What do you think the chances are that Smash Bros. Wii U will have good online?

#1DarkKirby2500Posted 4/23/2013 4:35:29 PM
What do you think the chances are that Smash Bros. Wii U will have good online? - Results (57 votes)
Very likely. Nintendo has learned their lesson that online is important and will make sure it's good.
31.58% (18 votes)
Likely. I think Nintendo knows by now.
40.35% (23 votes)
Not sure.
21.05% (12 votes)
Unlikely. They still think emphasis should be on local play as a party game.
5.26% (3 votes)
Very unlikely. The online will be just as or nearly as terrible as Brawl & Nintendo will say games are about local play.
1.75% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Apparently Nintendo has Namco helping to work on the game, and the recent fighters Namco has released have had fantastic online (for fighters), not just in lack of lag, but match finding, ladders based on win rates, and lobby features like full chat while watching other people's matches.

A ladder with and without items would be nice, just give people the choice.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#2judgementaeonPosted 4/23/2013 4:36:17 PM
Yay first vote! lol
But yeah, I say likely.
---
WATCH. NOW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSdm0rE3nWU
Me, for people who didn't see it:http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh536/clenhardt27/meeee010.jpg
#3OssiTheGreatPosted 4/23/2013 4:36:57 PM
Yeah I think Brawl featured an experimental online multiplayer, and in this addition it will be much more worked through and refined. The first attempts are always clunky.
---
Sensei of the great art of Trolling
http://tinyurl.com/7485r83
#4EstheimasterPosted 4/23/2013 4:38:22 PM
IMO, their Kid Icarus and Mario Kart 7 online we're great, so I think their SSB for the 3DS won't disappoint. I don't know anything about the Wii U's multiplayer though.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#5DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 4:41:32 PM
OssiTheGreat posted...
Yeah I think Brawl featured an experimental online multiplayer, and in this addition it will be much more worked through and refined. The first attempts are always clunky.

Brawl was literally Nintendo's 1st attempt and test at online which was a massive failure. The Wii's lack of ability to patch games (likely in part as piracy prevention) and Nintendo never releasing a 2nd version of the game (which would have sold) to fix notable issues didn't help.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#6felicaPosted 4/23/2013 4:41:46 PM
The fact that Namco is helping should mean that online doesn't get overlooked.
---
Patiently waiting for Last of Us,Stick Of Truth-UMvC3 team Spencer/Dorm/Sentinel XBL-Phillyrider8072 Black 2 FC-1034 9297 3420
#7gamedude2009Posted 4/23/2013 4:50:19 PM
Considering that recent Nintendo online games have been better, Nintendo/Sakurai has a lot of feedback, Wii U and 3DS are capable of patches, and they've got Namco helping out, I'd say that it is really likely that it will have at least good online, even if it has a rocky start or something.
---
Toad, Little Mac, Ridley, Mallo, Master Hand for SSB. +Vectorman
I'm a nice guy, just don't use your stupidity as a weapon, or I will counter with my Bolo Gun.
#8DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 4:52:40 PM
Estheimaster posted...
IMO, their Kid Icarus and Mario Kart 7 online we're great, so I think their SSB for the 3DS won't disappoint. I don't know anything about the Wii U's multiplayer though.

Kid Icarus's problem was the forcing of touch screen controls when the nature of the game would obviously benefit from a 2nd circle pad which Nintendo doesn't want people to want. They have gone out of their way to discourage people from getting the Circle Pad Pro, even making it hard to buy.

Sakurai said giving people multiple control options would be unfair, which is a bull crap excuse, as even for Brawl benefits from a GameCube controller which the Wii does not normally come with, and is not sold in normal stores anymore, so you have to go out of your way to get one or play on a Wii mote and be handicapped.

Mario Kart 7's online was pretty good, for a racer. It suffered from a different problem. When the glitch was discovered that allowed people to bypass a large portion of the track if they had a mushroom early on, causing everyone to keep selecting that same track over and over which broke online, Nintendo refused to patch it. They instead made up the excuse that it would be unfair to patch it because some people used that glitch to get good times in time trial. Some 7 months later, a patch was finally released.

A few E3's ago Nintendo had promised better online and support for games after release which they are still not great with. It would be nice to know if something like completely broken online or Meta Knight happened again, they would actually do something about it.
---
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#9EstheimasterPosted 4/23/2013 5:28:53 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Estheimaster posted...

Kid Icarus's problem was the forcing of touch screen controls when the nature of the game would obviously benefit from a 2nd circle pad which Nintendo doesn't want people to want. They have gone out of their way to discourage people from getting the Circle Pad Pro, even making it hard to buy.

Sakurai said giving people multiple control options would be unfair, which is a bull crap excuse, as even for Brawl benefits from a GameCube controller which the Wii does not normally come with, and is not sold in normal stores anymore, so you have to go out of your way to get one or play on a Wii mote and be handicapped.

Mario Kart 7's online was pretty good, for a racer. It suffered from a different problem. When the glitch was discovered that allowed people to bypass a large portion of the track if they had a mushroom early on, causing everyone to keep selecting that same track over and over which broke online, Nintendo refused to patch it. They instead made up the excuse that it would be unfair to patch it because some people used that glitch to get good times in time trial. Some 7 months later, a patch was finally released.

A few E3's ago Nintendo had promised better online and support for games after release which they are still not great with. It would be nice to know if something like completely broken online or Meta Knight happened again, they would actually do something about it.

Your facts are a little off...

First, the Circle Pad (or lack thereof) was a problem with KI:U's gameplay, not online. The game plays fine without it and it doesn't affect online play much.

When did Sakurai ever say that? He said that it would be playable with all Wii U compatible controllers, but never singled out the 3DS. Anyway, how would a Smash Bros game use the Circle Pad anyway? We've only ever used one joystick (is that the right term?) in the series.

And yeah, Mario Kart had a single course that was glitched to a fault, but it wasn't gamebreaking. There were plenty of other courses, and if you couldn't beat the glitch abusers, join them. It's like Pokemon players who use EV Training. If you're tired of battling better Pokémon, train yours to be better or deal with it. The Pokemon series hasn't lost many fans because of this. Anywho, they fixed it after what you say was 7 months, so do you expect for people to stop playing Smash Bros after 7 months because of a single glitch?
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#10DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 6:02:26 PM
Estheimaster posted...

Your facts are a little off...

First, the Circle Pad (or lack thereof) was a problem with KI:U's gameplay, not online. The game plays fine without it and it doesn't affect online play much.

When did Sakurai ever say that? He said that it would be playable with all Wii U compatible controllers, but never singled out the 3DS. Anyway, how would a Smash Bros game use the Circle Pad anyway? We've only ever used one joystick (is that the right term?) in the series.

And yeah, Mario Kart had a single course that was glitched to a fault, but it wasn't gamebreaking. There were plenty of other courses, and if you couldn't beat the glitch abusers, join them. It's like Pokemon players who use EV Training. If you're tired of battling better Pokémon, train yours to be better or deal with it. The Pokemon series hasn't lost many fans because of this. Anywho, they fixed it after what you say was 7 months, so do you expect for people to stop playing Smash Bros after 7 months because of a single glitch?

http://tinyurl.com/bspfblx
http://tinyurl.com/bv2pq6a
Sakurai making the excuses I said he made.

If you played Mario Kart 7 online, everyone was selecting that 1 course. Unless you think playing that same course 9/10 times was a blast, you stopped playing. And the issue here was Nintendo's lack of claimed support for something that would be easy to fix, but they just didn't, and even went as far as to make excuses as to why they would never fix it.
---
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>