This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Moar minigames

#1SmallerRidleyPosted 4/25/2013 3:51:39 PM
That includes ones that (1) use the same gameplay but in a different way, like volleyball and Race to the Finish, as well as (2) completely different ones, like a Gradius clone or simple kart racing.

Also, there need to be some (3) hybrid modes where you play a minigame like (1) or (2) to get to a fight using normal gameplay, like a Colosso mode or a Turn Based Strategy mode.

And along the same lines, (4) more regular game modes that are more than "get more kills and die less", like Bonus battle and Coin battle.

Thoughts on 1, 2, 3, and/or 4?
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#2SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 6:44:59 PM
bamp
---
#3usaamahlinkPosted 4/25/2013 6:51:18 PM
I agree to 4 in some sense. It would be nice having more control over win criteria.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#4Doug314Posted 4/26/2013 1:12:41 AM
I agree and we really need something more like bonus matches. They were really interesting in melee in that you got to play strangely sometimes which was a lot of fun. We could have competitive taunt parties since a bunch of poser poseurs was another way to rack up points lol. But that almost never happened much. I liked it when people tried to get heavy damage, magnified finish, parasol finish, etc., that they totally wouldn't have done if it weren't a bonus match.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#5SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 2:10:54 PM
bamp
---
#6SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 9:57:21 AM
bimp
---
#7liveman789Posted 4/27/2013 12:21:59 PM
The OP is oddly structured, which is probably why people aren't posting. BUT, I definitely wouldn't mind any new mini-games, similar to these, that add to the diversity of the game.
#8bestssbbfanPosted 4/27/2013 12:32:19 PM
Things like Target Test, BTP, Coin and bonus matches are fun to do every once in a while. Ive always like those utterly casual minigames/rounds in between more serious battles.
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#9SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 1:30:14 PM
The OP is oddly structured, which is probably why people aren't posting..

Not really. There are only 4 possible choices, and they're in order and labeled. How is it odd?
---
#10liveman789Posted 4/27/2013 1:37:34 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
The OP is oddly structured, which is probably why people aren't posting..

Not really. There are only 4 possible choices, and they're in order and labeled. How is it odd?

It just might have been easier to grasp if it were an actual list. I understood it just fine when I read it, but it looked confusing at first glance. I just thought that's why people weren't posting. They saw the post and didn't bother reading it because they were intimidated by the scattered numbers.

Or it's just that they only want to talk about rosters.

Or it's just a slow board day so I'm being unnecessarily nit-picky about pointless things for the sake of having something to say.