This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did YOU become a fan of smash bros?

#1youngbroPosted 4/12/2013 6:37:10 PM
i started on Melee, a friend let me barrow it.

I picked captain falcon cause i though the punch looked cool.........until i saw Star Fox and hes Dragonball Z, so i picked him.

Then i played adventure mode and i was sold. Its like playing Mario with any nintendo character
---
Itagaki: In other games, you kill Enemies. In Ninja Gaiden the Enemies kill you.
PS3/360/WiiU gamertag - TheSchwarr
#2liveman789Posted 4/12/2013 6:40:05 PM
It's weird. Your sig's grammar is just fine.

Anyways, I liked Nintendo games so this was ideal.
#3ViewtifulGenePosted 4/12/2013 6:40:25 PM
I learned about the original game in Nintendo Power and thought it looked cool.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#4Kapus209Posted 4/12/2013 6:44:20 PM
My brother got the original for the N64 and introduced me to it. Been playing ever since.
---
Groovy!
#5StreetPasWantrPosted 4/12/2013 6:48:31 PM
Saw Brawl's reviews and I bought it. Best purchase ever!
---
"I love equipping Vaike with ladles." Now re-read that sentence.
Nintendo E3 2013 Countdown: http://tinyurl.com/NintyE32013
#6XxWontonxXPosted 4/12/2013 6:52:06 PM
When I was 6, my friend got me the original :D
---
Palutena, Micaiah, Shulk, Chrom, Female Pokemon Trainer, Roy, Ashley, Mona, and Megaman for SSB4.
#7CanyouGuessPosted 4/12/2013 6:57:56 PM
Played the N64 version at my friend's house after seeing the infamous commercial for it. I chose Mario, and I remember spamming fireballs because that's really all I remember being told what to do. Now, I can run rings around said friend in any Smash Bros. game. Good times.
---
Megaman for Smash Bros. 4!
I heavily dislike My Little Pony
#8Doug314Posted 4/12/2013 7:17:50 PM
I was looking at the original game in Nintendo Power and thought it looked like it'd be fun. Then I played it. So quickly it was just the most fun game I'd ever played. I couldn't stop playing it even though I didn't even know how to do a lot of the moves or dodges.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#9chumpykalamoonaPosted 4/12/2013 7:21:09 PM
I was a huge Pokenerd in middle school, so I had to get SSB64 when it came out just because it had Pikachu.
But after playing it, I found out it was much more than just a game with Pikachu. And now I'm much less into Pokemon (still play main series game, but that's it) but I'm still big into Smash Bros.
---
Are you okay!? BUSTAH WULF!
#10Great_PaulPosted 4/12/2013 7:24:33 PM
chumpykalamoona posted...
I was a huge Pokenerd in middle school, so I had to get SSB64 when it came out just because it had Pikachu.
But after playing it, I found out it was much more than just a game with Pikachu. And now I'm much less into Pokemon (still play main series game, but that's it) but I'm still big into Smash Bros.

That's pretty much the same reason as me
---
I'm not a monster, it's only a mask.
-Mask de Smith