Anyone else hope this game is cel-shaded?

#1Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/19/2013 3:23:15 PM
I really didn't like how they implemented realistic lighting in Brawl.
#2SalsaSavantPosted 4/19/2013 3:28:33 PM
It might be nice to get a new art style if all the characters look good in it.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#3GohansephirothPosted 4/19/2013 3:33:08 PM
No, they found a nice balance with the last game, and bringing every character into a cel shaded look would make some characters look incredibly strange.
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#4Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 3:42:14 PM
Gohansephiroth posted...
No, they found a nice balance with the last game, and bringing every character into a cel shaded look would make some characters look incredibly strange.

80%-90% of all Nintendo franchises look like they came from an anime, manga, or western comics/animation.....
#5SalsaSavantPosted 4/19/2013 3:50:20 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
Gohansephiroth posted...

80%-90% of all Nintendo franchises look like they came from an anime, manga, or western comics/animation.....

Then the 10-20% of the others will be left out.
A psudo-realistic setting is the easiest to do while letting all the characters fit in with each other.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#6PlasmaCannonPosted 4/19/2013 3:53:36 PM
Why would I want this game to look terrible?
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#7KeleenRemPosted 4/19/2013 4:26:59 PM
But I love shading cells!
#8hyperknees91Posted 4/19/2013 5:06:29 PM
Give it ninja storm graphical quality and I'm game.

Wasn't a fan of brawls graphics because the colors looked too washed out compared to melee.
---
PSN tag hyperknees
#9GohansephirothPosted 4/19/2013 9:11:52 PM
SalsaSavant posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...
Gohansephiroth posted...

Then the 10-20% of the others will be left out.
A psudo-realistic setting is the easiest to do while letting all the characters fit in with each other.

^see salsa gets it
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#10DanspurtPosted 4/19/2013 11:52:57 PM
I would like it, but I can imagine that there would be so many people out there that wouldn't that they won't consider it.

Still, if we follow patterns... Brawl's art style was inspired by Twilight Princess, as every character was redesigned to match Link. So if Link takes on his Skyward Sword design in this game...
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln