How do you guys feel about Dillon being in this game?

#11DIGIRULEPosted 5/5/2013 8:02:34 AM
I would feel pretty crappy if they think that Dillon deserves a spot over the hundred other Nintendo characters that are WAY more worthy.

Points Against:
-His games are download only
-Low sales in comparison to physical games
-Most people haven't played his games
-Extremely niche
-First game was received okay, second game had quite negative reviews

Points For:
-He looks cool?... I guess?
---
Lemon
#12Chomper4Posted 5/5/2013 8:03:59 AM
DIGIRULE posted...
I would feel pretty crappy if they think that Dillon deserves a spot over the hundred other Nintendo characters that are WAY more worthy.

Points Against:
-His games are download only
-Low sales in comparison to physical games
-Most people haven't played his games
-Extremely niche
-First game was received okay, second game had quite negative reviews

Points For:
-He looks cool?... I guess?

The reviews for the sequel were more positive than negative.
#13MelkazarPosted 5/5/2013 8:47:29 AM
No point in talking about odds, but wouldn't Dillon's moveset be extremely similar to Sonic's? I can't be certain on this, I've only played the first stage of Rolling Western, but doesn't his main and only method of attack involve rolling into his enemies?

I suppose a canon moveset basis isn't really important for characters (Captain Falcon), but he'd need something to set him apart from Sonic. If they can make his moveset unique and fit his character, his inclusion would definitely spice the roster up. We don't really have a cowboy/western theme game represented yet.
---
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
#14Chomper4Posted 5/5/2013 9:08:44 AM
Melkazar posted...
No point in talking about odds, but wouldn't Dillon's moveset be extremely similar to Sonic's? I can't be certain on this, I've only played the first stage of Rolling Western, but doesn't his main and only method of attack involve rolling into his enemies?

I suppose a canon moveset basis isn't really important for characters (Captain Falcon), but he'd need something to set him apart from Sonic. If they can make his moveset unique and fit his character, his inclusion would definitely spice the roster up. We don't really have a cowboy/western theme game represented yet.

That's right, Dillon will be the first of that natural for the new Smash Bros.