This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Proof that Pac Man Can't and Shouldn't be in this Game

#1ViewtifulGenePosted 4/22/2013 7:02:57 AM
Pac Man and Super Smash Brothers fans have a lot in common. Both spend most of their time in the dark, consuming vast quantities of pills. Both spend time watching for apparitions that they think have some sort of significance when they are most likely figments of their pill-induced imaginations. But Masahiro Sakurai, the director of SSB, knows better than to follow the fans' example. Here's why Pac Man can't, shouldn't, and won't be in this game.

The first reason why Pac Man can't be playable is because he has no fanbase. People on a message board do not show interest in Pac Man. And a message board accurately represents the market for Mr. Sakurai's games. Mr. Sakurai cares deeply about message boards and posters on one message board do not like Pac Man. Nobody outside the message boards likes Pac Man either, especially not anybody who would have grown up with the massively successful Pac Man arcade games. Mr. Sakurai has no interest in Pac Man when he could add an overwhelmingly popular character like Lloyd Irving, who had a system-seller only in Japan.

Another reason why Pac Man will never be added is because he cannot fight. I cannot think of a good moveset for Pac Man. Therefore Mr. Sakurai cannot do it either. Mr. Sakurai will not choose Pac Man when he could choose a shining paragon of uniqueness. After all, Mr. Sakurai added Kid Chameleon instead of Sonic as a Sega representative. He did this because Sonic would have had a boring moveset and Kid Chameleon would have been able to fight as a samurai and a berserker. Lloyd Irving is a very special Namco character because he is the only Namco character who has material that could be used in a moveset for this game. Lloyd is also very special as a character because he is the only possible candidate for this game who uses two swords.

Another reason Pac Man can never be playable is because he means nothing to Nintendo. Shigeru Miyamoto once said that his most hated character is Pac Man, and Masahiro Sakurai has repeatedly shown us that he despises characters with origins in retro games. Also, while Pac Man earned a reputation as a punching bag for Nintendo designers, Lloyd Irving appeared as a playable character in a few Mario Kart arcade games, including a new MK arcade game in development. It helps immensely that the director of the Tales game series mentioned Lloyd as a potential character Mr. Sakurai could use in this game. This provides decisive evidence that Mr. Sakurai will not consider any other Namco character.

I am happy that Mr. Sakurai will never add Pac Man to this game because Pac Man is boring, obscure, and irrelevant to Nintendo. You are happy too because nobody could rationally want such an obscure, boring, irrelevant character.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#2Pikmin3000Posted 4/22/2013 7:04:47 AM
*golf clap*
---
Expecting a witty signature?
TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!
#3ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 7:05:41 AM
Pikmin3000 posted...
*golf clap*

You can get the clap from playing golf?
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#4Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 4/22/2013 7:07:59 AM
Gene stop this.

You just made me laugh in the middle of a freaking silent classroom!!! XD

Ohhh I feel ashamed.
---
...once again, my mind crumbles to Kooky's logic! -MetaFalconPunch
Official Ganondorf of the SSBU Boards
#5NME_EnterprisesPosted 4/22/2013 7:09:40 AM
Donkey Kong proves that his claps can send people flying in SSB. It's in your best interest to keep your characters away from Donkey Kong.

Solid topic as usual though. It proves all of Sakurai's reasoning, including the reasoning used by Sakurai himself that people have PROVEN on this board.
---
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 128
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/15/heartscream2.jpg
#6SpikayaPosted 4/22/2013 7:15:28 AM
wtf did i just read
---
FEA Board - Official Husbando of RNG Goddess Anna :3
There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind.
#7ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 7:16:10 AM
Spikaya posted...
wtf did i just read

The truth.
---
#8MrSpacelySlatePosted 4/22/2013 7:30:21 AM
Yes, Pac Man had no game that helped shape the industry and make him an all time icon amongst all video gaming. He's an obscure relic of the past.
#9liveman789Posted 4/22/2013 7:41:24 AM
Wait... when you say why Pac-man can't and shouldn't be in this game, it almost sounds like they're reasons why he can and should be in this game...
#10ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 7:58:02 AM
liveman789 posted...
Wait... when you say why Pac-man can't and shouldn't be in this game, it almost sounds like they're reasons why he can and should be in this game...

Why should a generic, obscure, irrelevant character be added to this game?
---