In an alternate universe where Sakurai announced an anime char, who would it be?

#41ToadkartPosted 5/2/2013 12:58:59 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...
Toadkart posted...
Sure ya do.

And you have proof of this?

Nope, but since I haven't watched them/like them they're crap. That's the logic you're using right?

It's fine if you don't like it, but calling it crap or garbage at every opportunity is dumb. If it was crap, it would have died out long ago. But what's this?! It just had a new movie come out in theaters in Japan that did very well? That's pretty good for a "crap" anime wouldn't you say?
#42Destro2112Posted 5/2/2013 1:13:26 PM
C.C.

/topic
#43DunnoBroPosted 5/2/2013 1:16:32 PM
Pikachu is an anime character, though...
---
>Implying I don't actually know
#44Destro2112Posted 5/2/2013 1:17:26 PM
DunnoBro posted...
Pikachu is an anime character, though...

The games came first. Which is why R/B/Y sprites looked so weird.
#45albertojz356Posted 5/2/2013 1:22:51 PM
Who is Guru?
---
Pauline, Palutena, Bayonetta, Cptn. Syrup, Eirika, Micaiah, Anna, Lyn, Lucina, Shantae, Lip, Andy, Medusa, Birdo, & Mike Jones for SSB4!
#46FoxMakinWafflesPosted 5/2/2013 1:47:14 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...
Spike Spiegel

---
Opinions on users change rapidly as their power-levels are exposed. -Ressechu
#47Grammar_manPosted 5/2/2013 6:03:23 PM
Toadkart posted...
PlasmaCannon posted...
Toadkart posted...
Sure ya do.

Nope, but since I haven't watched them/like them they're crap. That's the logic you're using right?

It's fine if you don't like it, but calling it crap or garbage at every opportunity is dumb. If it was crap, it would have died out long ago. But what's this?! It just had a new movie come out in theaters in Japan that did very well? That's pretty good for a "crap" anime wouldn't you say?

It is a lot worse than Dr. Slump by the same writer/artist, yet far more popular.

Heck, your popularity argument just makes me think of Twilight. A terrible piece of literature that did great due to what group it targeted while actual good works fell into obscurity. DBZ is much the same(targeting teen boys).

DBZ isn't Twillight bad, of course.
#48PlasmaCannonPosted 5/2/2013 7:27:00 PM
Toadkart posted...
PlasmaCannon posted...
Toadkart posted...
Sure ya do.

Generally speaking I don't watch crap anime but I have seen DBZ before. When it was first shown in the US I watched it for a while along with Sailor Moon. Over time the show became less and less interesting to me so I gave up on it.

Also just because it's popular doesn't always mean that it's good. I can say though DBZ is way better than stuff like Narufail or One Piece but it really doesn't take much to be better than those animes anyway.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#49MrSpacelySlatePosted 5/2/2013 7:33:00 PM
Escargoon.
#50ToadkartPosted 5/2/2013 7:42:18 PM
Yes, just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good. Twilight is a perfect example of that. But Dragonball has been around for almost 30 years and is still going strong. Will Twilight still be that popular in 30 years? I seriously doubt it.

When people call it crap or garbage, it makes me think of 360 or PS3 fanboys calling Nintendo games crap or garbage. Nintendo has done more for the video game industry than pretty much any other company, just as DBZ has done more for the anime industry than pretty much any other anime. So again, it's perfectly fine if you don't like it. But at the very least, show it the respect that it deserves. It's far from crap.