This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How the developers could handle the pokemon and zelda mascots,

#1Arcanine2009Posted 4/25/2013 7:26:47 PM(edited)
It's really not that hard. A lot of people are worried that the developers won't give too many mascots for a particular series(especially Pokemon) for Wii U, but people are forgetting that there's gonna be a 3DS and a Wii U version of smash bros. This means they can distribute and make some mascots exclusive to each version, while keeping the overall count for each game reasonable. Overall the majority of characters should be available for both games, IMO.

Here is an idea I wouldn't mind:

Wii U version

LOZ SERIES:
Skyward Sword Link. Perhaps TP link as an unlockable costume or vice versa?
Toon Link <--I'd personally like Majora's Mask link with 3 different masks.. Not likely tho.
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Girhiam?

POKEMON SERIES:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Mewtwo's original form only, or mewtwo's awakened form as a final smash.

Vs

3DS version

LOZ SERIES:
ALTTP Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Toon Ganondorf?

POKEMON SERIES:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Team Rocket or N with 3 pokemon
Mewtwo's second form or another gen 6 pokemon
Insert another Gen 6 pokemon
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#2EstheimasterPosted 4/25/2013 7:02:42 PM
Arcanine2009 posted...
It's really not that hard. A lot of people are worried that the developers won't give too many mascots(especially Pokemon) for Wii U, but you guys are forgetting that there's gonna be a 3DS and a Wii U version of smash bros, so they can distribute and make some mascots exclusive to each version, while keeping the overall count for each game reasonable. Overall the majority of characters should be available for both games, IMO.

Wii U version

LOZ SERIES:
Toon Link <--I'd personally like Majora's Mask link with 3 different masks.. Not likely tho.
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Girhiam?

POKEMON SERIES:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

Vs

3DS version

LOZ SERIES:
ALTTP Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Toon Ganondorf?

POKEMON SERIES:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff

I don't think Zelda will do the toon vs. not toon, but it's Pokemon I'm more concerned about.

The way you have it now, the Wii U gets 1 newcomer while the 3DS gets 5 (3 Pokemon + Mewtwo + Gen VI). It's an interesting idea that should probably be rearranged better, but it does solve a slight problem with representation. While I don't believe each system will have a different roster, your idea for the Pokemon does sound alright.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#3DasDavidPosted 4/25/2013 7:04:14 PM
Maybe it's not that hard, but it's not that good either.

Making two different rosters would rustle more than just a few jimmies.
---
Final SSB4 prediction/wishlist before E3 2013
http://imgur.com/2a4A1An
#4Arcanine2009(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 7:32:22 PM
Estheimaster posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
It's really not that hard. A lot of people are worried that the developers won't give too many mascots(especially Pokemon) for Wii U, but you guys are forgetting that there's gonna be a 3DS and a Wii U version of smash bros, so they can distribute and make some mascots exclusive to each version, while keeping the overall count for each game reasonable. Overall the majority of characters should be available for both games, IMO.

Wii U version

LOZ SERIES:
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Girhiam?

POKEMON SERIES:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

Vs

3DS version

LOZ SERIES:
ALTTP Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Toon Ganondorf?

POKEMON SERIES:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff

I don't think Zelda will do the toon vs. not toon, but it's Pokemon I'm more concerned about.

The way you have it now, the Wii U gets 1 newcomer while the 3DS gets 5 (3 Pokemon + Mewtwo + Gen VI). It's an interesting idea that should probably be rearranged better, but it does solve a slight problem with representation. While I don't believe each system will have a different roster, your idea for the Pokemon does sound alright.

Considering that Toon Link has been least in 2 LoZ games in the DS handheld, and 2 on the gamecube,1 wii via brawl, and upcoming Windwaker HD remake on Wii U, I think its likely toon link will be on both versions in some form.. Who knows.

They could also have OoT Link to replace Skyward Sword link, and replace toon link with LTTP link on 3DS version. Pretty interesting that L2TP Link in the latest 3DS version has the same voice actor as toon link.
---
#5AnnoyingCornGuyPosted 4/25/2013 7:38:22 PM
It's not a horrible idea, but I feel like if they did that they could also just do alternate costumes for both versions instead. I don't think the models would be too hard to edit and port over to both versions.
#6Arcanine2009(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 7:49:07 PM
Costumes are a neat idea. Choosing between TP Link and Skyward Link sounds pretty awesome. TP link should be DLC imo.. Though then again, Skyward Link could have its own unique movesets.
---