Who are the top most likely 3rd party characters?

#1Doug314Posted 4/12/2013 10:39:47 PM
I've seen too many topics where people mention ridiculous ones like Cloud, Sora, anime characters, and even stuff like more Sonic characters. In any case, I don't think any of the aforementioned ones stand a chance, and would like to try to get a better idea of which ones do. Here's some of my ideas:
1. Sonic
2. Snake
3. Lloyd Irving
4. Megaman
5. Pac-Man
6. Black Mage
7. Professor Layton
8. Bayonetta
9. Slime
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#2CanyouGuessPosted 4/12/2013 10:50:07 PM(edited)
Sonic, Pac-Man and Snake I'd say are the only really likely ones, and that's mainly because Sonic & Snake were in Brawl, and Pac-man because Namco is working on the game with him. Sakurai has said that he doesn't want to add third party characters "willy nilly", so I don't expect more than those. Two years ago though, I would have said Megaman had a pretty good chance, given his high demand and Sakurai's comment about a Capcom character. But given Rock's current situation, it seems unlikely.
---
Megaman for Smash Bros. 4!
I heavily dislike My Little Pony
#3Doug314(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 10:52:40 PM
Yeah we basically already know that and it's been discussed to death. But who are the 4th-10th most likely 3rd parties?
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#4liveman789Posted 4/12/2013 10:54:21 PM
Sonic, Snake, and Pac-man are more likely than anyone else, in my opinion.

Then there's the maybe list:

Mega Man
Lloyd Irving (or other Tales rep)
Travis Touchdown
#5Great_PaulPosted 4/12/2013 10:56:09 PM
I think Travis Touchdown has a pretty decent chance.
---
I'm not a monster, it's only a mask.
-Mask de Smith
#6Dustof_DryBonesPosted 4/12/2013 11:28:49 PM
liveman789 posted...

Mega Man
Travis Touchdown

I find it ironic that you mention Travis as a potential newcomer, but laugh at the idea of Bayonetta being in Smash 4. Is there a particular reason for this or do you just have a double standard regarding likelihood?
---
Ahoy, matey!
#7liveman789Posted 4/12/2013 11:37:14 PM
Dustof_DryBones posted...
liveman789 posted...

Mega Man
Travis Touchdown

I find it ironic that you mention Travis as a potential newcomer, but laugh at the idea of Bayonetta being in Smash 4. Is there a particular reason for this or do you just have a double standard regarding likelihood?

I don't exactly laugh at the idea. I do think she has a slight chance, only because of Sakurai's relationship with the creator(?). Travis has been around a lot longer, though, and debuted as a Nintendo exclusive game. Sakurai is also great friends with Suda 51. Suda 51 has, time and time again, expressed great interest in including Travis in Smash Bros.

Bayonetta also started with a game that wasn't available to Nintendo consoles.
#8_Super_Shadow_Posted 4/13/2013 12:27:39 AM
liveman789 posted...
Dustof_DryBones posted...
liveman789 posted...

Mega Man
Travis Touchdown

I don't exactly laugh at the idea. I do think she has a slight chance, only because of Sakurai's relationship with the creator(?). Travis has been around a lot longer, though, and debuted as a Nintendo exclusive game. Sakurai is also great friends with Suda 51. Suda 51 has, time and time again, expressed great interest in including Travis in Smash Bros.

Bayonetta also started with a game that wasn't available to Nintendo consoles.

So has snake, and so has sonic.

To be honest, both of the characters are incredibly unlikely to me,
even just by going with who they have to compete with, I mean Nintendo has a better relationship with Square Enix and capcom,
so Its more likely in my opinion that we will get a capcom rep like megaman or ryu, or a square rep like black mage, a dragon quest, Namco is making the game, so a rep from them is increibly likely.
That just pushes travis and bayonetta down the list, especially considering both of them dont fit into the universe very well at all. I mean some of the profanity that travis uses is just way to vulgar to associate with smash. Its like having deadpool in the house of mouse.

Also, a Final Fantasy character, Dragon Quest, Megaman, Ryu, those are some Console pushing, high selling characters, which is probably what nintendo will look like with its current unfortunate struggles.
---
Lucina, Newtwo, Ridley, Tom Nook, Bowser Jr, Palutena, Megaman, Lloyd Irving for SSB4
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4320/ssb4roster.png
#9liveman789Posted 4/13/2013 12:31:48 AM
_Super_Shadow_ posted...

The first Metal Gear was on the NES.
#10_Super_Shadow_Posted 4/13/2013 12:58:05 AM
liveman789 posted...
_Super_Shadow_ posted...

The first Metal Gear was on the NES.

Yes but a characters origins dont matter, we learned that with sonic,
Metal Gear Solid has been for the most part Primarily Playstation for a long time now, all im saying is denying a character's chances is one thing, but you cant bend the rules and use it as a benefit for the one you support, and a slight against the one you dont. Thats all im saying.
---
Lucina, Newtwo, Ridley, Tom Nook, Bowser Jr, Palutena, Megaman, Lloyd Irving for SSB4
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4320/ssb4roster.png