Did Zoroark's chances got reduced?

#1Jrx1Posted 4/28/2013 12:19:20 AM
After Gen VI got announced, i don't see Gen V taking the lead spot anymore. Well MAYBE if there won't be another Lucario-type Pokemon in Gen VI, then maybe Zoroark still can appear.

I really wish the fox made it in though.
---
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~
#2Doug314Posted 4/28/2013 12:21:07 AM
No since his chances never should have been considered high in the first place since 6th gen getting here before this game's release was essentially guaranteed.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#3Jrx1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 12:21:50 AM
Doug314 posted...
No since his chances never should have been considered high in the first place since 6th gen getting here before this game's release was essentially guaranteed.

Why shouldn't they be considered high? He's a Pokemon that fits for SSB's type of battle.
---
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~
#4Limelight788Posted 4/28/2013 12:27:01 AM(edited)
Zoroark's chances are dead in the water at this point.

His fan base (at least for Smash) has collapsed significantly (especially when taking into account that a lot of people expected but not wanted him), he's not as important as Lucario or Mewtwo now and I don't see the Pokémon Company nor Sakurai taking interest in him. 5th gen missed it's chance to get a playable character.
---
Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Check out this thread at Smashboards that I'm the leader of:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-mega-man-for-ssb4-thread-the-most-wanted-newcomer.324266/
#5KlRBEHPosted 4/28/2013 12:35:17 AM
Zoroark was never that cool anyway tbqh I didn't even want him in the game
---
http://i.imgur.com/fUaBI.jpg
I NEEDUH MONSTA TA CLOBBA DAT DERE KIRBEH
#6RawstyleEeveePosted 4/28/2013 2:53:43 AM
He never had a chance to begin with.

After Zoroark failed to create hype for gen 5, Gamefreak replaced him with Lucario again to promote other gen 5 games & gen 5 related merchandise

Smash bros wise,most of his support was only based on the "Lucario replaced Mewtwo Pattern, so it will happen again". However Mewtwo by far is the most wanted pokemon rep & compared to him Zoroark is nobody
---
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board
#7RyoukaiPosted 4/28/2013 3:41:00 AM

>Implying that low chances can't get lower.

I'm agreeing with you though, Zoroark's chances were never high to begin with; it was more of an expectation in the absence of a more suitable new rep. With what The Pokemon Company is doing with Mewtwo though, Zoroark's chances have decreased significantly, and Mewtwo's have increased, with Lucario's chances of staying about the same as they've always been (IMO, very good).

Mewtwo's new form is essentially the Lucario archetype of 6th gen.
---
The Official Luigi of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Boards
#8Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/28/2013 3:58:46 AM
He never had a chance to begin with.

After Zoroark failed to create hype for gen 5, Gamefreak replaced him with Lucario again to promote other gen 5 games & gen 5 related merchandise

Smash bros wise,most of his support was only based on the "Lucario replaced Mewtwo Pattern, so it will happen again". However Mewtwo by far is the most wanted pokemon rep & compared to him Zoroark is nobody

This.

If Zoroark had succeeded at becoming the next Lucario, then it would have a chance, but it failed, so it doesn't.
#9BardWannabePosted 4/28/2013 6:36:49 AM
"Newtwo" for SSB!
#10JangobadassPosted 4/28/2013 7:57:57 AM(edited)
His chances are dead & buried. They just kept getting lower--hell, Lucario's chances of sticking around were better--and then the Awakened Form pretty much destroyed whatever still chance he had x_x
---
http://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/smash_bros_characters.jpg