This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if this game had NO items AT ALL?

#1Selt_Jr422Posted 4/18/2013 12:07:14 PM
no option for you to choose them whatsoever. it's all just a matter of how skilled you are with the characters actual moveset. the game would be pretty damn boring, huh? :P or maybe it's a hell of alot fun if you use your own fighting skills :D how bout it?
#2_Floater_Posted 4/18/2013 12:08:48 PM
That'd be dumb.
#3SalsaSavantPosted 4/18/2013 12:09:17 PM
I generally don't use items, but I would be dissapointed if they were gone. They're fun to mess around with, and great for casual matches.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#4Undead SaintPosted 4/18/2013 12:10:10 PM
It would be akward if the items were suddenly removed.
If smash had no items to begin with then I'd be used to it since that brings it in line with most other fighting games.

I generally prefer itemless play though.
---
Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
What's up with the parentheses in random places?-Gamemaster1212
#5Selt_Jr422(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 12:13:01 PM(edited)
SalsaSavant posted...
I generally don't use items, but I would be dissapointed if they were gone. They're fun to mess around with, and great for casual matches.

agreed. for me it's with the online matches. people would just cheat and keep using overpowered weapons and not even the fact that they use em but you notice how some items can create an extra hazard for the stage. making players die very easily :P
#6Someguy_13Posted 4/18/2013 12:13:49 PM
I've always found items off to be much much more fun than items on, so honestly all having no items in the game would do would basically guarantee that I never get forced to have a less fun match with them online.

That said though, some people enjoy them for some reason, so I guess I would be disappointed on their behalf.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#7Blazekicker27Posted 4/18/2013 12:31:41 PM
I'd be disappointed since while I do have fun playing with items off, I still like playing with them on as well.
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#8Doug314Posted 4/18/2013 2:39:31 PM
Then the game wouldn't be Smash Bros. That's what if it had no items.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#9TerradriusPosted 4/18/2013 8:09:15 PM
I prefer having some items, while taking the more overpowered (especially overpowered and boring) items out. It would be quite disappointing if they were gone.
---
http://adamgaming.blogspot.com/ - My game review/design blog, which I have finally gotten back to updating. Sporadically.
Jesus saves. PSN: Orethen
#10President_MarthPosted 4/18/2013 8:14:55 PM
As long as the bombs come in on sudden death I'd be okay, but really it'd be disappointing.
---
Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! ~AngryPidgeon