My 47 character roster, this my first one

#21BboySaturn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 9:26:56 PM
Someguy_13 posted...
Pit should keep his moveset, it doesn't need to change, and even if it did, you couldn't represent every possible option in Uprising, so it's better to stay focused on his main weapon, Palutena's Bow. Palutena herself with a moveset inspired by her boss fights is good enough playable representation for Uprising.

Needs Isaac.

How would a new Nintendo IP be a retro series?

Lucario shouldn't be cut from the Pokemon roster. Newtwo represents gen 6 just fine and you wouldn't have to alter Mewtwo's moveset THAT much so it's all good there.

Needs Little Mac.

Megaman Classic would be a better choice for representing the entire Megaman series than X.

Namco rep should be Pac-Man.

4 third party reps is enough.

Needs a new Metroid rep.

No all your ideas are terrible, aside from little mac and can you NOT tell I made a mistake putting NEW NINTENDO IP in the retro section, we all make mistakes, chill.
---
"Tis Thy Fate and Birth that wrong you, not I."
#22BomberFman34Posted 4/21/2013 11:26:34 PM
Suprised no one has brought up the fact that you cut Pokemon Traniner for no reason...
---
Hey Trash what did Ol Lady Semple say when you torched her pension check??
GT: LazyFman202
#23BboySaturn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 11:52:52 PM
BomberFman34 posted...
Suprised no one has brought up the fact that you cut Pokemon Traniner for no reason...

I didn't cut him, I forgot him.. There's a difference.
---
"Tis Thy Fate and Birth that wrong you, not I."
#24NeonivekPosted 4/22/2013 5:02:50 AM
"Yeah, it works kinda similar to Hookshot/Clawshot, but also steals items and connects two objects together"

Same move...

It would be like saying Link's Tornado hurricane Boomerang is different because it has a wind effect. It has no appreciable difference (To admit, It would have been neat if it had its other effects)

Then you have the Link Spin move to get back on the ledge (Of which Toon Link has the unique position of having two).

You have to include arrows and bombs because they are iconic

And boom... Toon Link is still exactly the same as Link except "the name of the moves are different".
#25gamedude2009Posted 4/22/2013 9:42:03 AM
Neonivek posted...
"Yeah, it works kinda similar to Hookshot/Clawshot, but also steals items and connects two objects together"

Same move...

It would be like saying Link's Tornado hurricane Boomerang is different because it has a wind effect. It has no appreciable difference (To admit, It would have been neat if it had its other effects)

Then you have the Link Spin move to get back on the ledge (Of which Toon Link has the unique position of having two).

You have to include arrows and bombs because they are iconic

And boom... Toon Link is still exactly the same as Link except "the name of the moves are different".

Your "logic" makes me kinda sad. :(

First of all, Grappling Hook, in Smash, could be used to steal an opponent's item or maybe connect an opponent to an obstacle on a stage, or two opponents together, or two obstacles together to make a tightrope. Something that THE HOOKSHOT/CLAWSHOT CANNOT DO, AND HAS NEVER DONE IN THE ZELDA SERIES NOR SMASH. I want to emphasize this, and if you have ever played Zelda games with these items, you would know that they are similar, yet vastly different.

By the "Link's Tornado hurricane Boomerang" do you mean the Gale Boomerang from Twilight Princess? That did have other effects in TP, it made a small wind to blow out torches, stir up leaves, etc. The Gale Boomerang was in Brawl, but it did not have any wind effects other than graphical effects. So, the Whirlwind (from Spirit Tracks, a Toon game), which is nothing like a boomerang, and is more like a gun that shoots a small but strong gust of wind, could easily be put in Smash for Toon Link.

And if you have ever played a game with the Hurricane Spin, you would know that it is similar to the regular Spin Attack, yet keeps spinning for several seconds afterward, while Toon Link can move around (not something possible with the regular Spin Attack), and then he's dizzy for a couple seconds when finished. Vastly different from the regular Spin Attack.

This is the funny part; you're now saying that even if there were a hundred different moves for Toon Link in the Zelda series, you would still HAVE to include Bombs and Bow because "they are iconic"?

Sorry to break it to you, but THEY ARE ALREADY USED BY LINK. Why would you have to include them for Toon Link if they are already used by the standard Link? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You were the one saying "you couldn't" give him his own moveset because YOU think that everything that Toon Link does, Link does the same thing. And even when I prove that theory wrong, beyond a shadow of a doubt, YOU are the one claiming that he still MUST use TWO of the same moves as Link. And that in and of itself is ridiculous.

And of course, you forget to mention THREE entirely unique moves for Toon Link that I listed; Sand Rod, Wind Waker, and Deku Leaf. If you have ever played Wind Waker or Spirit Tracks, you would know how unique these are.

You have just proven that you cannot debate my points, you don't know what Toon Link does, you don't use any imagination, and really just don't know what you are talking about.

If you can come up with a real reason why you are right and I am wrong, please let me know. But I don't see that happening, to be honest.

From now on, if you are going to debate with somebody, and you are not sure what they are saying, or you do not have the proper information, due to not playing the games or whatever, please research the topic and research their points before you try to prove your own points. It's as easy as looking up a guide, watching a video, etc.
---
Toad, Little Mac, Ridley, Mallo, Master Hand for SSB. +Vectorman
I'm a nice guy, just don't use your stupidity as a weapon, or I will counter with my Bolo Gun.
#26ThatPersonGuyPosted 4/22/2013 10:48:06 AM
BboySaturn posted...
Well, there hasn't been a good roster for a while, so, Ima make one! Besides characters, I'll also tell about moveset changes!

Mario
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
+Bowser Jr./ Shadow Mario
+ Paper Mario

Mario in no way requires a rep.

Kirby
Kirby
King DDD
Meta Knight

Metroid
Samus / Zero-Suit Samus

Ridley.

RIDLEY.

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Fire Emblem
Marth
+Roy
+Chrom or FEMALE FIRE EMBLEM REP
Ike

Four FE reps isn't happening. Heck, even three might not happen.

Pikmin
Olimar

F-Zero
Captain Falcon

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
+Mewtwo
+6th Gen Pokemon

Bring back PT, take off 6th Gen. Newtwo does more than enough of a good job with that.

Kid Icarus
Pit (With new Uprising Moveset)
+Palutena

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

Retro
Mr.Game&Watch
ROB
Classic Nintendo REP
NEW Nintendo IP REP

I can't judge this, it's too vauge.

Legend of Zelda
+SS Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link

What are the * spaces?

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong & Dixie
+King K. Rool

No Dixie.

Third Party
Sonic
Snake
+NAMCO BANDAI REP
+Megaman X or CAPCOM REP
Maybe a SQUAREENIX REP

We don't need an Enix rep.

all for a total of 47 with 3 free slots, what do you think, this is my first one btw. Hope you guys liked it, and hopefully this is the roster

---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#27ThatPersonGuyPosted 4/22/2013 10:49:37 AM
Neonivek posted...
Bowser Jr. isn't a bad choice.

He is similar to Baby Bowser the villain of the Yoshi story games, he is a major villain of the Mario games (even to the extent of being part of the last boss battles of a few), and he easily can have a unique and interesting moveset even without the Shadow Mario paintbrush.

"I see you're one of those people who has a problem with Toon Link, well ... Look at it like this Wind Waker is bout to get an HD "

Add me to those list of people. At least when Dr. Mario was in the game he was at least in a different series and Dr. Mario had the potential (before he was a clone) to have a different moveset.

Toon Link is Link from the same series just in a different game with the exact same moveset.

It would be like Adding Mario from Mario 64 and Super Mario from Super Mario world.

If Toon Link wasn't a better fighter then Link everyone would be complaining.

The Exact same character twice is something I am always going to reject no matter how popular the games are.

It is also why I never reject Paper Mario. He is dramatically different then Mario and wouldn't make sense with the same moveset. As well he comes from a different series that is based on Mario.

HECK! This is why I didn't reject the idea of Wolf Link. Sure, he is from the same game as the Link... but he has a different moveset.

Toon Link is a Clone who has no justification as to why he should be decloned.

Because he represents a huge chunk of the series with a drastically different artstyle and whatnot. Heck, you could even pull some strings and make him rep every single 2D Zelda game there is.
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#28NeonivekPosted 4/22/2013 9:02:39 PM
"Because he represents a huge chunk of the series with a drastically different artstyle and whatnot"

And as I said "Mario and Super Mario"

Or heck... the Mario and the Mario and Luigi games Mario.

Art shifts do not justify getting a whole new version of the exact same character.

You know how many characters in Smash Bros has a character with a series of games with a dramatic art shift who don't get another character?

In fact "Dramatically different art style" is exactly the problem. It isn't the art style that is important it is the play style. Of which they are exactly alike with the only differences being extra (and Link has always stuck with his most iconic weapons, hense why he never uses Medals, wands, or many of the other items he had).

Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. All in one game (Ps. They are all the same character)
#29HorribleLandCowPosted 4/22/2013 10:13:12 PM
I'd like to see more female characters and antagonists featured in the game too. Like Krystal, Bayonetta, Vaati, Palutena, Toon Zelda/Tetra, King K. Rool, etc.

Also, change some character moves. I agree Toon Link should be different. Change Ganondorf to have either sorcery included or swordplay. Change around the Star Fox movesets for Fox, Falco (and assuming Wolf might be brought back) so where they're not too similar. Some minor tweaks like that
#30evillockePosted 4/22/2013 11:41:53 PM
-7/10
---
I don't know what I want in my sig.