My idea of using Miis in the game as playable characters

#1Arcanine2009Posted 4/23/2013 10:59:21 PM(edited)
Miis can essentially be THE customizable characters we've always wanted, but obviously limited to an extent for balancing purposes. Right now I'm immediately thinking of how Miis were used in the two recent mario kart games, and I was thinking of this...

-Based on height and weight of the Mii, the Mii's can borrow special attacks, movement speed, and knockback based on class(light,medium, and large), like the mario kart games.

1. If a medium sized Mii was chosen, players can customize their 4 special attacks by mixing and matching 4 borrowed special attacks from any of the medium weight characters from the entire roster that are unlocked. Lucario's aura sphere, mario's jump attack, yoshi's egg roll, and uhh Marth's counter for example.

2. Weight and height doesn't have to be customized to particuarly resemble one character. It can be an predetermined universal average/set value by within/all medium size characters. Medium weight can be medium knockback and movement speed. Light weight can be high knockback, but higher movement speed, etc.

3. normal attacks don't have to be complicated. They can be generic and average and unique only to Mii's (though we can give variations for each weight//size class)

4. Weight class could be further customized. Tallest skinny Mii's can be put in the medium class. Shortest large mii's can be put in the medium class. Medium large Mii's can be in the heavy class.

5 Final Smash could be determined like point #1. Or perhaps some further customization..

4. I don't know about air speed, throwing ability, roll distance. etc though, as its pretty unique for each normal smash character from an original series. They can be universally predetermined for each weight class, or perhaps players can be given a set amount attribute blocks to be used to fill up.
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#2liveman789Posted 4/23/2013 11:00:39 PM
Miis have been in enough games that they have the potential for their own unique special attacks. None of that customization crap.
#3taoxadasaPosted 4/23/2013 11:01:41 PM
liveman789 posted...
Miis have been in enough games that they have the potential for their own unique special attacks. None of that customization crap.

---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#4bestssbbfanPosted 4/23/2013 11:04:41 PM
taoxadasa posted...
liveman789 posted...

---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#5Arcanine2009(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 11:07:04 PM(edited)
liveman789 posted...

Yet they've all been borrowing predetermined attributes based on weight class.

Having their own unique special attacks can be balance breaking if it becomes too customizable and not restricted enough.
---
#6liveman789Posted 4/23/2013 11:10:47 PM
Arcanine2009 posted...
liveman789 posted...

Having their own unique special attacks can be balance breaking if it becomes too customizable and not restricted enough.

That sounds like you're arguing FOR me and against your original post.

They can have their own special moves based off of the WIi Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, and Nintendo Land series.
#7Someguy_13Posted 4/23/2013 11:19:30 PM
Arcanine2009 posted...
Miis can essentially be THE customizable characters we've always wanted

Speak for yourself.

A customizable character defeats the purpose of Smash Bros.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#8Arcanine2009(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 11:22:36 PM
liveman789 posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
liveman789 posted...

They can have their own special moves based off of the WIi Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, and Nintendo Land series.

By customizable, I'm not saying having their own unique special attacks, but borrowed from preexisting smash characters. That was my argument.
---
#9liveman789Posted 4/23/2013 11:26:24 PM
Arcanine2009 posted...
liveman789 posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
liveman789 posted...

By customizable, I'm not saying having their own unique special attacks, but borrowed from preexisting smash characters. That was my argument.

But then they could use the most high tiered special moves of one weight class and put them onto one character. That's like supporting clones and unbalanced gameplay at the same time.
#10Arcanine2009(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 11:30:45 PM
liveman789 posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
liveman789 posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
liveman789 posted...

But then they could use the most high tiered special moves of one weight class and put them onto one character. That's like supporting clones and unbalanced gameplay at the same time.

Special moves don't make the character unbalanced. You have to put into account every other stat as well, including regular attacks. There's always ways to check balancing and restrict, before game is released.

I actually forgot to mention that they could restrict one special move per character in their weight class.
---