This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Reaction, Tripping returns in Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

#21NME_EnterprisesPosted 4/30/2013 11:42:10 AM
I'm not bothered about it in execution. It's just an awful idea in concept, and shouldn't be in the game regardless of how rarely it occurs.

I hope the Tekken/Tales teams manage to be rational folks and tell Sakurai how bad it sounds if he does consider it again.
---
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 128
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/15/heartscream2.jpg
#22DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 11:49:57 AM
DavemanCosman posted...
Choice? Consider online multiplayer in Brawl, where there is the possibility that the items you dislike wouldn't be turned off because someone else had them on. I don't care if no one plays Brawl online now, there was a time when the community was pretty big and I remember getting stuck in a match full of smart bombs when I had all my items turned off.

Anyways, even with the random element being out of the argument due to choice, items in Brawl are supped up compared to Melee. Even with Melee's items turned on, the game could've been taken more seriously than Brawl. You also have to wonder why take a step back to play the game less seriously when Melee was such a success.

Also, be nice. You don't have to insult my intelligence by saying my logic is poor, as I haven't insulted yours. I was making a comparison between the more competitive Melee to the "non-competitive mechanics in Brawl."

I refer to you my previous topic on this matter.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/66035004

As you yourself mention, intentional discouragement of competitive play was even built into the online. Even more unfortunately was the online didn't even work with heavy lag and poor matchmaking, but that's another matter.

In addition was...

No ladder.

No "no items" mode.

CPU takeover on DCers and rage quitters.

Brawl has designed to try and discourage people from playing the game competitively. I do not hate playing the game casually, I enjoy games with items about as often as I enjoy them without, but to intentionally implement mechanics to discourage people from playing the game competitively at all was a very poor choice.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#23LewisrichPosted 4/30/2013 12:23:03 PM
My question is why was it added in brawl to begin with?
---
GT: LKR101
#24DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 12:29:16 PM
Lewisrich posted...
My question is why was it added in brawl to begin with?

Brawl has designed to try and discourage people from playing the game competitively.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#25reaverzPosted 4/30/2013 1:22:32 PM
I get the feeling that tripping is one of those things that, if removed from these games, we will have Bamco to thank for.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#26wellingtonPosted 5/7/2013 12:49:50 AM
alpha-ape posted...
I don't care. People are overreacting to tripping

---
calling all chess fans http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=576430
#27GoldenJoe24Posted 5/7/2013 4:21:33 AM
Awesome. Whatever messes with the elites.
#28DragonwarriordudePosted 5/7/2013 4:22:59 AM
Dont care
---
Sig.
#29Whiteout_2Posted 5/7/2013 5:22:42 AM
Single most annoying mechanic in Brawl returning...hmmm. Well I'll say this, I won't be one of those people who won't care.
---
You this read wrong.
#30MrSpacelySlatePosted 5/7/2013 8:40:45 AM
Eh. People make too much of a big deal over it.