What do you think about the Fire Emblem trio of Marth, Ike and Chrom?

#31KrazyKumaPosted 5/3/2013 6:52:11 PM
Grammar_man posted...
By the way:
FE9
Top 14
Marcia
Titania
Jill
Reyson
Oscar
Tanith
Mordecai
Muarim
Kieran
Makalov
Astrid
Mist
Boyd
Ike

Where did you get that list from? It has the tigers higher than Kieran and Titania isn't #1 on that list.
#32RethalwolfPosted 5/3/2013 6:59:22 PM
Why would you think I'm talking about FE9 Ike? Not only is it less recent, but obviously it's untrue. See? Went so far as to agree with you.

And really, your FE10 Ike was weaker than Haar and Titania? I mean, I could see Haar, what with Stun activating every single time and being a flying unit, but Titania? My Ike maxed pretty much every stat by the time I went into the final level, and I didn't even use him much.

And to whomever posted about Ike having trouble with the final boss? I was definitely talking about the Black Knight, and though I admit there are rarely chances for anyone but Ike to even be in contact with him, just look at Skrimir and Ranulf (so no, I'm not talking stats alone here), Greil, ANY enemy of the Dawn Brigade, or - yes - the one, maybe two occasions other units get to meet him (that terrifying chase in FE9 at the port).
As far as Ashera goes... well, I honestly don't remember how I fought her.

And to the other, who said Roy's blade was a 1-2, wasn't it not a shockwave or something though? Maybe it was, maybe I've just played too much of Awakening to remember cool animations ever existing, but... eh. You know what? Sure. Give Ike Ragnell with a Roy skin, sounds good to me. I just want it to be more true to him, specifically with that B. The dash is fine as-is, but the explosion is completely irrelevant to his character. He's not even fire-affluent.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#33Enemy_AC130Posted 5/3/2013 7:36:35 PM
Rethalwolf posted...
Why would you think I'm talking about FE9 Ike? Not only is it less recent, but obviously it's untrue. See? Went so far as to agree with you.

And really, your FE10 Ike was weaker than Haar and Titania? I mean, I could see Haar, what with Stun activating every single time and being a flying unit, but Titania? My Ike maxed pretty much every stat by the time I went into the final level, and I didn't even use him much.

And to whomever posted about Ike having trouble with the final boss? I was definitely talking about the Black Knight, and though I admit there are rarely chances for anyone but Ike to even be in contact with him, just look at Skrimir and Ranulf (so no, I'm not talking stats alone here), Greil, ANY enemy of the Dawn Brigade, or - yes - the one, maybe two occasions other units get to meet him (that terrifying chase in FE9 at the port).
As far as Ashera goes... well, I honestly don't remember how I fought her.

And to the other, who said Roy's blade was a 1-2, wasn't it not a shockwave or something though? Maybe it was, maybe I've just played too much of Awakening to remember cool animations ever existing, but... eh. You know what? Sure. Give Ike Ragnell with a Roy skin, sounds good to me. I just want it to be more true to him, specifically with that B. The dash is fine as-is, but the explosion is completely irrelevant to his character. He's not even fire-affluent.

I did mention the Black Knight in my post as well as the final boss. I was mostly referring to FE9, like I said I've only played Radiant Dawn once. The BK wasn't in his prime in FE10 though.

I believe the 2 range animation for the Sword of Seals is just an explosion on top of the enemy, that could easily just be changed to a fire projectile though.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg
#34RethalwolfPosted 5/3/2013 7:40:42 PM
Sorry, I misread your post; I thought you were referring to the final boss as the rival.
That said, as far as rivals go, I don't even know of another that appears so much throughout the series that isn't one of the final bosses. Or that's that powerful.

In any case, yes, I agree with the fire point. And this is making me want a BK skin for someone too haha
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#35RethalwolfPosted 5/3/2013 9:29:20 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Darkblaze53 posted...
They could make Chrom his Great Lord version and give him a lance :u

He wouldn't even need the Great Lord design to use lances. Ike had his un-promoted design in Brawl even though Ragnell was only usable after promotion.

That said, I don't think they'd give him non-Falchion-or-Rapier.

My idea for Lyn-Eliwood-Hector has them all promoted, Eliwood using lances as his main and treating Durandal sort of lance-like to show the weapon triangle. I've been considering having Lyn use a bow, too, but that sort of makes Hector use a sword so eh.
---
#36Grammar_manPosted 5/4/2013 4:54:42 PM
Rethalwolf posted...
Why would you think I'm talking about FE9 Ike?

Because you talked about how tough the Black Knight is. FE10 BK is laughably easy.

Rethalwolf posted...

Yeah... Ike is better at max level than both. Problem? He's worse than them for pretty much the whole game until they cap statwise... and both laugh at him when they beat him in movement AND have the Canto Skill. If we're just talking max level characters, Caineghis and Tibarn still knocks down Ike a few pegs, as do Nailah. The only reason Ike beats the BK better is the fact that none of them are allowed to by the game. In the earlier stages, the BK laughs at Ike. Heck, the only reason he is that high is because the mounted units in this game get far to little playtime overall to compete, outside Haar(who get's more than Ike himself), and Titania. Oscar falters in this regard because of lacking speed(and thus offense).

Heck, there are those who would argue Nolan and Volug should both be above Ike.

Rethalwolf posted...

And to whomever posted about Ike having trouble with the final boss? I was definitely talking about the Black Knight, and though I admit there are rarely chances for anyone but Ike to even be in contact with him, just look at Skrimir and Ranulf (so no, I'm not talking stats alone here)

Ranulf has fought him "commendably" at several points, and Skrimir losing isn't surprising once you consider the fact that the only reason he beat Ranulf at all was superior physical stature- Ranulf actually succeeded in impairing him(Say, what would've happen if Ranulf went for a fatal attack?). Caineghis is the Black Knight's superior in combat.

Ike not even the strongest fighter(that you get to play) in his own saga. You know who is in his? Ephraim.

Rethalwolf posted...

...Ike is not fire-affluent. The Hero of Blue Flames is not fire-affluent.
#37Grammar_manPosted 5/4/2013 4:54:54 PM
KrazyKuma posted...
Grammar_man posted...
By the way:
FE9
Top 14
Marcia
Titania
Jill
Reyson
Oscar
Tanith
Mordecai
Muarim
Kieran
Makalov
Astrid
Mist
Boyd
Ike

Where did you get that list from? It has the tigers higher than Kieran and Titania isn't #1 on that list.

Latest available one on Serenesforest.
#38RethalwolfPosted 5/4/2013 8:19:05 PM
Grammar_man posted...

Because you talked about how tough the Black Knight is. FE10 BK is laughably easy.

Yeah... Ike is better at max level than both. Problem? He's worse than them for pretty much the whole game until they cap statwise... and both laugh at him when they beat him in movement AND have the Canto Skill. If we're just talking max level characters, Caineghis and Tibarn still knocks down Ike a few pegs, as do Nailah. The only reason Ike beats the BK better is the fact that none of them are allowed to by the game. In the earlier stages, the BK laughs at Ike. Heck, the only reason he is that high is because the mounted units in this game get far to little playtime overall to compete, outside Haar(who get's more than Ike himself), and Titania. Oscar falters in this regard because of lacking speed(and thus offense).

Heck, there are those who would argue Nolan and Volug should both be above Ike.

Ranulf has fought him "commendably" at several points, and Skrimir losing isn't surprising once you consider the fact that the only reason he beat Ranulf at all was superior physical stature- Ranulf actually succeeded in impairing him(Say, what would've happen if Ranulf went for a fatal attack?). Caineghis is the Black Knight's superior in combat.

Ike not even the strongest fighter(that you get to play) in his own saga. You know who is in his? Ephraim.

...Ike is not fire-affluent. The Hero of Blue Flames is not fire-affluent.

