This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

***Official Smash Bros Wii U Pre-Reveal Roster Prediction Contest***

#1liveman789Posted 4/25/2013 11:37:29 PM
Welcome! Today is Friday April 26, 2013. E3 is just about a month and a half away! Why is that event special? Because that will likely be the first time we see Smash Bros Wii U (though, it might be possible we see it sooner via Nintendo Direct, given the recent Nintendo E3 news). With the reveal, it's also very likely that we'll see some new characters!

That said, I thought it'd be interesting to have a roster betting game where we set our bets before we know absolutely anything about the roster. There was a guy here that claimed to have guessed Brawl's roster 100% correctly, but I called total horse s*** because he couldn't back up his claim. With this game, though, you have a chance of guessing the roster 100% correctly, without even knowing anything at all, and backing up your claim!

So, here's what will happen: You'll post your rosters here, and as more and more characters are revealed, players will be eliminated if it contradicts their submission. Once the final roster is revealed, however long that is from now, I'll pull this topic back up from it's grave and see if anyone had predicted 100% correctly. If no one predicts it 100% correctly, it'll go to whoever was the closest. The prize would be bragging rights, with proof of your claim, and perhaps a nice little notice you can include on your sig.

So, here are the rules:

1. You can submit your roster 2 different ways: by posting a picture of the roster, or by listing ONLY the newcomers (Melee cuts count as newcomers in this case) and the cuts. We don't need this topic to turn into a scrolling journey.

2. You may include anyone you want on the roster, and as many as you want. This is your own personal prediction of what the roster will turn out to be. Every newcomer MUST be a specific character, with the exception of "6th Generation Pokemon."

3. You may list reasons as to why you made the choices you made.

4. Once the game is revealed, submissions will no longer be accepted.

5. You can only post your roster prediction once. If you change your mind later on, it's too late. Think hard about your decision.

So there you have it! If you'd like a chance at bragging rights, post a roster!
#2liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 12:00:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8YeCAdj.jpg

NEWCOMERS:

Bowser Jr.
King K. Rool
Mewtwo
Ghirahim

Highest requested characters from their respective series.

Genesect

Representation of Generation 5. Featured Pokemon along with Mewtwo in the latest Pokemon movie.

Chrom

Main protagonist of the most recent Fire Emblem game.

Little Mac
Isaac

Two characters with very high demand, both from series which have yet to have a playable character.

Takamaru
Mike Jones

Sakurai has stated that he wants to bring back more of Nintendo's old characters. One Western retro character, and one Eastern retro character.

Mii

The stars of many different Nintendo series.

Mega Man

Highest requested 3rd party character.

Pac-man

Most popular character of the codeveloping company of the game. Video game icon.

CUTS

Pokemon Trainer

The character takes 3 times the amount of effort to make than other characters. If it weren't for him, we'd probably have a couple more characters in Brawl.

Lucas

I had to cut one more to get my even 45, and it came down to either Ness or Lucas. People seem to love Ness more, and Earthbound's relevancy got a bit higher when it was announced for Virtual Console.

Snake

I don't care what you say, you have no way of knowing that Snake has equal priority to Sonic. Metal Gear has been nearly non existent on Nintendo consoles for years. Sonic has various Nintendo exclusives, included a crossover series with Mario. Snake was a favor to a friend of Sakuari, and that friend would/should be grateful that Snake got into one Smash Bros game.

Why no Ridley?
I do think he's got a bigger shot than he's had in the past, due to the smaller pool of potential newcomers. My gut just tells me that Sakurai really has his mind set on keeping Ridley as is, as he has acknowledged the existence of the complications of making Ridley playable.

Why no Palutena?
I think she's extremely overrated. People consider her a shoo-in just because Sakurai made a game that she happened to be in. It took him 2 games to include additional Kirby characters. He's stated that he doesn't want to seem biased. And, like Toad, she's already part of a moveset. Yeah, it can be changed and replaced, but that's still a slight hazard in the way of her getting in. I think she's got a good shot, but not as high as people make it out to be.

Why no Shulk?
Brand new character of a brand new series. He should have a bit more of a resume before he gets priority over others. But, like Palutena, I still think he's got a pretty good shot.
#3Limelight788Posted 4/26/2013 12:02:31 AM(edited)
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/Limelight788/Prediction2_Roster.png

Not changing this. I also have a Nintendo-only roster in the case that only Nintendo characters are added, but I feel that it's worth taking a risk on third-parties since I do lean towards us getting them + a new addition.

I will explain my additions later.
---
Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Check out this thread at Smashboards that I'm the leader of:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-mega-man-for-ssb4-thread-the-most-wanted-newcomer.324266/
#4dehsooPosted 4/26/2013 12:38:38 AM
Cloud and Sora are in.

You can screen cap this.
#5Doug314Posted 4/26/2013 12:46:24 AM
Brawl's roster
-Lucario, Sonic, and Snake
+Palutena, Medusa, MyUnit, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, Mewtwo (with new form), Isaac, Takamaru, Shulk, Little Mac, King K. Rool, and Ridley

Think about the days of SSB7 or so. We shouldn't have the exact same 3rd party selection every single time. With that mindset, it's probably best to just start cycling them in and out now. Also, look at how many awesome newcomers we can have with a few cuts. This isn't even 50 characters after transformations, even with Mewtwo having one. Also people massively underrate Medusa just because she's from the same series as Palutena, which isn't given nearly as much weight as most of you give it. MyUnit will be a great addition with the customizability of the 3DS game where you can customize the character significantly. Megaman is the most wanted 3rd party character and Lloyd is is just an easy to implement and simple transition into the game. Mewtwo seems like a given to me, since it gets so much out of a Pokemon spot. Isaac would be a very unique and awesome and fun character with his psynergy. Takamaru gets us a badly needed old character which Sakurai wants to bring back more of. Little Mac doesn't need much explanation, and I don't think K. Rool, Ridley, or Palutena do, either.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#6alpha-apePosted 4/26/2013 2:06:20 AM
http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/Alpha-ape/media/RealisticSSBURoster_zpsc9474e0b.png.html?sort=3&o=2

I predict this.
---
Official Jigglypuff of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U boards
#7Pikachutwo2Posted 4/26/2013 8:51:51 AM
- Snake
- Jigglypuff
+ Bowser Jr.
+ King K. Rool
+ Ridley
+ Palutena
+ Isaac
+ Takamaru
+ New Mewtwo form
+ Female Pokemon Trainer (Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken)
+ Mii
+ Starfy
+ Little Mac
+ Pac-Man
+ Black Mage
#8UberPyro64Posted 4/26/2013 9:01:36 AM
Using My sig roster as prediction.

Also I highly disagree with you on Snake. You have no proof that he isn't equal.

They are both third parties and thus both have equal chances just like any other fighting game regardless of the content on the system. Both are 50%.

Simple as that really. Either both will return, or both will get cut.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img802/5691/april20132roster.png
#9SalsaSavantPosted 4/26/2013 9:07:57 AM
Note that "Mewtwo" in this case covers both Mewtwo AND Newtwo. This includes if one of them is in, both of them are in, or there is a transformation.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ve6qly&s=5
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.
#10victinivcreate1Posted 4/26/2013 9:48:39 AM
Brawls Roster minus Lucas

Newcomers
Chrom
King K. Rool
Ridley
Mewtwo/Newtwo
Genesect
Palutena
Shulk
Little Mac
Megaman
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and DLC for SSB4