brawl. I know he was planned, but who knows.

ecylis posted...
Pokemon had 6 in Brawl.

They had 6 characters, but only 4 reps. Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard all represented Pokemon Trainer as one representative.

Sill it's 6 characters. They all toke time to develope
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#10ecylisPosted 4/12/2013 3:39:17 PM
DoctorRice posted...
ecylis posted...
Pokemon had 6 in Brawl.

This is why I hate this board.
All three of them are different characters with different movesets. They all count as "representatives."
---
http://i.imgur.com/NaW3frK.gif | http://i.imgur.com/nkIs6q9.png