This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'd actually rather have Dark Samus than Ridley.

#51CrystalKing5426Posted 4/16/2013 1:16:09 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
ex: Hyper Mode in Corruption drains a lot of energy and doesn't work on everything, but it is definitely the superior form

I proved that the Ganon form does not require significant energy expenditure to maintain.

OoT Ganon didn't need a weapon of evil's bane, either. beating the crap out of him with the megaton hammer and/or biggoron sword seemed to work pretty well. sure you finish him off with the master sword, but whether that was strictly necessary or not is a different story. plus you have to attack the gaping wound he has to inflict damage (attacking the tail / face like in OoT does nothing), so TP Ganon's defense would be overall superior if not for that wound that is a carry-over from Ganondorf.

You still needed the MS to deal the final blow, I.E. Evil's Bane weapons are still required. Light Arrows having the best stun effect reinforces this. A single arrow is enough to knock TP Ganon on his ass for 10 seconds, as well as taking less hits overall to defeat. That wound is a fact of TP Ganondorf's physiology, he'll always have it. That said, there's nothing to suggest that wound is the only way he can be hurt, which is supported by the fact he's hurt without being struck there in all his other fights. Puppet Zelda is hit by magic, Horseback is hit from the sides, and the Back Slash is the most effective move in the Sword fight. It was more a matter of the devs giving an obvious weak spot to make it easier for the player. Hell, that's why OOT Ganon's tail is glowing. Given how fleshy it was and a beast's underbelly being a very common weakness in mythology, odds are he wouldn't be immune without it. And once again: Evil's Bane weapons are not needed in this fight, unlike his human forms and all other Ganon fights.

Alttp, FSA and OoX Ganon is adept in magic and much more complex tactics while OoT and TP Ganon can only do rudimentary stuff. curiously, all 3 of the former have the trident of power while the latter 2 do not.

Only FSA Ganon had the Trident of Power, the others just had an ordinary trident. ALTTP wasn't using the Triforce at all in the fight, and OOX never had it to begin with. And again: ALTTP Ganon and OOT Ganon are the same guy. Anything one of them can do, the other can as well.

he could have screamed / roared in anger in TP as well
what I mean is, in OoT was beaten to the point of spitting about a liter worth of blood and in TP he was beaten up pretty badly, too
afterwards he screamed during both transformations.

Point taken, I was just suggesting that by contextual evidence the transformation into Ganon seemed unintentional on his part.

as I said, TP Ganon is quadruple to serve the game's Man vs Beast motif, he has no weapon BECAUSE he is quadruple and not dealing a lot of damage is something he shares with almost everything in TP except for Lava (2 hearts per lava bath. jesus!).you could say TP Link is simply more badass than any other Link and thus can take more punishment. the guy does wrestle gorons, after all.

Man vs Beast, which quickly devolved into beast vs. beast. I don't think there was any underlying theme to this fight. It doesn't matter if the rest of the game is like that: low damage is low damage. That TP Link argument is BS, as well. I don't think I need to explain why. Oh, and he was only able to deal with Gorons with the Iron Boots equipped.

Finally, regarding your use of the word quadruple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4014/5138578909_05b321131a_z.jpg
#52Big_IsaacPosted 4/16/2013 2:13:36 PM
well if it's not the trident, then what other explanation do you have for OoT and TP Ganon being simple-minded and unable to extensively use magic?
the only thing I can think of is that he was unable to do more fancy things because of the beating he took before. OoT Ganondorf was already one foot in the grave when he transformed, so he couldn't use any magic as Ganon. TP Ganondorf took less of a beating, so he was able to at least use the teleporters

You still needed the MS to deal the final blow, I.E. Evil's Bane weapons are still required.

actually Ganon was still very much alive after that "final blow"
the sages butted in for some reason and sealed him away. he is still very clearly alive after the fight, hence his return in WW
btw, this is one thing OoT did a really ****y job showing IMO. why was the sealing necessary? couldn't Link have just kept hacking away at Ganon until he stopped moving? yeah stabbing him in the face wasn't enough, but stabbing him there a few times more might have been.

Light Arrows having the best stun effect reinforces this. A single arrow is enough to knock TP Ganon on his ass for 10 seconds, as well as taking less hits overall to defeat. That wound is a fact of TP Ganondorf's physiology, he'll always have it. That said, there's nothing to suggest that wound is the only way he can be hurt, which is supported by the fact he's hurt without being struck there in all his other fights. Puppet Zelda is hit by magic, Horseback is hit from the sides, and the Back Slash is the most effective move in the Sword fight. It was more a matter of the devs giving an obvious weak spot to make it easier for the player. Hell, that's why OOT Ganon's tail is glowing. Given how fleshy it was and a beast's underbelly being a very common weakness in mythology, odds are he wouldn't be immune without it. And once again: Evil's Bane weapons are not needed in this fight, unlike his human forms and all other Ganon fights.

actually whenever you land a hit on Ganondorf, the "damage flash" effect appears on the wound in his chest and he bends backwards in pain. so yeah, supposedly you're only doing damage when you're hitting the wound. not to mention the killing blow goes through the wound as well

Man vs Beast, which quickly devolved into beast vs. beast. I don't think there was any underlying theme to this fight. It doesn't matter if the rest of the game is like that: low damage is low damage. That TP Link argument is BS, as well. I don't think I need to explain why. Oh, and he was only able to deal with Gorons with the Iron Boots equipped.

I was only joking with the TP Link argument because he is shown to be the most physically strong Link (without a power armlet of any kind)
the damage output is a gameplay element. nothing more. otherwise TP Link really would be a friggin demigod for how much punishment he can dish out with backslice and mortal draw. by connection you could expect someone who is so physically potent to be physically resilient as well and hence be able to tolerate more harm.
using gameplay as part of the story goes both ways

also the iron boots only made up for the weight difference between him and the gorons. he still had to actually overpower them.

Finally, regarding your use of the word quadruple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

geez, it's almost like English isn't my mother tongue or something.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#53EarthLord_CJPosted 4/19/2013 3:10:43 AM
Xenozoa425 posted...
I made a Dark Samus moveset not too long ago. It's much more unique than what the average user here can come up with.

I'm hurt. ;____;
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."