This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you feel if the FE characters are Marth Ike and Roy?

#11usaamahlinkPosted 4/27/2013 10:59:32 AM
Limelight788 posted...
usaamahlink posted...
It would feel like we are stuck in the past. It wouldnt be too bad gameplay wise, but Awakening would be misrepresented badly (by an empty non-existant roster spot) and that would just be a shame.

There are other ways they can represent Awakening by means other than adding a character to the roster. Stages, music, Assist Trophies, etc.

Chrom isn't a bad addition, but he does not need to be in the next game as playable to properly represent Awakening.

Agreed, it is not necessary but Awakening had had by far the largest mainstream appeal from any Fire Emblem game to date. He being a 'regular' sword user makes Marth somewhat potentially expendable. In not saying I advocate Marth being completely replaced by Chrom, but it is a distinct possibility. I would prefer Marth, Ike being toned down a bit, and Chrom with a very different and distinct move set (they would have to get creative). Roy could come back but it would mean he would have to be given another nice set, or he could be somewhat like Melee, a less graceful talked version of Marth. Falco in Brawl is similar to Fox, with different animations which somehow makes him not a clone, in comparison to the Fox Falco or Roy and Marth of Melee. They could take that approach again.. I'd also like to see costumes (Marth/Masked Marth) make an appearance.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#12LordYggdrasilXX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 11:04:58 AM
Limelight788 posted...
usaamahlink posted...
It would feel like we are stuck in the past. It wouldnt be too bad gameplay wise, but Awakening would be misrepresented badly (by an empty non-existant roster spot) and that would just be a shame.

There are other ways they can represent Awakening by means other than adding a character to the roster. Stages, music, Assist Trophies, etc.

Chrom isn't a bad addition, but he does not need to be in the next game as playable to properly represent Awakening.

Though technically you could say the same thing about the radiant games and Binding Blade not needing characters to be in the game to be properly represented.
#13MarioLinkGenofaPosted 4/27/2013 11:28:13 AM
I will say, FE6 is the only FE post FE4 that I never felt inclined to replay more then once, it felt like a chore.
Plus, it'd feel like he's repping Smash more then he's repping FE, which shouldn't be a thing.
So yeah, Chrom or Leif... mostly Chrom I suppose >_<
---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#14Someguy_13Posted 4/27/2013 11:53:07 AM
I recently played FE6 and it was really awesome.

I didn't really care if Roy came back until after that. But now I really want him in, with his Awakening design and with a decloned moveset.

I wouldn't mind Chrom, but I would prefer Roy.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#15Enemy_AC130Posted 4/27/2013 12:23:56 PM
UberPyro64 posted...
Roy is so overrated and awakening being the most successful in the series more then deserves it. Yeah Chrom is pretty bland and another sword user but he is the main character with the avatar. He will most likely be the choice they go with.

As of right now, no, it is not the most successful game in the series.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg
#16bestssbbfanPosted 4/27/2013 12:30:12 PM
Could be better, could be worse. On one hand, I like roy, and think he should return. On the other however, I loved awakening and dont like the idea of a clone getting in over a new moveset. Ideally, we could have both. *ducks for cover from flames*
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#17GohansephirothPosted 4/27/2013 12:34:31 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
I would be disappointed. I liked Awakening a hell of a lot more than Sealed Sword, so I don't want Roy over Chrom, even if Roy were decloned. Roy remaining a clone makes it even worse.

Yeah i feel the same, roy had his time, and now its long over so it would be better to get chrom in there IMO.
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#18DarknessXSeekerPosted 4/27/2013 1:07:13 PM
I want Marth, Ike, and Chrom.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#19HorribleLandCowPosted 4/27/2013 1:21:43 PM
As much as it pains me to say it, ditch Ike. Keep Marth and add Chrom and Michiah or a non-swordsman. Possibly a lance or axe wielding soldier. Griel equipped with Urvan? SSB has enough swordsman
#20Doug314Posted 4/27/2013 2:19:30 PM
Ugh, anything but a clone for an FE newcomer. Roy even being sort of a clone means he'd be a lot like how he was in melee, and it'd seem like we didn't even get an actually new FE character that didn't feel like someone we'd already played in a smash bros. game. New games should have actually new content and not just use what we had in the past. Roy is so overrated and has almost no chance of being it. The only reason he gets so much attention is because he was in melee. Otherwise, he'd just be another sword user that'd be just like Marth.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony