What do you think about the Fire Emblem trio of Marth, Ike and Chrom?

#41Grammar_manPosted 5/5/2013 1:18:24 PM
Rethalwolf posted...

Speaking of Aether, that's one of the most - if not THE most - powerful skills in the game. That alone sets him apart, enough so that my claim still stands.

In FE9, Aether is laughably outclassed by Sol, which is meant to be the worse version of Aether.

In FE10, it has been upgraded to work at range... but still at most hits for two full hits of damage. Chrom, in his game, has a superior version that can crit on both hits.

But as for FE10 Ike's Aether being the most powerful skill?

Astra: 5 hits.
Eclipse: 5 hits that all hit for full damage(negate defense).
Luna: Triples Attack and negates defense(unlike Aether, which does not triple attack)
Sol: Triples Damage and heals(This means it actually has higher damage potential than Aether).
Impale: 4* Damage.
Rend: 5* Strength.

Aether is once again has one of the lowest damage potentials out of any of the "super skills".

Rethalwolf posted...

Whether you like it or not, though, Ike is still by far the most widely respected character. Everyone likes Ike; even the crowd in Smash Bros.

The most widely respected FE Character is Marth. :P

Rethalwolf posted...

E fans don't even like some games (ie Sacred Stones) because of how easy/short it is (how cool can you be if you're the strongest in the easiest?),

Fun fact... FE8's villain is arguably the strongest in the series, beating out Duma, Ashera and Grima.

Ashunera>Fomortiis, but Ashera=/=Ashunera.

Also, FE8 is only the easiest because Seth is the best FE character of all time, beating even FE1 Marth, Sigurd, Alm and other broken units that are the best of their games.
#42LordYggdrasilXX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 1:30:05 PM
The results are fasinating, though let me see what happens once I invite the FE fans from the awakening board here.
#43MagmarFirePosted 5/5/2013 1:36:01 PM
Enemy_AC130 posted...

CrystalKing5426 posted...
Spikaya posted...
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Yeck.

Ike is cool, but we don't need Marth and Chrom.

Marth is like the face of FE.

No, Anna is.

Anna is only playable in one game. Marth is playable in five.

Ganondorf isn't playable at all in the Zelda series. What's your point?
---
What was that, Morgan? "Kill them all"? GOOD IDEA! *Ignis* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
#44UberPyro64Posted 5/5/2013 1:49:22 PM(edited)
MagmarFire posted...
Enemy_AC130 posted...

CrystalKing5426 posted...
Spikaya posted...
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Yeck.

Ike is cool, but we don't need Marth and Chrom.

Marth is like the face of FE.

No, Anna is.

Anna is only playable in one game. Marth is playable in five.

As some have stated, Anna is like the Tingle or Nurse Joe of Fire Emblem. She isn't deserving enough to be playable in Smash.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9481/may2013roster.png
#45kirbymaster101Posted 5/5/2013 1:52:56 PM
personally i wanna see how a mage character would do, 3 lords that use swords just seems to redudant and not unique enough.
#46Enemy_AC130Posted 5/5/2013 2:17:53 PM(edited)
MagmarFire posted...

Ganondorf also isn't a shopkeeper/tutorial guide in the games he is in.

Grammar_man posted...
Fun fact... FE8's villain is arguably the strongest in the series, beating out Duma, Ashera and Grima.

What do you mean, canonically, or in gameplay? Because I don't recall having much difficulty defeating Fomortiis.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg
#47DusterxLucasFTWPosted 5/7/2013 5:54:40 AM
Enemy_AC130 posted...
MagmarFire posted...

Ganondorf also isn't a shopkeeper/tutorial guide in the games he is in.

Grammar_man posted...

What do you mean, canonically, or in gameplay? Because I don't recall having much difficulty defeating Fomortiis.

I'm sure he's talking gameplay wishe. Cause story wise he really isn't anything special. Especially if you compare him to someone like Garnef who is literally invincible against anything but starlight.
---
Hes black. Black people are like Lizards. They can grow back there lost pride. -FinalCountDownn