The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What smash bros. game is your favorite and why?

#1progamer2290Posted 4/30/2013 9:26:51 PM
What smash bros. game is your favorite and why? - Results (122 votes)
Super smash bros. (N64)
4.1% (5 votes)
Super smash bros. melee (NGC)
41.8% (51 votes)
Super smash bros. brawl (Wii)
54.1% (66 votes)
This poll is now closed.
for me it brawl way more content, music, and i like how the movement feels!
---
THE GAME!
3DS FC: 3093 7069 3182 ----- Pokemon Black FC: 2666 1379 8243
#2NeatherdPosted 4/30/2013 9:28:17 PM
brawl. melee is my childhood game but i have invested many more hours in brawl. the online feature is nice also, for me at least. i don't have much lag at all
#3liveman789Posted 4/30/2013 9:32:29 PM
Love all three, and each are better than the other in some ways, but Brawl is the best overall. It's more balanced and has MUCH more content.
#4progamer2290(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:34:25 PM
i started a games club at my school and we would all ways play melee at lunch, untell brawl came out!

when i checked on the club lest year they were playing melee so...WTF
---
THE GAME!
3DS FC: 3093 7069 3182 ----- Pokemon Black FC: 2666 1379 8243
#5jeffdogworthyPosted 4/30/2013 10:10:04 PM
All three are phenomenal in their own ways.

N64 was pure fun/party style and it set the precedents.

Melee was a very pleasant surprise because I hadn't expected a sequel let alone one that had so much to do. The physics of it and the overall somewhat darker ambiance are what stands out to me.

Brawl in its own right is fantastic. Beautiful graphics (for the Wii, at least), one of the best Soundtracks of all time, and it introduced Wi-Fi which I thoroughly enjoyed despite some latency because it made playing with people easier.

I picked Melee because I felt it's the most competitive and thus it has the most replay-value for me. All three games are great, but Melee holds a place in my heart. And as I mentioned earlier, it's darker atmosphere for some reason appeals to me.

That being said, I play Project: M a ton because it's like the best of both worlds. Even has the fun N64 stages.
#6HorribleLandCowPosted 4/30/2013 10:11:52 PM
Brawl
---
Look cool. Don't mess up. And if you mess up, look cool.
#7Someguy_13Posted 4/30/2013 10:55:01 PM
Melee.

The heavier physics, faster movement in general, and a reasonable amount of hitstun make for a more fast paced game with actual combos, that was just more fun.
The airdodge, being directional, but being a one use thing, was much deeper than Brawls since it had a risk vs reward thing going on.

The event mode was also of higher quality, each character had their own target test, and Race to the Finish was still a thing. The bonuses at the end of matches in Melee were also very cool and a nice touch.

I appreciate the extra things in Brawl. There's a lot of customization in the controls, and, though limited, the stage builder and replay stuff is cool.
But the story mode was kinda lame. It was long yeah, but Melee's was a little better I think. It would be nice to have both, but I would want SSE to be much improved if it came back.
It's cool that Brawl has more stages, but a lot of the Melee stages are better than a lot of the Brawl stages. Even some of the good Brawl stages like Lylat Cruse and Castle Siege have silly things like weird edges or the statues that get in the way and are just frustrating.

People might bring up that Brawl has more characters. And yeah, it does, but a few more characters isn't enough to compete with Melee's all around superior gameplay.

All that said though, Project M is better than both of them.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#8MasterCyndaquilPosted 4/30/2013 11:22:25 PM
Brawl.

With every installment in the SSB series, the games just get getting better, although all three are awesome masterpieces.

Therefore, Brawl is the best.

But, SSB4 is going to be the best one once it's released.
---
Yes guys, I have returned. No, my cat did not eat my Sapphire version.
#9iKhanicPosted 4/30/2013 11:23:23 PM
Melee,

1. Its the only game with Pichu
2. I far prefer it's fast paced gameplay to brawl, and the greater balance to SSB64
3. The stages are infinitely better than Brawl's, and there are more than in SSB64
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#10alpha-apePosted 5/1/2013 4:22:25 AM
Brawl. Much more content, much more characters (I wasn't fond of cutting Pichu though) and in my opinion much better gameplay.
---
Official Jigglypuff of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U boards