This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My character roster

#1ProtowizardPosted 4/16/2013 8:54:55 AM(edited)
Hello again, this is simply what I think would be a good roster of characters with a fair chance of making it in. A few notes first:
- I've included alt costumes, which in some cases may be separate characters with their own unique voice sets and taunts, but the exact same moves. Alt costumes don't count as a character slot. If there's no alt costume, it's because I couldn't think of one!
- I don't know much about Fire Emblem save for the fact a lot of people think Chrom is a good candidate and no one likes Roy.
- I also don't know much about F-Zero.
- I've limited third party characters to, at most, three per company. I've also chosen what I feel to be either well known characters, either currently or as retro characters, they also must have appeared on a Nintendo system. For this reason, I've tended towards picking only one character from each third party series (save for one).
- I also tried to pick new characters with good scope for unique movesets.
- I've also limited series representations to a maximum of four. Admittedly, the Mario series is a bit of a cheat, but I'm using the same separation that was in Brawl.
- I haven't included Ridley. This is for a couple of reasons, but I'm not going to get in an argument about it here. If you don't think I'm right, just pretend I added him and move on.
- I chose a Moogle instead of a specific Final Fantasy character as a good generic character with a lot of personality, which has been known to fight in the series and can change jobs to give a unique moveset.
- Travis Touchdown is in because No More Heroes 1 & 2 are fun games and Suda 51 expressed an interest in getting him in there.
- Bayonetta is in to promote Bayonetta 2, which seems like a thing that would happen.
- Characters that almost made the cut: Zero, Viewtiful Joe and Soma Cruz (alt: Alucard).
- Risky choices: Captain Syrup, Prince Fluff.

Mario series:
Mario (Dr. Mario)
Luigi (Mr. L)
Peach (Daisy)
Bowser (Dry Bowser)

Yoshi series:
Yoshi

Wario series:
Wario (Biker Wario)
Captain Syrup

Donkey Kong series:
Donkey Kong (Funky Kong)
Diddy Kong (Dixie Kong)
King K. Rool (Kaptain K. Rool)

Legend of Zelda:
Link (OOT Link)
Zelda/Sheik (OOT Zelda/Sheik)
Ganondorf (OOT Ganondorf)
Toon Link (Train Conductor Link)

Kirby series:
Kirby (Yarn Kirby)
King Dedede (Yarn Dedede)
Metaknight (Yarn Metaknight)
Prince Fluff

Metroid:
Samus (Dark Samus)

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Newtwo (Mewtwo)
Pokemon Trainer (Female Pokemon Trainer)

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon (Blood Falcon)

Mother:
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Chrom
Anna

Pikmin:
Olimar (Louie)

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kid Icarus:
Pit (Dark Pit)

Game & Watch:
Mr. Game & Watch

Ice Climber:
Ice Climbers

Nintendo:
R.O.B.
Mii

SEGA:
Sonic (Metal Sonic)
Eggman (EggRobo)

Konami
Solid Snake (Big Boss)
Simon Belmont (Richter Belmont)
Bomberman (Max)

Capcom
Mega Man (X)
Ryu (Ken)
Amaterasu (Shiranui)

Square Enix
Moogle
Rocket Slime
Sora (Roxas)

Grasshopper Manufacture:
Travis Touchdown

Platinum Games:
Bayonetta
#2Doug314Posted 4/16/2013 9:08:10 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many 3rd parties 0/10.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#3albertojz356Posted 4/16/2013 11:15:00 AM
It was so perfect and then I didn't see Palutena :(. Still it has three of my other favorites and I can't deny i'd be happy with this. 10/10.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Bayonetta, Cptn. Syrup, Eirika, Micaiah, Anna, Lyn, Lucina, Shantae, Lip, Andy, Medusa, Birdo, & Mike Jones for SSB4!
#4XxWontonxXPosted 4/16/2013 11:36:33 AM
It was a decent roster until I saw no Palutena and too many 3rd party characters. 5/10
---
Palutena, Micaiah, Shulk, Chrom, Female Pokemon Trainer, Roy, Ashley, Mona, and Megaman for SSB4.