This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I came to awake you all, Awakening Mewtwo form CANNOT have Mewtwo's Melee moves

#11xyzlacticPosted 4/18/2013 3:53:32 PM
I'm sure it'll me both mewtwos like Zelda and shiek.
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#12SmallerRidleyPosted 4/18/2013 4:03:22 PM(edited)
Tail attacks can be replaced with ranged psychic attacks that hit the same places (some animation altering would probably happen, though). The only one that would seem odd is bair, which is a truly awful move anyway.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#13Doug314Posted 4/18/2013 3:58:09 PM
Mewtwo's tail attacks should go away anyway. He never fights with the in other games and shouldn't have them in the first place.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#14SmallerRidleyPosted 4/18/2013 4:00:57 PM
He doesn't make real physical contact in any other games, Doug. This is the only game that involves non-turn-based fighting.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#15The_Undying_84Posted 4/18/2013 4:30:24 PM
Green Mamba posted...
Mewtwo's down tilt as well--he sweeps his tail really close to the ground--sure, you could retain the attack hitbox, but his body's hurtbox would not be the same.

At the very least they could not be alts of each other.

You speak as if hit boxes are always 100% accurate to the animation. And once again, it would only take slightly minor tweaks and it would still work. For example, they can just raise the height he sweeps his tail at a little bit and you still have essentially the same move. It's a new game with a new engine, there would definitely be some minor differences like that even if they wanted to perfectly replicate the old move set.

Also, I agree with Master Warlord, who cares if he gets that move set back.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#16Someguy_13Posted 4/18/2013 5:24:38 PM
It would only have to be very slightly altered.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#17CrystalKing5426Posted 4/18/2013 5:45:03 PM
Awakening Mewtwo's moveset:

Standard B: Chocolate Beam
Side B: Constriction
Up B: Dangerous Liquid Bomb
Down B: Absorption technique

Final Smash: Reverts to Kid Mewtwo
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil Chancellor of the Zelda Wii U Board
#18CrystalKing5426Posted 4/18/2013 5:48:34 PM
Doug314 posted...
Mewtwo's tail attacks should go away anyway. He never fights with the in other games and shouldn't have them in the first place.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/150.shtml

Aqua Tail disagrees.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil Chancellor of the Zelda Wii U Board
#19Frost_LASERPosted 4/18/2013 7:03:54 PM
I actually liked Mewtwo's moveset and play style, it was unique. Alakazam is an even more fragile psychic type and it states in one of its pokedex entries that it uses it powers to move its body. I always thought Mewtwos physical attacks were laced with its psychic powers in Melee, save for its throws which we're amazing. I'd settle for a Wario or R.O.B like final smash with newtwo.
#20Cell JuniorPosted 4/18/2013 9:46:04 PM
Yeah. I want classic Mewtwo, not the creepy kid form Mewtwo. =(
---
The Official Lip of the Smash Bros. Wii U Board; Smash Bros. needs more puzzle reps and cute: Lip and Toad for Smash 4