Why is Ridley so popular when the Metroid series is a B grade tier?

#1JoshCubeXXXLPosted 4/15/2013 10:38:48 PM
Metroid's popularity is on the same level as F-Zero, Kirby, and Star Fox. These are all B grade tier series in the company (IMO.) Why is this guy wanted so much compared to characters from games with A grade tiers, such as Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda?
#2CanyouGuessPosted 4/15/2013 10:43:26 PM
JoshCubeXXXL posted...
(IMO.)

You killed your own argument with that. Metroid is very popular, though moreso in the west. Regardless, people want him because he's a major antagonist in a said popular series.
---
Megaman for Smash Bros. 4!
I heavily dislike My Little Pony
#3VictoryBadguyPosted 4/15/2013 10:45:07 PM
Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda already have a ton of characters. Even the "B-teir" series you listed have a bunch of characters, excluding F-Zero.

Metroid just has Samus. It's a more prolific and popular series than something like Star Fox and it only has one character (and one non-armored version of that character).
---
Eternally waiting for that SG 360 patch...
#4sumostickfigurePosted 4/15/2013 10:48:34 PM
Please don't group F-Zero and Star Fox in with Kirby. The only popular game in the Star Fox franchise in the one for N64 and F-Zero hasn't had a new game in nearly a decade. And even if you do group those together and compare them to Metroid, Star Fox and Kirby each have more reps than Metroid; perhaps Metroid fans just want one more rep or something.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#5JoshCubeXXXL(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 11:08:47 PM
CanyouGuess posted...
JoshCubeXXXL posted...
(IMO.)

You killed your own argument with that. Metroid is very popular, though moreso in the west. Regardless, people want him because he's a major antagonist in a said popular series.

No, the reason why I used "IMO" is because my statement is not a fact. Saying that the series is a B tier cannot be summarized down to that.
#6Modus_PwnensPosted 4/15/2013 11:10:19 PM
I want Ridley and I don't even like Metroid... I just think he's really cool. Problem?
#7JoshCubeXXXL(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 11:14:25 PM
Ok, I was a little off about F-Zero. F-Zero is a C grade because they haven't had a new game in decades (I didn't realize this until just now.)
#8CanyouGuessPosted 4/15/2013 11:27:00 PM
JoshCubeXXXL posted...
Ok, I was a little off about F-Zero. F-Zero is a C grade because they haven't had a new game in decades (I didn't realize this until just now.)

Don't remind me. Last F-Zero game was in 2004 for the GBA, and it never left Japan. Come on Nintendo, you can crank out 3 Mario Kart games in five years, but no more F-Zero after nine years?
---
Megaman for Smash Bros. 4!
I heavily dislike My Little Pony
#9dedekongPosted 4/15/2013 11:40:47 PM
Kirby isn't B tier.
#10The_Undying_84Posted 4/16/2013 1:00:03 AM
I don't know if Metroid is equally popular as those series, but it's definitely better than them (no offense to those others).

Also since you conceded F Zero is less popular, the other two series you mentioned, Kirby and Star Fox, both have 3 characters, while Metroid only has 1.
---
PSN: TheUndying84