This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you cut Ike for Chrom?

#41Grammar_manPosted 5/1/2013 8:11:22 AM
usaamahlink posted...
I think Marth could be reasonably replaced by Chrom. Similar movesets wouldnt be stretching anyones rationality, and Chrom is arguably the most recognized character in the franchise now, with the widest mainstream appeal of any Fire Emblem game (Only thing Marth has over him is his presence in the Smash Bros games)... Hmm interesting either way. I couldnt possibly try to predict what would happen.

...Masked Marth.

Marth being the first DLC. Three available DLC Marths.

FE: Awakening being essentially built upon his mythos.
#42ZercePosted 5/4/2013 8:32:54 PM
Captain_Fetish posted...
Enemy_AC130 posted...
Danspurt posted...
I dunno what to vote, really. I've never played that much Fire Emblem to find Chrom interesting.

But I know that I wouldn't want Ike cut regardless of relevance. It's just a shame to cut a fun moveset just because the character is becoming ancient.

Chrom is basically Ike, so if Chrom replaces Ike it wouldn't be cutting a moveset, just changing the person that uses it.

I...that's...I don't even know how to respond to that without getting modded...

Remember when TP Link replaced OoT Link?
Or whent Toon Link replaced Young Link?
Or when TP Zelda/Shiek replaced OoT Zelda Shiek?
Or when Lucario replaced Mewtwo?

So yeah.
---
Zerce
#43ZercePosted 5/4/2013 8:34:07 PM
Grammar_man posted...
usaamahlink posted...
I think Marth could be reasonably replaced by Chrom. Similar movesets wouldnt be stretching anyones rationality, and Chrom is arguably the most recognized character in the franchise now, with the widest mainstream appeal of any Fire Emblem game (Only thing Marth has over him is his presence in the Smash Bros games)... Hmm interesting either way. I couldnt possibly try to predict what would happen.

...Masked Marth.

Marth being the first DLC. Three available DLC Marths.

FE: Awakening being essentially built upon his mythos.

Have Masked Marth be an alternate costume, Like how Wario could be Warioware Wario and classic Wario.
---
Zerce
#44RanzEDGEPosted 5/4/2013 8:58:14 PM
Zerce posted...
Captain_Fetish posted...
Enemy_AC130 posted...
Danspurt posted...
I dunno what to vote, really. I've never played that much Fire Emblem to find Chrom interesting.

But I know that I wouldn't want Ike cut regardless of relevance. It's just a shame to cut a fun moveset just because the character is becoming ancient.

Chrom is basically Ike, so if Chrom replaces Ike it wouldn't be cutting a moveset, just changing the person that uses it.

So yeah.

while i dont care if ike stays or leaves i dont think that chrom would outright inherit ike's moveset i mean he uses falchion (which is marths sword just reforged) not Ragnell so he has better chances of being a marth clone.

Ps: Lucario didnt take Mewtwo's moveset if thats what your implying.
---
VV-Double team is OP-VV
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc87/lugiaXDTrainer/Lucario/lucariosig.gif
#45Enemy_AC130Posted 5/5/2013 9:05:31 AM
RanzEDGE posted...
Zerce posted...
Captain_Fetish posted...
Enemy_AC130 posted...
Danspurt posted...

So yeah.

while i dont care if ike stays or leaves i dont think that chrom would outright inherit ike's moveset i mean he uses falchion (which is marths sword just reforged) not Ragnell so he has better chances of being a marth clone.

Ps: Lucario didnt take Mewtwo's moveset if thats what your implying.

While Chrom may use the same weapon as Marth, he doesn't use it the same way (Marth attacks with it by stabbing). Chrom's fighting style is closer to Ike's than it is to Marth's.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg
#46The_Undying_84Posted 5/5/2013 11:51:23 AM
I like Ike better but they're basically the same to me.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#47YetAnothrShadowPosted 5/5/2013 11:54:41 AM
Lucina > Chrom
---
http://i.imgflip.com/760c.gif
http://i.imgur.com/alReZ.gif
#48FiendEmperorPosted 5/5/2013 12:05:11 PM
Yes, as long as they threw in Avatar. Otherwise, All 3.