So many rosters today, I figured I might as well post one.

#11Someguy_13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 1:22:02 PM
Davidk92 posted...
Replace Newtwo with someone else. If you desperately want to put a 6th Gen rep in, at least wait until they reveal a decent portion of the roster.

Change the Fire Emblem portion. Seriously. It doesn't need, nor deserve, 4 reps over other series.

Based on the number of games it has, it deserves 4 reps as much as Starfox deserves 3.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#12Davidk92Posted 4/22/2013 1:24:19 PM
Someguy_13 posted...
Davidk92 posted...
Replace Newtwo with someone else. If you desperately want to put a 6th Gen rep in, at least wait until they reveal a decent portion of the roster.

Change the Fire Emblem portion. Seriously. It doesn't need, nor deserve, 4 reps over other series.

Based on the number of games it has, it deserves 4 reps as much as Starfox deserves 3.

If number of games was all that mattered, Mario would have over 10 characters.

And comparing it to Starfox is a stupid move considering the three Starfox characters all have the same specials. In other words: THEY'RE CLONES.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#13Someguy_13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 1:48:21 PM
Davidk92 posted...
Someguy_13 posted...
Davidk92 posted...

If number of games was all that mattered, Mario would have over 10 characters.

And comparing it to Starfox is a stupid move considering the three Starfox characters all have the same specials. In other words: THEY'RE CLONES.

Well Fire Emblem also has a lot of potential reps, and one of them is a returning veteran.

And the Starfox characters have similar special moves, but they're not clones.
Their special moves are slightly different (kicking the reflector, angled side B). But it's their A moves that really matter.

Their normals are pretty much completely different. At the very least, Wolf is not a clone, and Falco is only a semi clone.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#14Limelight788Posted 4/22/2013 1:57:49 PM
Doug314 posted...
Too much Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, and too many characters total. You have over 50; we won't get over 50. It's not 48 as you claim since transformations do count.

Since when did Sakurai state anything about fifty characters being the limit? He did mention it, but not that the roster wouldn't go over fifty (and before you ask, no, I don't need fifty characters to satisfy me. They could import Brawl's roster and add Mewtwo, King K. Rool and Mega Man and I'd be entirely satisfied).
---
Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Pichu, Deoxys, Genesect, Samurai Goroh, Roy, Mach Rider, Isaac, Ray, Mega Man for SSB4.