Which second Link has the highest chances of being included?

#1BigSharkZPosted 4/17/2013 9:58:56 PM
Which second Link has the highest chances of being included? - Results (113 votes)
Young Link with Link's moveset.
0.88% (1 votes)
Young Link with a Majora's Mask moveset.
9.73% (11 votes)
Toon Link with Link's moveset.
27.43% (31 votes)
Toon Link with a Wind Waker / Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks moveset.
25.66% (29 votes)
Toon Link with a Minish Cap / Four Swords moveset.
0% (0 votes)
A Link to the Past (2) Link with Link's moveset.
7.96% (9 votes)
A Link to the Past (2) Link with a A Link to the Past moveset.
4.42% (5 votes)
A Link to the Past (2) Link with a A Link to the Past 2 (Paper gimmick) moveset.
7.08% (8 votes)
Wolf Link with Midna.
10.62% (12 votes)
Other.
6.19% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As the poll says, which Link do you think has the highest chances of being the second Link of this game? Personally, I feel that A Link to the Past 2 Link and Wolf Link have the highest chances. Sure, Toon Link's very nice and relevant, but I have a feeling he's not there to stay.
---
PSN: MounirJemily
#2sumostickfigurePosted 4/17/2013 10:08:13 PM
Paper Link for SSB4.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#3VictoryBadguyPosted 4/17/2013 10:14:24 PM
I can easily Toon Link returning with his clone moveset. He's still relevant for now thanks to WW HD, and as we've seen with characters like Falco and Ganondorf the devs seem reluctant to fully de-clone characters when given the chance. They might Luigi-fy him a little, but I'd speculate that the bulk of his moveset would still be Link's.
---
Eternally waiting for that SG 360 patch...
#4iKhanicPosted 4/17/2013 10:20:27 PM(edited)
A WW/PH/ST moveset or an MC/FS moveset will be a Link moveset. Unless for some reason you don't think Toon Link should use a sword. Remember there is more to characters than just their special attacks, and it would just seem random to give Toon Link different arbitrary sword slashes from regular Link. On top of that, they all use a similar arsenal of alternate weapons as well.

I voted a Toon Link with Link's moveset because that is the most likely. My preferences are for no 2nd Link, or worst case MM Link w/ Masked moveset (doesn't use a sword) or Wolf Link + Midna

VictoryBadguy posted...
I can easily Toon Link returning with his clone moveset. He's still relevant for now thanks to WW HD, and as we've seen with characters like Falco and Ganondorf the devs seem reluctant to fully de-clone characters when given the chance. They might Luigi-fy him a little, but I'd speculate that the bulk of his moveset would still be Link's.

WW HD doesn't mean anything. Its a remake of an old game, so WW Link is still an old character. That said "Toon Link" isn't even a character on his own, but an arbitrary collection of 5 different Links spanning 6 different games..
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5BigSharkZ(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 10:25:29 PM
iKhanic posted...
A WW/PH/ST moveset or an MC/FS moveset will be a Link moveset. Unless for some reason you don't think Toon Link should use a sword. Remember there is more to characters than just their special attacks, and it would just seem random to give Toon Link different arbitrary sword slashes from regular Link. On top of that, they all use a similar arsenal of alternate weapons as well.

I voted a Toon Link with Link's moveset because that is the most likely. My preferences are for no 2nd Link, or worst case MM Link w/ Masked moveset (doesn't use a sword) or Wolf Link + Midna

By Link moveset, I meant he'll be a clone of Link again. Sorry if it didn't seem clear enough. For Toon Link to have a different moveset, I meant he'd still use a sword, but play differently. For example, his spin attack could be charged until it does that ultimate spin attack from Wind Waker, but holding it for too long will make him go dizzy. He could use the Gust Jar to grab opponents, the Cane of Pacci that could work like Mario's cape, etc.
---
#6iKhanicPosted 4/17/2013 10:28:52 PM
BigSharkZ posted...
iKhanic posted...

By Link moveset, I meant he'll be a clone of Link again. Sorry if it didn't seem clear enough. For Toon Link to have a different moveset, I meant he'd still use a sword, but play differently. For example, his spin attack could be charged until it does that ultimate spin attack from Wind Waker, but holding it for too long will make him go dizzy. He could use the Gust Jar to grab opponents, the Cane of Pacci that could work like Mario's cape, etc.

I know what you mean, and I'm saying it wouldn't work. As long as Toon Link carries a sword, he should necessarily be a clone. Otherwise you are just keeping a duplicate character around to be Link's alternate moveset.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7BigSharkZ(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 10:33:30 PM
iKhanic posted...
BigSharkZ posted...
iKhanic posted...

I know what you mean, and I'm saying it wouldn't work. As long as Toon Link carries a sword, he should necessarily be a clone. Otherwise you are just keeping a duplicate character around to be Link's alternate moveset.

How exactly would it not work, and how is your logic about Toon Link having to absolutely be a clone applied? I thought I'd never see someone who'd want clones but you prove me wrong. I personally do not see the appeal of clones and if there's a chance to modify Toon Link's moveset, then I'll gladly take it.

I mean, Toon Link has a lot of moveset potential, it seems pretty stupid to bring him down to the state of a simple clone. I'd rather have another Zelda character instead of a cloned Link, as its a waste of a slot.
---
#8nitttPosted 4/17/2013 11:45:35 PM
I would think Toon Link will make a return with similar moves it had in SSBB (the most likeable).

However, I have been pondering on Majora Link as a dark horse idea in my head for awhile. If they make him and use his specials as transformations to the other beings (Deku, Goron, Zora, Super Smash Deity), it can bring an interesting realm of thought for a character.

The other one that might make it separately from all this is Wolf Link/Midna combo. But I think it may not happen.....too many Links as it is...>.>
---
Recently Finished Game: Ni No Kuni (PS3), The Last Story (Wii)
Current Game: Pandora's Tower (soon) (Wii), TBA (PS3), MH3U (WiiU)
#9iKhanicPosted 4/18/2013 6:11:58 AM
BigSharkZ posted...
iKhanic posted...
BigSharkZ posted...
iKhanic posted...

How exactly would it not work, and how is your logic about Toon Link having to absolutely be a clone applied? I thought I'd never see someone who'd want clones but you prove me wrong. I personally do not see the appeal of clones and if there's a chance to modify Toon Link's moveset, then I'll gladly take it.

I mean, Toon Link has a lot of moveset potential, it seems pretty stupid to bring him down to the state of a simple clone. I'd rather have another Zelda character instead of a cloned Link, as its a waste of a slot.

I don't want clones. That's why I want Toon Link cut from the game, even though he's my Brawl main.

When a duplicate character doesn't have a clone moveset, all they become is a character slot for an alternate moveset. Lets say that they brought in two new Marios into Brawl. Galaxy Mario and Sunshine Mario. Galaxy Mario has two moves based on the spin from SMG. Sunshine Mario has two moves based on FLUDD. Now for the rest of their moves, they just have different punches and kicks from Mario, but in the same fighting style Mario maintains through his 3D games. Would you really think that's okay? I'd much rather just be able to flip between 2 or 3 different Mario movesets in a "moveset select" sort of fashion, rather than having completely different characters.
---
#10ViewtifulGenePosted 4/18/2013 7:11:27 AM
Sausage Link. Sausage Link is loved by all Zelda fans, new or old, casual or not. Even non-gamers know who Sausage Link is and they love him.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong