Nominate your most likely reps for the main Nintendo Series

#1mrpants_againPosted 5/2/2013 6:58:53 AM
Assuming each one of the major Nintendo series represented in Smash gets a new representative fighter in SSB4, pick the one you think will be most likely and why. The series I am focusing on as Nintendo's biggest series are:

-Super Mario (including spin-offs)
-Legend of Zelda
-Donkey Kong (even Rare developed games)
-Pokemon

My choices are...

Mario series: Bowser Jr. - Has current relevance in storyline Mario games, both Galaxy and NSMB. He has huge moveset potential combined with his breadth of gadgets and gizmos he carries. Also I would personally like to see more nemesises represented in Smash.

Zelda series: Girahim - Again, Smash needs more bad guys. Girahim could also be the true Ganondorf we have been wishing for. Not "Falcondorf".

DK series: King K. Rool - I just seem to be listing bad guys, huh? King K. is another most wanted character and would not only be more rival representation, but more heavyweight rep. Lots of moveset potential here too considering he has three major forms (King, Pirate, and Boxing Champ).

Pokemon series: Pokemon Rival - Basically like P.T. only using any combination of gen 2,3,4, or 5 starters. Considering Pokemon Trainer wasn't terribly popular in Brawl, perhaps his/her chances are unlikely, but still more plausible than some other Poke reps.
---
This Is What We Do! This is Who We Are!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviYufXRw0g
#2UberPyro64Posted 5/2/2013 7:01:55 AM
Mario: None

I don't think we are getting one and it's more likely that we won't.

Donkey Kong: King K. Rool

He is the villain of the series so he seems likely. Just relevance is his problem since he hasn't appeared for a while.

Zelda: None

We aren't getting anymore.

Pokemon: Mewtwo with Awakened Form transformation

It makes the most sense.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img802/5691/april20132roster.png
#3DavemanCosmanPosted 5/2/2013 7:18:52 AM
>thread lacks Metroid

Mario: Bowser Jr.
- not that I support another Mario character, but if anybody should be added it's him.

Legend of Zelda: Tingle
- I don't care for a new Zelda rep, but he seems possible. Some are saying Ghirahim, some are still deluded enough to think that Vaati should be added. Tingle, however, had that Rupeeland game and it was very enjoyable. Why North America voted no to have that game baffles me. /biased

Donkey Kong: K. Rool
- Classic character of the series. But honestly, I doubt it

Pokemon: Mewtwo
- Not really a new character to smash, but one who should definetely make a comeback
---
Cheers, luck and other indoor sports
-Daveman
#4mrpants_again(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 7:25:54 AM
DavemanCosman posted...
>thread lacks Metroid

I was debating between DK series and Metroid series, but DK seems to have had more releases recently. I honestly think the main ones deserving the title of Nintendo's "biggest series" should have just been Mario & Zelda (Pokemon is co-owned), but I didn't just want to have two series on there. Therefore, DK and Pokemon made the cut for this particular thread. :)
---
This Is What We Do! This is Who We Are!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviYufXRw0g
#5Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 5/2/2013 7:28:37 AM
Mario series: Dr. MARIO

As weird as it sounds, costume or not, he is the most likely character. He was among the Forbidden Seven, and was already a playable character.

LEGEND OF ZELDA: NONE

Ghirahim? No. Demise? Less. The Triforce trio is already in the game. It is perfect, and has been like it since Melee.

Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong

She was planned to be in Brawl, but was cut due to time constraints, history tells us Sakurai always add characters he couldn't add in a prequel on a sequel. This Dixie is very likely to me.

Enough said.
---
...once again, my mind crumbles to Kooky's logic! -MetaFalconPunch
Official Ganondorf of the SSBU Boards
#6LittlejefferyPosted 5/2/2013 7:58:40 AM
Mario series: Waluigi
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#7LittlejefferyPosted 5/2/2013 8:07:42 AM
UberPyro64 posted...
Mario: Waluigi

Donkey Kong: King K. Rool

He is the villain of the series so he seems likely. Just relevance is his problem since he hasn't appeared for a while.

Zelda: None

We aren't getting anymore.

Pokemon: Mewtwo with Awakened Form transformation

It makes the most sense.

Fix'd
---
#8LittlejefferyPosted 5/2/2013 8:11:55 AM
DavemanCosman posted...
>thread lacks Metroid

Mario: Waluigi

Legend of Zelda: Tingle
- I don't care for a new Zelda rep, but he seems possible. Some are saying Ghirahim, some are still deluded enough to think that Vaati should be added. Tingle, however, had that Rupeeland game and it was very enjoyable. Why North America voted no to have that game baffles me. /biased

Donkey Kong: K. Rool
- Classic character of the series. But honestly, I doubt it

- Not really a new character to smash, but one who should definetely make a comeback

Fix'd
---
#9LittlejefferyPosted 5/2/2013 8:12:55 AM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Mario series: Waluigi

LEGEND OF ZELDA: NONE

Ghirahim? No. Demise? Less. The Triforce trio is already in the game. It is perfect, and has been like it since Melee.

Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong

She was planned to be in Brawl, but was cut due to time constraints, history tells us Sakurai always add characters he couldn't add in a prequel on a sequel. This Dixie is very likely to me.

Enough said.

Fix'd
---
#10retrogamer28Posted 5/2/2013 9:57:39 AM
Kamek
Demise
I have no idea, I guess people have been asking for Rool so him
Red (reskinned PT, PT now has charmander, squirtle, and bulbasaur, red has their evolved forms, is an alternate costume/character.