Rate this idea: Multiple Final Smashes per character

#1HeyWheresKelPosted 4/17/2013 11:21:38 PM
What do you think of multiple Final Smashes per character? - Results (44 votes)
31.82% (14 votes)
4.55% (2 votes)
4.55% (2 votes)
4.55% (2 votes)
0% (0 votes)
4.55% (2 votes)
9.09% (4 votes)
6.82% (3 votes)
2.27% (1 votes)
31.82% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'd like to see different FS moves that better reflect the characters (like the Poltergust for Luigi), but I don't want old FS moves to get thrown away (I do like Luigi's ridiculous dance). And there is just so much potential for different FS ideas. So, if feasible, I think every character should get at least 2 FS moves. I'm not sure what the best way would be to determine which particular FS a character will use. I think it would be cool if holding onto a Smash Ball for longer will allow a character to use, say, their Level 2 Final Smash. In this case, I think that holding onto a Smash Ball for longer should make it increasingly easier for a Smash Ball to get hit out of that character.
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png
#2Doug314Posted 4/18/2013 12:59:56 AM
Neither original nor worth the resources it'd take to implement. I'd rather see them declone stuff like the landmasters long before this.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#3DasDavidPosted 4/18/2013 1:29:21 AM
Assuming all original FS's would be decloned (because I always try to judge idea's based on their own merit, not whether or not they would take resources away from some other idea that's not being specifically asked about) I'm still not sure I'd want to see this.

I mean the only way I can think I would like multiple Final Smashes is if maybe every character got two of the same types. Like... one wide-spread one that's semi effective (think PK Starstorm) and one that only targets one enemy and is somewhat more difficult to use (think... idk, Great Aether I guess)

Then the problem arises that some characters don't have either of these now, but instead they have transformations, so how do those get handled? What about characters that don't really lend themselves to single-hit attacks or wide-spread attacks? It's bad enough that several of the current Final Smashes are crap compared to others, but what if someone ends up getting two that totally rock and someone ends up with two that pretty much suck?

In my opinion there's just too many variables that might make this frustrating more than anything for some characters, but I wouldn't really hate the idea if it were implemented.

I know this was long, but it's late and I couldn't pick an arbitrary number without wanting to explain what sort of thinking went into it... It was 7 by the way.
---
Final SSB4 prediction/wishlist before E3 2013
http://imgur.com/2a4A1An
#4HeyWheresKel(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 7:31:00 PM
DasDavid posted...
Assuming all original FS's would be decloned (because I always try to judge idea's based on their own merit, not whether or not they would take resources away from some other idea that's not being specifically asked about) I'm still not sure I'd want to see this.

I mean the only way I can think I would like multiple Final Smashes is if maybe every character got two of the same types. Like... one wide-spread one that's semi effective (think PK Starstorm) and one that only targets one enemy and is somewhat more difficult to use (think... idk, Great Aether I guess)

Then the problem arises that some characters don't have either of these now, but instead they have transformations, so how do those get handled? What about characters that don't really lend themselves to single-hit attacks or wide-spread attacks? It's bad enough that several of the current Final Smashes are crap compared to others, but what if someone ends up getting two that totally rock and someone ends up with two that pretty much suck?

In my opinion there's just too many variables that might make this frustrating more than anything for some characters, but I wouldn't really hate the idea if it were implemented.

I know this was long, but it's late and I couldn't pick an arbitrary number without wanting to explain what sort of thinking went into it... It was 7 by the way.

That's a well-reasoned response. I like the inclusion of your opinions. It got me thinking.
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png
#5Undead SaintPosted 4/19/2013 7:56:21 PM
All the similar final smashes could be turned into options for a single character, and then those characters who lost their "clone" final smashes (pk starstorm landmasters) could be given entirely new ones.

For example, for would be able to choose which landmaster type to bring into a fight. Perhaps falco would have multiple arwing while wolf can't let you do that.
---
Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
What's up with the parentheses in random places?-Gamemaster1212