This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anthropomorphism =/= furries (in terms of Star Fox reps and others)

#1GreatJallopiPosted 4/13/2013 7:47:01 PM
It's annoying to always see people refer to the Star Fox cast as "space furries". I get that people have weird fetishes for them, but consequently being anthropomorphic should not give a character the label of furry. If you're going to refer to Star Fox characters as furries, then I guess the following are furries as well:

- The whole NPC cast of Animal Crossing
- The Fantastic Mr. Fox
- Sly Cooper
- Banjo Kazooie
- Rocket Raccoon
- Sonic the Hedgehog & co.
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong
- King Dedede
- (kind of) Lucario
- Bowser and his whole army
- Dribble and Spitz
- Bugs Bunny
- Daffy Duck
- Porky Pig
- Mickey Mouse
- Donald Duck
- Scrooge McDuck
- Goofy
- Chowder
- Mordecai and Rigby
- Courage the Cowardly Dog
- Sandy Cheeks
- Stuart Little

This is also potentially the most random list ever. My point is, it should not be okay to call the Star Fox cast a derogatory name like "space furries" if it is not acceptable to be derogatory with other groups, such as calling the Fire Emblem cast "blue-haired sword f***" (which, by the way, is something I'm saying is equally unacceptable and happening to be existent, NOT something I'm advocating).
---
We've got the right, 'cause they'll fight to use it. Got everything, and you can just choose it. I won't just be a puppet on a string.
OLD SIG GOT WIPED!
#2MooglePeruPosted 4/13/2013 7:50:14 PM
But those ARE already furries. Your point?
---
King of the Zelda Wii U Board
Mog can go **** himself - Members of the ZWU Board
#3VictoryBadguyPosted 4/13/2013 7:51:53 PM
I'd be less inclined to label the SF characters as furries if the series hadn't given us one of the most obvious furry-bait characters in video games (Krystal).
---
Eternally waiting for that SG 360 patch...
#4GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 7:53:47 PM(edited)
MooglePeru posted...
But those ARE already furries. Your point?

No, they're not. Furries are people who are sexually attracted to anthropomorphism. I'm tired of seeing this term used to describe anthropomorphic characters.

VictoryBadguy posted...
I'd be less inclined to label the SF characters as furries if the series hadn't given us one of the most obvious furry-bait characters in video games (Krystal).

I agree that she is furry bait (especially talking Star Fox Adventures), and I wish she hadn't been introduced, but she herself is not a furry.
---
We've got the right, 'cause they'll fight to use it. Got everything, and you can just choose it. I won't just be a puppet on a string.
OLD SIG GOT WIPED!