How about six reps for Pokemon -- One for each gen?

#1AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 4/23/2013 4:54:33 PM
PIkachu -- 1st gen, and the mascot of Pokemon

Johto Pokemon Trainer -- I can't think of a single Johto Pokemon that rose above the rest in popularity of in regularity or use in merchandising. Well, other than Togepi or Marril.

Blaziken -- Seemed to be the most popular of the 3rd Gen starters, and also would have a more nimble fighter-ish playstyle than most Pokemon. Perhaps Deoxys would also work.

Lucario, Darkrai, or Arcuess -- Lucario was used heavily in promotion and has been in Brawl. Darkrai has a certain mystique than no other Pokemon design has and it would be interested to play as an evil ghost. Arcues was the God of Pokemon, which might make him too strong to be a playable character.

Zoroark -- Heavily marketed, and has great moveset potential with it's illusion abilities. Genesect would also be a decent choice but would probably play like Bowser with a canon strapped to it's back.

Mewtwo/Newtwo, or other 6th Gen rep -- Mewtwo gets bonus points for doubling as a gen I pokemon. But they might have something else they want to symbolize Gen 6 up their sleeves.
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#2StreetPasWantrPosted 4/23/2013 5:04:32 PM
I like to continue maining Jigglypuff thanks.
---
NutOfDeath is my slave.
Nintendo E3 2013 Countdown: http://tinyurl.com/NintyE32013
#3victinivcreate1Posted 4/23/2013 5:06:24 PM
Zoroark was HATED. Replace Ark with Genesect.
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and DLC for SSB4
#4COlimar788Posted 4/23/2013 5:12:14 PM
Pikachu / Togepi / Deoxys / Lucario / Victini / Gen VI mascot

I'd be down
---
There will never be a game as horribly disappointing as Other M
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#5AirBorneCoffeeT(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 5:15:52 PM
The ol' Jiggster does present something of a problem. He's been in all of the series so far, but he's long past irrelevent outside of Smash. Considering there's going to be 700+ Pokemon later this fall there's going to be 690+ Pokemon that don't make it in as playable characters. I think the "one rep per gen" would be the fairest route to go. Besides that, with the series approaching roster bloat, we're goin to have to cut some characters if we want new characters.

Jigglypuff could still appear in the game as a boss in story mode, or perhaps even the final boss -- turns out it's so PO'd at not being a playable character ir orchestrates the entire evil plot. Heck, it could even cos-play as MetaKnight and try to frame him as the real villian, but in the last battle the mask falls off to reveal Jiggs. : )
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#6Cell JuniorPosted 4/23/2013 10:16:45 PM
No. I just want Brawl's Pokemon back plus Mewtwo and Pichu.
---
The Official Lip of the Smash Bros. Wii U Board; Smash Bros. needs more puzzle reps and cute: Lip and Toad for Smash 4
#7domranguayPosted 4/23/2013 11:18:18 PM
I'd be fine with Brawl's Pokemon + PICHU and MEWTWO but if I had to rep each gen with 1 slot

JIGGLYPUFF
PICHU
DEOXYS or PT with MUDKIP/GROVYLE/BLAZIKEN
LUCARIO
Genesect, Victini or PT
MEWTWO with it's new forme
#8liveman789Posted 4/23/2013 11:19:15 PM
Does Mewtwo's new form even count as 6th Gen?
#9Someguy_13Posted 4/23/2013 11:21:21 PM
liveman789 posted...

Yep.

Brawl's roster plus Newtwo with an altered version of Mewtwo's moveset (altered so it fits Newtwo's body shape) would pretty much be the ideal reps for Pokemon.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#10DasDavidPosted 4/23/2013 11:21:54 PM
liveman789 posted...

I don't see how it can't. I know people vary on the matter but honestly the way I see it if it's introduced that gen then it's pretty obviously that gen. Can't go back and acquire it in an older generation game just because it's a form of one that existed before.
---
Final SSB4 prediction/wishlist before E3 2013
http://imgur.com/2a4A1An