A simple idea I have

#1KingMTJPosted 4/18/2013 8:51:15 PM
Considering we have two dodge buttons. What if one was for Melee style dodging and the other for Brawl Style
#2Someguy_13Posted 4/18/2013 9:00:44 PM
I would like this.

I mean I don't actually have a huge preference between the air dodges. I mean I guess I like Melee's more because of the level of strategy it adds only having one in the air and also working as a recovery option, but it's nice to have choices.

As long as the game is faster like Melee I don't really care what air dodge it uses.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#3KingMTJ(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 9:06:03 PM
Someguy_13 posted...
I would like this.

I mean I don't actually have a huge preference between the air dodges. I mean I guess I like Melee's more because of the level of strategy it adds only having one in the air and also working as a recovery option, but it's nice to have choices.

As long as the game is faster like Melee I don't really care what air dodge it uses.

Yeah, Brawl dropped the ball with its moon physics. I hope that the next Smash will be the best in terms of competitive play and being a party game.
#4Doug314Posted 4/18/2013 9:56:28 PM
No. Melee's is made to be too abusable and we definitely don't need ways to have an even more defensive game. It should just be like brawl's except it makes you helpless after you do it.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#5DasDavidPosted 4/18/2013 10:00:50 PM
I tend to want everything to be an inbetween of brawl and melee so... no I guess I just want a new style of dodge that works better overall than both.
---
Final SSB4 prediction/wishlist before E3 2013
http://imgur.com/2a4A1An
#6Someguy_13Posted 4/18/2013 11:23:46 PM
DasDavid posted...
I tend to want everything to be an inbetween of brawl and melee so... no I guess I just want a new style of dodge that works better overall than both.

You should try Project M.

The goal is to make Brawl play like Melee, but for now at least, it sort of falls somewhere between the two (albeit closer to Melee).
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#7Doug314Posted 4/18/2013 11:26:17 PM
No, I've seen it, and it's way too, "You have to l-cancel or you suck" based. I don't see why forcing yourself to practice until you can do some advanced tactic every single time should be such a big factor in the gameplay. I'd no way have the patience when there are games like brawl where you can just fight without having to go through all that trouble.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#8DasDavidPosted 4/18/2013 11:31:21 PM
Someguy_13 posted...
DasDavid posted...

You should try Project M.

The goal is to make Brawl play like Melee, but for now at least, it sort of falls somewhere between the two (albeit closer to Melee).

I have tried it and yeah... it's... okay. Of course it's still Smash so it's still great, I just mean in terms of the "feel" I want. While I'm not saying it's a dead ringer, it's certainly much closer to Melee in my opinion. Plus I just can't stand how many other things have been changed to just be Melee 2.0 I know fans of the mod take offense to that, and I'm sorry in advance to anyone this applies to, but the changes (moveset or otherwise), or rather reverts, of certain characters to be their Melee incarnations just kept me from enjoying it enough to keep it.
---
Final SSB4 prediction/wishlist before E3 2013
http://imgur.com/2a4A1An
#9CanyouGuessPosted 4/19/2013 2:23:11 AM
I'd like Project M a lot more if they didn't think WarioWare Wario was unforgivable, but Captain Ganon is A-okay.
---
Megaman for Smash Bros. 4!
I heavily dislike My Little Pony
#10genandnicPosted 4/24/2013 10:59:43 PM
DasDavid posted...
I have tried it and yeah... it's... okay. Of course it's still Smash so it's still great, I just mean in terms of the "feel" I want. While I'm not saying it's a dead ringer, it's certainly much closer to Melee in my opinion. Plus I just can't stand how many other things have been changed to just be Melee 2.0 I know fans of the mod take offense to that, and I'm sorry in advance to anyone this applies to, but the changes (moveset or otherwise), or rather reverts, of certain characters to be their Melee incarnations just kept me from enjoying it enough to keep it.

Toon Link's taunt in Project M comes to mind. I mean it's a really cool taunt in all, but he really should be drinking Elixir Soup or something, not Lon Lon Milk. xD