How about six reps for Pokemon -- One for each gen?

#11liveman789Posted 4/23/2013 11:25:00 PM
Someguy_13 posted...
liveman789 posted...
Does Mewtwo's new form even count as 6th Gen?

Yep.

Brawl's roster plus Newtwo with an altered version of Mewtwo's moveset (altered so it fits Newtwo's body shape) would pretty much be the ideal reps for Pokemon.

Is it though? First of all, it's premiering in a film that still revolves around 5th gen. It's not Like each of Deoxys' forms count as separate Pokemon, either.

I wouldn't mind Mewtwo/Newtwo at all, I just don't see it as a 6th Gen rep as long as Newtwo isn't an evolution.
#12iKhanicPosted 4/24/2013 12:43:02 AM
The roster should either be represented this way (though replacing the pokemon trainer with an actual pokemon), with all Gen 1 pokemon, or with all but 1 Gen 1 pokemon with a single newer gen pokemon.

Why? That's the best way to represent a series that is best known by it's first generation.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#13Someguy_13Posted 4/24/2013 1:16:34 AM(edited)
liveman789 posted...
Someguy_13 posted...
liveman789 posted...

Yep.

Brawl's roster plus Newtwo with an altered version of Mewtwo's moveset (altered so it fits Newtwo's body shape) would pretty much be the ideal reps for Pokemon.

Is it though? First of all, it's premiering in a film that still revolves around 5th gen. It's not Like each of Deoxys' forms count as separate Pokemon, either.

I wouldn't mind Mewtwo/Newtwo at all, I just don't see it as a 6th Gen rep as long as Newtwo isn't an evolution.

It's a Pokemon, or Pokemon form, that you can only use in the 6th gen games.

It's 6th gen.

Because it's Mewtwo, you could argue that it's not a 6th gen Pokemon.
But I would argue back, that it would still rep the 6th gen in Smash.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#14DasDavidPosted 4/24/2013 2:07:56 AM
iKhanic posted...
The roster should either be represented this way (though replacing the pokemon trainer with an actual pokemon), with all Gen 1 pokemon, or with all but 1 Gen 1 pokemon with a single newer gen pokemon.

Why? That's the best way to represent a series that is best known by it's first generation.

Well I don't live in Japan, but judging by how utterly bat-s*** they still go over all things Pokemon, I'd argue that that whole being best known by gen 1 thing is a distinctly um... not, Japanese thing.

Pokemon is still massively popular, with gen 1 not seemingly holding any sort of special place in their minds, so considering that's where the game is made, I don't see why it matters if most Americans (and westerners in general) stopped their Pokefanning after the first generation.
---
Final SSB4 prediction/wishlist before E3 2013
http://imgur.com/2a4A1An
#15alpha-apePosted 4/24/2013 2:19:30 AM
Nah, the Puff is my main and I want him back
---
Official Jigglypuff of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U boards
#168-bitMegamanPosted 4/24/2013 3:19:04 AM
liveman789 posted...

Technically Game Freak themselves treat him as such and call him a "New Pokemon!" despite being a form of Mewtwo. Mewtwo is first generation, but his new form is 6 generation for being new.
---
Across the highest mountains, into the endless seas, our journey ever onwards fight until we all be free
#17Blazekicker27Posted 4/24/2013 3:38:01 AM
I would've preferred this to happen in the first place, but now that PT's in I don't wanna lose him :(
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#18AnnoyingCornGuyPosted 4/24/2013 5:39:32 AM
No.

Pokemon has six reps in Brawl, and it's already more than I care for. I'm well aware that Pokemon is one of THE biggest Nintendo franchises. But I don't want that much space taken by them. Mario has six reps if you count the two spinoffs. And even that seems excessive to me, but I'm not about to argue that they don't deserve that space.

But Pokemon doesn't need that many. I don't think so anyways.
#19papermegaslimePosted 4/24/2013 7:29:19 AM
I think we can rep the other generations through alt costumes, mainly Pikachu's. Pichu, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga.
---
Clefairy is best Pokemon and should be an alt costume for Jiggs
#20Faceman_Posted 4/24/2013 9:18:47 AM
If it means Jigglypuff is gone and Pikachu is replaced with Mewtwo I couldn't care less about the rest of the terrible Pokemon following Gen II.