***Official Smash Bros Wii U Pre-Reveal Roster Prediction Contest***
Also I highly disagree with you on Snake. You have no proof that he isn't equal.
Haha, I knew you were going to say something about that. But, you also have no proof that they are equal. What it comes down to is our own opinion.
50 characters, not including clones. Has a few surprises, just because I don't expect the roster to be predictable. I'm also sure we'll have a couple last minute clones like last time as well.
Not expecting this to be accurate at all, but it was my best guess.
my 2 mains? Lucas and Charizard? Nooooooooo!!
Ray MK II, Little Mac, Banjo-Kazooie, Simon Belmont, Snake, Sonic, Crono, Sora, Travis Touchdown, Bayonetta, MM Link, King K Rool, Saki, & Issac for SSB4
I personally hope not, as I enjoy playing as both of them as well.
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
- I personally would expect either no more DK reps, and its more likely to be another Kong if there is one, but I miss K. Rool...
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised this game.
King K. Rool is an extremely popular choice for the next game, ranking among the Top 5 most wanted characters. He's also very important to the Donkey Kong franchise overall and the villain people most associate with when they think of one (he's also the most memorable character next to DK and Diddy). Not to mention that he's among the most wanted Nintendo newcomers in Japan, so he has the advantage of internationally high demands, a feat that few newcomers accomplish: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/roster-discussion-thread-closed.324219/page-75#post-15085409
While the result is to be taken with a grain of salt (since Snakey is not able to spend an infinity amount of time on the Internet due to real life reasons), it is the best we've got and a decent indicator of what's popular in Japan and what's not. The only main difference noted from Snakey is that popularity for Zoroark has decreased significantly ever since then.
Plus I wouldn't worry about recentness, especially not for franchises with recurring characters.
Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Check out this thread at Smashboards that I'm the leader of:
I'm just gonna do a list of only newcomers and cuts.
keep in mind this list isn't a dream roster just my expectations of what i think is realistic
cuts:pokemon trainer,jigglypuff,ike,lucario toon link,and ganondorf
gen 6 pokemon trainer (froakie,chespin's first evolved form and fennekin's final evolution)
Toad&Toadette(ice climbers like team)
Alttp 2 link(who will be probally be called young link but have a new moveset and appearence)
Zoroark (because a pokemon known as pokemon z makes sense arround pokemon from x&y)
link and zelda will be replaced with there ss models
ganondorf is replaced by demise.
(again going for realism not what i want)
Little mac will be playable
Jigglypuff is replaced with clefairy(because my theory is if sakurai is gonna cut jiggs he's gonna replace jiggs with a cute pink pokemon that can sing)
Surprise reveals dunsprace (because sakurai my theory is sakurai will have a new joke character and he picks dunsparce because of his recent pmd appearence) and sakurai's cat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzwlOTUXzEM my favorite mario games http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
Ok, I guess I give my roster.
Notes: They were cut because of more recent characters.
Mewtwo (his new form)
Notes on choices:
1. Paper Mario and Palutena was chosen because they are cool characters and I love their games.
2. K.Rool and Ridley were popular so they get a place.
3. Fire Emblem characters are always hard to pick for a roster because there are dozens of Fire Emblem characters to choice from. When I made rosters before people seemed to want three fire emblem characters. So I picked Marth, Chrom, and Lucina as the best combination I prefered.
4. Mewtwo I always wanted back. The new form made him possible and a Gen 6 Pokemon Representative at the same time.
5. The other new series choices were made because Smash has expanded most of the series to the max, so cult following franchises were a big part of my roster.
6. Megaman and Pac Man were guesses of two third party characters. Megaman being popular roster choice, and Pac Man because of Namco co-development.
Also how will TC judge something like Olimar being replaced by the Pikmin 3 leader, or different Links because those are kinda hard to predict.