I came to awake you all, Awakening Mewtwo form CANNOT have Mewtwo's Melee moves

#1Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 4/18/2013 2:16:03 PM
Seriously, they are both different physically, Awakening Mewtwo has it's tail on the head, whereas Mewtwo has it's tail in his back. Both can share some moves, but Awakening Mewtwo is smaller in height whereas Mewtwo is much taller, as seen in Melee, A.M. would be at least be Lucario's height. In order for it to work, it would either be a completely new move-set or most of Mewtwo's tails attacks would be altered and/or changed, because it wouldn't work.
---
...once again, my mind crumbles to Kooky's logic! -MetaFalconPunch
Official Ganondorf of the SSBU Boards
#2reaverzPosted 4/18/2013 2:18:06 PM
This is exactly why I hope that Mewtwo's Awakened forme is implemented as a separate character moveset tied to Mewtwo through transformation, whether by special move or Final Smash. Awakened Mewtwo cannot be a "costume" due to vastly different proportions and shape.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#3Undead SaintPosted 4/18/2013 2:22:04 PM
Hmm. Did being smaller in height didn't prevent toon link from having most of big links moveset? I think that would explain some of the differences in their attacks.
---
Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
What's up with the parentheses in random places?-Gamemaster1212
#4Arcanine2009Posted 4/18/2013 2:28:18 PM(edited)
^agreed

What if it ends up being a knock off wario final smash? lol
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#5The_Undying_84Posted 4/18/2013 2:32:20 PM
Undead Saint posted...
Hmm. Did being smaller in height didn't prevent toon link from having most of big links moveset? I think that would explain some of the differences in their attacks.

This is true. As is often discussed here in other contexts, size in their own canon is irrelevant, especially when the difference is as minor as Mewtwo's vs. Newtwo's height.

And his moveset doesn't have to be changed at all because of the head tail thing either, all of his tail swinging moves would work just as well. The animation would just look slightly different.

However, **** Newtwo because it's hideous, they should just put Mewtwo in.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#6taoxadasaPosted 4/18/2013 2:49:16 PM
Can't they just keep the same hitboxes?

I really don't think it's impossible like you say it is.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#7Master_Warlord7Posted 4/18/2013 3:21:57 PM
You people say this like you actually would want Mewtwo to keep his current existing horrible moveset.

A god like psychic being attacking people with his tail is bloody stupid.
---
~~~V Smash Bros Moveset Making Paradise V~~~
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=335316
#8reaverzPosted 4/18/2013 3:24:04 PM(edited)
taoxadasa posted...
Can't they just keep the same hitboxes?

I really don't think it's impossible like you say it is.

Think about Mewtwo's attack animations when using its tail in Melee and try to imagine Awakened Mewtwo moving in exactly the same manner. If the hitboxes remained exactly the same, then Awakened Mewtwo would hit enemies with an invisible rear tail and its "head tail" would go through opponents without hitting them.

Basically, Mewtwo's tail attacks often hit at lower heights because it's on its rear, which would pose problems because Awakened Mewtwo's "tail" would hit at higher angles because it's on the back of its head. It would also run into a delay problem with Mewtwo's Up Tilt, all because the tail would take longer to reach the apex of the attack due to it being on its head rather than its rear.

Master_Warlord7 posted...
You people say this like you actually would want Mewtwo to keep his current existing horrible moveset.

A god like psychic being attacking people with his tail is bloody stupid.

... Touche. I had actually forgotten how lame Mewtwo's standard moveset was when it came to representing the character itself. The point still stands that Mewtwo's Melee moveset cannot be perfectly ported onto its Awakening forme, however.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#9Green MambaPosted 4/18/2013 3:56:05 PM(edited)
Mewtwo's down tilt as well--he sweeps his tail really close to the ground--sure, you could retain the attack hitbox, but his body's hurtbox would not be the same.

At the very least they could not be alts of each other.
---
God makes mistakes too...--duderdude3
Agree'd. Most of those mistakes post here.--SwordMaster100
#10Kooky_von_Koopa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 3:49:58 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Undead Saint posted...

This is true. As is often discussed here in other contexts, size in their own canon is irrelevant, especially when the difference is as minor as Mewtwo's vs. Newtwo's height.

And his moveset doesn't have to be changed at all because of the head tail thing either, all of his tail swinging moves would work just as well. The animation would just look slightly different.

However, **** Newtwo because it's hideous, they should just put Mewtwo in.

His tail attacks would't work at all. Above poster explained why.
---
...once again, my mind crumbles to Kooky's logic! -MetaFalconPunch
Official Ganondorf of the SSBU Boards