Proof that Pac Man Can't and Shouldn't be in this Game

#101Gamer09ePosted 5/1/2013 7:49:24 AM(edited)
Traptin3days posted...
Traptin3days posted...
Gamer09e posted...
Traptin3days posted...
Gamer09e posted...
If your referring to the my first two post/comments when i was clearly being sarcastic, i'm not really seeing what your not understanding...

Sigh, you had accidentally written your own username instead of Ezexus' at the quote section, so it looked like you argued against yourself

Your way of sarcasm is weird

And you my friend have poor comprehensions skills funny how your the only one that seem to not get i wasn't being serious in my first two post... ;-D, now since you didn't get my post care to take a jab at Gene's?

No, it isn't weird that I was the only one that noticed that you had written your own name instead of Ezexus in the quote section. It is a small detail and I just thought that you had made a blunder. Other people might have thought that as well, but didn't care for pointing it out. Gene's sarcasm is better than yours, since it is in his text, not in his quote section.

you're*

So does it make you irate that i made a little slip, so much so that you felt the need to correct me on something as minor as a small error.. good to know i have a personal auto correcter if i need one...

---
Elektra for UMvC 3 and Pac man for SSBWIIU
#102Gamer09ePosted 5/1/2013 7:48:17 AM
Ezexus posted...
Gamer09e posted...
Ezexus posted...
If you've played a 3D Pac-Man game, you'll know that his abilities are very generic, nothing really special. And I doubt Sakurai would make his moveset like Marth's, with non-cannon stuff, since Pac-Man has enough abilities to have a cannon moveset, but his abilities are generic, so he would most likely have a generic moveset. Maybe that's why people "throw around the word generic" when talking about his moveset potential. And what does it matter, since I think Pac-Man won't get in since there's better choices, rather than because of his moveset potential?

Very repetitive respond my friend, good to know you don't actually have a valid reason as to what would make pacman move set generic...

All of Pac-Man's abilities in his games are generic. Unless he had a non-cannon moveset, I would assume his moveset would be, you guessed it, generic. I wouldn't mind him not having a cannon moveset, if he got in.

See that's the thing you still aren't explaining why he'd be generic, you just keep repeating it, Hypothetically speaking i can say mewtwo would be a bad idea to return because based on what i think it'd be a bad idea and it would be you guesses it a bad idea over all... see how i still haven't given an actual valid reason i just keep repeating bad idea, your doing the same thing only you keep using generic as your reasoning.
I've also noticed that your going by assumption which really doesn't help your case if you have no facts supporting your assumption.
---
#103Traptin3daysPosted 5/1/2013 9:30:14 AM
Gamer09e posted...

So does it make you irate that i made a little slip, so much so that you felt the need to correct me on something as minor as a small error.. good to know i have a personal auto correcter if i need one...

Wait a moment here... you say that I have a comprehension problem but yet you saw my correction as me being irritated?

Traptin3days posted...

Your quotes are confusing. It looks like you argue with yourself :x

Does this look like someone who is irritated to you? :/ It's silly that this became an argument. I just thought you made an error and pointed it out for you. That is all.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#104Gamer09ePosted 5/1/2013 9:59:10 AM(edited)
Traptin3days posted...
Gamer09e posted...

Wait a moment here... you say that I have a comprehension problem but yet you saw my correction as me being irritated?

Yes whats not to understand..., you didn't not fully understand something got mad and felt the need to take upon yourself being the person that you are to correct me on something that wasn't even intended for you...

Traptin3days posted...

Your quotes are confusing. It looks like you argue with yourself :x

Does this look like someone who is irritated to you? :/ It's silly that this became an argument. I just thought you made an error and pointed it out for you. That is all.

Lol we all know what you were doing, and it wasn't a simple correction towards my mistake, there ways to correct someone and antagonizing them by calling them weird isn't one of them. I find it funny, that you actually found it surprising that this became an argument at all knowing how you love to nitpick my comments for whatever reason.. (hence why no one else cared enough to correct it, yet you some how felt the need to) but hey if you wanna bs yourself into believing that its a simple error correction be my guess... funny how you haven't yet said anything about said topic but noted to commenting one of my misdirected post..
---
#105EzexusPosted 5/1/2013 8:00:15 PM
Gamer09e posted...
Ezexus posted...
Gamer09e posted...
Ezexus posted...
If you've played a 3D Pac-Man game, you'll know that his abilities are very generic, nothing really special. And I doubt Sakurai would make his moveset like Marth's, with non-cannon stuff, since Pac-Man has enough abilities to have a cannon moveset, but his abilities are generic, so he would most likely have a generic moveset. Maybe that's why people "throw around the word generic" when talking about his moveset potential. And what does it matter, since I think Pac-Man won't get in since there's better choices, rather than because of his moveset potential?

Very repetitive respond my friend, good to know you don't actually have a valid reason as to what would make pacman move set generic...

All of Pac-Man's abilities in his games are generic. Unless he had a non-cannon moveset, I would assume his moveset would be, you guessed it, generic. I wouldn't mind him not having a cannon moveset, if he got in.

See that's the thing you still aren't explaining why he'd be generic, you just keep repeating it, Hypothetically speaking i can say mewtwo would be a bad idea to return because based on what i think it'd be a bad idea and it would be you guesses it a bad idea over all... see how i still haven't given an actual valid reason i just keep repeating bad idea, your doing the same thing only you keep using generic as your reasoning.
I've also noticed that your going by assumption which really doesn't help your case if you have no facts supporting your assumption.

I explained why he would be generic. Do you just count how many times I say generic, and than think that since I said generic multiple times, I must not have had a valid reason? His abilities are generic, his moveset would most likely be based on his abilities, therefore, if his moveset was based on his abilities, it would be generic. If his moveset wasn't based on his abilities, than I wouldn't mind in the slightest. If you want me to explain what makes his abilities generic, than here: His first ability, "Butt Bounce", consists of him jumping, and landing on his butt. His second ability, "Rev Roll" consists of him running in place, and transforming into a ball. His third ability, "Pac-Dot Shoot" consists of him shooting a circle out of the palm of his hand. His fourth ability, "Flip Kick" consists of him flipping in the air, with his foot extended. His final ability, "Triple Butt Bounce" consists of him proceeding with the actions of "Butt Bounce" 3 times in a row. These all could easily have been thought of by anyone, and all fit the definition of generic, so it is therefore generic, would you like me to explain anything else that's completely obvious? I saved myself the trouble of explaining his other "abilities" such as "Swim" and "Punch".
---
It took me ten minutes to think of this sig.
#106ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:11:48 PM(edited)
Ezexus posted...
Gamer09e posted...
Ezexus posted...
Gamer09e posted...
Ezexus posted...

I explained why he would be generic. Do you just count how many times I say generic, and than think that since I said generic multiple times, I must not have had a valid reason? His abilities are generic, his moveset would most likely be based on his abilities, therefore, if his moveset was based on his abilities, it would be generic. If his moveset wasn't based on his abilities, than I wouldn't mind in the slightest. If you want me to explain what makes his abilities generic, than here: His first ability, "Butt Bounce", consists of him jumping, and landing on his butt. His second ability, "Rev Roll" consists of him running in place, and transforming into a ball. His third ability, "Pac-Dot Shoot" consists of him shooting a circle out of the palm of his hand. His fourth ability, "Flip Kick" consists of him flipping in the air, with his foot extended. His final ability, "Triple Butt Bounce" consists of him proceeding with the actions of "Butt Bounce" 3 times in a row. These all could easily have been thought of by anyone, and all fit the definition of generic, so it is therefore generic, would you like me to explain anything else that's completely obvious? I saved myself the trouble of explaining his other "abilities" such as "Swim" and "Punch".

Mario and Sonic's abilities are generic and they turned out fine. Same goes for Marth. It's not like any of this is an inhrent obstacle for Pac Man getting a decent moveset.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#107harvestmoonmikePosted 5/1/2013 8:18:47 PM
I actually liked this one... Glad you're still around, Gene.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/TfnNN.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/JSxGG.jpg
#108EzexusPosted 5/1/2013 8:27:31 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Ezexus posted...
Gamer09e posted...

Mario and Sonic's abilities are generic and they turned out fine. Same goes for Marth. It's not like any of this is an inhrent obstacle for Pac Man getting a decent moveset.

Mario had only one ability when SSB was made, and that was jumping, which was generic, but they made his attacks based on his power-ups. Sonic doesn't have very generic abilities, they seem to be quite well thought out. And Marth's moveset has nothing from his games in it, and his abilities aren't generic, just realistic. But if Pac-Man's moveset was cannon, it would probably be generic, besides that, I think he could easily have a good moveset, maybe if he gets in, his moveset would be a mix of cannon and non-cannon. But I think, from reasons I have provided, that his moveset, if he got in, would be generic, not at all a bad moveset, but just not unique.
---
#109ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:38:04 PM
Ezexus posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
Ezexus posted...
Gamer09e posted...

Mario had only one ability when SSB was made, and that was jumping, which was generic, but they made his attacks based on his power-ups. Sonic doesn't have very generic abilities, they seem to be quite well thought out. And Marth's moveset has nothing from his games in it, and his abilities aren't generic, just realistic. But if Pac-Man's moveset was cannon, it would probably be generic, besides that, I think he could easily have a good moveset, maybe if he gets in, his moveset would be a mix of cannon and non-cannon. But I think, from reasons I have provided, that his moveset, if he got in, would be generic, not at all a bad moveset, but just not unique.

Depends on the definition of unique. If we're talking abilities that no other character has, we'll have to throw out virtually every newcomer. There would be no problem distinguishing him from what is already in the roster, though. There's no way to know the character wouldn't be fun to play as without actually using the character in this game.

Sonic and Mario do nothing but running and jumping. That's just as generic as what Pac Man does. Marth's abilities are generic. All he does is swing a sword.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#110EzexusPosted 5/1/2013 8:59:35 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Ezexus posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
Ezexus posted...
Gamer09e posted...

Depends on the definition of unique. If we're talking abilities that no other character has, we'll have to throw out virtually every newcomer. There would be no problem distinguishing him from what is already in the roster, though. There's no way to know the character wouldn't be fun to play as without actually using the character in this game.

Sonic and Mario do nothing but running and jumping. That's just as generic as what Pac Man does. Marth's abilities are generic. All he does is swing a sword.

Mario does nothing but run and jump, but his power-ups provide other, unique abilities, and if you think that about Sonic, than I assume you haven't played any newer Sonic games. And using a sword in combat isn't exactly generic, it's just a realistic idea, you can't compare a realistic character with a yellow circle.
---