The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Let's consider how unique new swordsman reps can be

#1iKhanicPosted 4/14/2013 7:26:05 PM
Honestly, we have 4 swordsmen already, and people complain about getting too many of them. However, each of the current sword using characters are pretty unique. Link is supposed to be a balanced character. Marth is a fast, quick attacking swordsman. Ike is a fast and laggy, but powerful swordsman. And metaknight well, he flies and wrecks stuff.

Lets look at the niche the swordsmen we want can have in the game

Ghirahim- Ghirahim has the benefit of having multiple potential sets due to his different fighting tactics. To be honest though, most of his single sword moveset would be extremely similar to Marth or Ike given his in-game attacks. However, he can be unique if they give him the option of multiple movesets. Possibly one with a sword and one without that he can switch between using Down B. Another option is to make a considerable amount of his moveset magic based, as we don't have a magic swordsman rep yet.

Lloyd- Lloyd's fighting style can be extremely different from current reps because he fights using two swords.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2MagiusNecrosPosted 4/14/2013 7:29:09 PM
The Fist fighters are too few.

>:I

Isaac/Felix/Matthew has huge potential though.

Variety of weapons to choose from and lots of magic to implement.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#3sterlingtygerPosted 4/14/2013 7:39:17 PM
But there's 6 sword users in Brawl.
Link, Toon Link, Pit, Ike, Marth and Metaknight.
#4iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 7:43:16 PM
sterlingtyger posted...

Is what Pit uses a sword?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5MagiusNecrosPosted 4/14/2013 7:44:14 PM
iKhanic posted...
sterlingtyger posted...

It's a bow.

Uprising may hint there may be further customization with several weapon types however.
---
#6sumwatweirdPosted 4/14/2013 7:47:15 PM
Robin fron fe awakening could also be a nice sword/magic character but it looks like I'm the only one who would like to see him/her in the game.

I would like to see how the devs make of ghirahams sword grabbing techniques and his second, big sword.
#7MagiusNecrosPosted 4/14/2013 7:50:08 PM
sumwatweird posted...
Robin fron fe awakening could also be a nice sword/magic character but it looks like I'm the only one who would like to see him/her in the game.

I would like to see how the devs make of ghirahams sword grabbing techniques and his second, big sword.

My telepathetic powers sense Chrom and Lucina are likely candidates.
---
#8sumwatweirdPosted 4/14/2013 7:59:00 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
sumwatweird posted...

My telepathetic powers sense Chrom and Lucina are likely candidates.

Bu-but still...(Goes cry in a corner)
#9sterlingtygerPosted 4/14/2013 8:03:17 PM
iKhanic posted...
sterlingtyger posted...

It's twin swords, actually.
"Pit's Sacred Bow of Palutena is actually two blades combined. He can separate them or unite them at will for use in battle. "
-- Pit's page on the Dojo!!
#10CrystalKing5426Posted 4/14/2013 8:03:18 PM
Lloyd- Lloyd's fighting style can be extremely different from current reps because he fights using two swords.

Uh, so does Ghirahim. And WW Ganondorf (He has a shot since WWHD will be the most relevant Zelda game during SSB4's development.) Also, I'm surprised you didn't mention Shulk given how much you love Xenoblade.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4014/5138578909_05b321131a_z.jpg