I'll give you the laguz lords, since they're ridiculously powerful, but I stand by what I say. Ike may be outclassed by them in stats but through his games has shown himself to be the best - iirc, his strength has besmirched and humbled a few laguz lords-to-be.
I'm not going to lie, I've been taking pieces from both FE9 and FE10, though when it comes to his power, only the latter. Additionally, Ike has nothing to do with fire; he has an Earth affinity, Ragnell has nothing to do with fire, and Ike is, as far as I can tell, titled for his hair. Maybe, MAYBE the war-winning, but that would just imply he ignites flames in others.
Hell, I'll even give you Skrimir and Ranulf, though you do help me to prove a point that, not only is Ike Ranulf's superior in either stature or combat skill, he must be Skrimir's in both, lest Skrimir'd have had a chance against the BK, and Skrimir is set to be the next Lion King. And, going back to the lords, while they may be more powerful at max level, if you don't only use them they'll pretty much never get there. That's probably not a smart decision, especially since Ike still has to fight the Black Knight again who, by the way, is only laughably easy if Ike has, say, a Hammer, AND is ridiculously overpowered. Without those things he's just about as difficult as in FE9; maybe even a little more so with his current abilityset. Iirc it prevents Aether, no?
Speaking of Aether, that's one of the most - if not THE most - powerful skills in the game. That alone sets him apart, enough so that my claim still stands.
Whether you like it or not, though, Ike is still by far the most widely respected character. Everyone likes Ike; even the crowd in Smash Bros. FE fans don't even like some games (ie Sacred Stones) because of how easy/short it is (how cool can you be if you're the strongest in the easiest?), and many don't even like what I will say is one of the most popular four or five (I'd have said three before Awakening came out) lords, Roy, because of how god-awful he is.
You can't just look at each thing individually. If you look at each character as a whole - and not each but every individual piece - you'll see that Ike and Marth deserve to be in more than anyone else.
My other ideas are just for fun.
---
#39bronzefrogPosted 5/5/2013 7:33:23 AM
Caineghis is still the superior Lion King and was the Lion King because Skirimir was not ready to be that ruler either in strength or in judgement. And C-man is better than Ike storyline wise. And by talk convos, Tibarn and Nailah as well.

And Resolve > Aether. Lethality > Aether. A bunch of words here.

You can't just look at each thing individually. If you look at each character as a whole - and not each but every individual piece - you'll see that Ike and Marth deserve to be in more than anyone else.

With Awakening's Popularity, how is it not that Chrom and Marth /deserve/ to be in more than anyone else by your reasoning?

What puts Ike above Chrom, when his games are not nearly as popular, his popularity in Japan is below Chrom's, and he admits that he'd lose 13 times out of 12 to the Shepherds in his recruitment talk with Awakening?
---
Onepunch Man - Shingeki no Kyojin - Vinland Saga - One Piece - Soul Eater - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#40Enemy_AC130Posted 5/5/2013 9:44:44 AM
Rethalwolf posted...
That's probably not a smart decision, especially since Ike still has to fight the Black Knight again who, by the way, is only laughably easy if Ike has, say, a Hammer, AND is ridiculously overpowered. Without those things he's just about as difficult as in FE9; maybe even a little more so with his current abilityset. Iirc it prevents Aether, no?

You know, you arguing that the Black Knight is tough for Ike just makes Ike look bad, and less worthy of being in the game, right?

Rethalwolf posted...
Speaking of Aether, that's one of the most - if not THE most - powerful skills in the game. That alone sets him apart, enough so that my claim still stands.

Chrom has Aether and is also more recent.

Rethalwolf posted...
FE fans don't even like some games (ie Sacred Stones) because of how easy/short it is (how cool can you be if you're the strongest in the easiest?),

By that logic we should get a Thracia 776 rep.

Rethalwolf posted...
and many don't even like what I will say is one of the most popular four or five (I'd have said three before Awakening came out) lords, Roy, because of how god-awful he is.

Roy is only considered bad because he has a late promotion, and even with a late promotion, he's still really good after he promotes because he gets the Sword of seals.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg