Jigglypuff must go -- Agree or Disagree?

#1AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 4/29/2013 11:16:03 PM
Jigglypuff must go -- Agree or Disagree? - Results (143 votes)
Agreed. It will not be in SSB4
9.79% (14 votes)
Agreed, but it will be in SSB4 anyway.
23.78% (34 votes)
Disagree. It will be in SSB4.
66.43% (95 votes)
Disagree, but it will not be in SSB4 anyway.
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This poll is essentially asking you two things:
1. Do you agree that Jigglypuff needs to be cut?
2. Do you think that Jigglypuff will be in SSB4?
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#2dedekongPosted 4/29/2013 11:21:40 PM
Cut for what? >_>
#3AirBorneCoffeeT(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 11:24:31 PM
Assume that if Jigglypuff is cut, it will be replaced with another Pokemon.
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#4alpha-apePosted 4/30/2013 12:30:05 AM
Disagree. We will see him in SSBU again.
---
Official Jigglypuff of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U boards
#5Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/30/2013 12:33:42 AM
Disagree. Jigglypuff will not be cut, and there is no valid argument for her being cut.
#6Doug314Posted 4/30/2013 12:36:45 AM
It maybe could go, but no way it must go.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#7Modus_PwnensPosted 4/30/2013 1:04:09 AM
From another topic:

I think that protecting a moveset from being cut simply because it is "unique" is dumb. It can be unique and also uninteresting. It could also be unique and mildly interesting but ultimately replaceable.

Furthermore, Jiggs' moveset could easily be transferred to a different character if it were really worth salvaging.

All this "Original 12" talk seems to be nothing more than an homage to an unjustified tradition. There are are literally hundreds of (what I consider to be) better Pokemon reps whose chances are being squandered on account of a character hardly given attention outside the context of Smash Bros.
#8Doug314Posted 4/30/2013 1:07:28 AM
Jiggs got lots of other attention. It was in lots of spin-off games and highly featured in the anime, or at least in the parts of it that I actually watched; not sure what it's doing now.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#9Pikachutwo2Posted 4/30/2013 1:27:13 AM(edited)
Doug314 posted...
Jiggs got lots of other attention. It was in lots of spin-off games and highly featured in the anime, or at least in the parts of it that I actually watched; not sure what it's doing now.

"The" Jigglypuff hasn't appear in anime episode for hundreds of episodes. Last seen in 3rd gen. Jigglypuff importance in the anime has kind of disappeared. The only thing I've that help's Jigglypuff as late is Pokemon Conquest where she was the starter for your main partner. I feel her time has gone.
#10DanspurtPosted 4/30/2013 1:27:34 AM
But it's a fun character to play as and brings something unique to the table, so it's really a waste throwing it out.

Like with Sheik, Smash Bros keeps it alive.
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln