This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think this game should start with the original 12 as playable characters.

#1GrrPHCPosted 4/29/2013 8:51:06 PM
While the rest are up to unlock.
I was honestly disappointed with the fact that I started with pretty much every character I wanted to play as besides Sonic. Even then, the unlockable characters was hardly a challenge at all.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/xI+AM+SHAD0Wx.png
#2YetAnothrShadowPosted 4/29/2013 8:53:50 PM(edited)
That's incredibly silly.

But it's also how I feel. Unlocking the newcomers is alot more exciting than unlocking a bunch of returning characters.
---
http://i.imgflip.com/760c.gif
http://i.imgur.com/alReZ.gif
#3Doug314Posted 4/29/2013 9:54:51 PM
This would be awesome. It was so little of a reward to unlock people in brawl, whereas in both of the first 2 games it was just amazing. I don't care that much for unlocking Luigi, Jiggs, Ness, etc., yet again.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#4dedekongPosted 4/29/2013 10:21:11 PM
GrrPHC posted...
While the rest are up to unlock.
I was honestly disappointed with the fact that I started with pretty much every character I wanted to play as besides Sonic. Even then, the unlockable characters was hardly a challenge at all.

This was intentionally done, because of online combat.
#5thechaoticclownPosted 4/29/2013 10:28:46 PM
No, Jigglypuff shouldn't return.
#6Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/29/2013 10:34:28 PM

Yes, she should.
#7MasterCyndaquilPosted 4/29/2013 10:54:10 PM
thechaoticclown posted...

Get out NOW.
---
Yes guys, I have returned. No, my cat did not eat my Sapphire version.
#8Modus_PwnensPosted 4/29/2013 11:04:57 PM
MasterCyndaquil posted...

Get out NOW.

A little insecure, eh? Sorry but you don't get to hush dissent. I don't want Jigglypuff to return either.
#9Someguy_13Posted 4/29/2013 11:27:06 PM(edited)
As long as the other characters were easy to unlock, and it happened very quickly.

Can I ask why you didn't want to play as Sonic, TC?
I'd been watching videos of the Japanese version, and after all the hype surrounding his inclusion, he was first on my list to play as (but I understand why he was unlockable)
He's the most deserving third party character after all.

Modus_Pwnens posted...

Get out NOW.

A little insecure, eh? Sorry but you don't get to hush dissent. I don't want Jigglypuff to return either.

Cutting a unique moveset for the sake of cutting a character is dumb.

Jiggs may not be important to Pokemon, but as one of the original 12, she's important to Smash.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#10Modus_PwnensPosted 4/30/2013 12:02:38 AM
Someguy_13 posted...
As long as the other characters were easy to unlock, and it happened very quickly.

Can I ask why you didn't want to play as Sonic, TC?
I'd been watching videos of the Japanese version, and after all the hype surrounding his inclusion, he was first on my list to play as (but I understand why he was unlockable)
He's the most deserving third party character after all.

Modus_Pwnens posted...

Get out NOW.

Cutting a unique moveset for the sake of cutting a character is dumb.

Jiggs may not be important to Pokemon, but as one of the original 12, she's important to Smash.

That's the way you see things. I see things much differently.

I think that protecting a moveset from being cut simply because it is "unique" is dumb. It can be unique and also uninteresting. It could also be unique and mildly interesting but ultimately replaceable.

Furthermore, Jiggs' moveset could easily be transferred to a different character if it were really worth salvaging.

All this "Original 12" talk seems to be nothing more than an homage to an unjustified tradition. There are are literally hundreds of (what I consider to be) better Pokemon reps whose chances are being squandered on account of a character hardly given attention outside the context of Smash Bros.