Has Tingle any chance to be in the game ?

#1KwonJigglypuffPosted 5/2/2013 2:47:46 PM
If not, which Zelda character would have the better chance to get in ?
#2usaamahlinkPosted 5/2/2013 2:57:07 PM
a Goron would be cool, as a big fat representative of Zelda. I would say Ghirahim might be more likely than Tingle.. I dont think Tingle is likely at all to make an appearance.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#3HejiruPosted 5/2/2013 2:59:50 PM
He's easily the most deserving rep. But he's probably not likely for the sole fact that American fans hate him. If western hate was enough to scare Aonuma out of putting him in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, it's enough to scare Sakurai out of putting him in Smash. From a business standpoint, why put in a character that's going to infuriate half the buyers?

In reality, Ghirahim is probably the most likely because of popularity and relevancy. But he's hardly deserving at all.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#4taoxadasaPosted 5/2/2013 3:17:26 PM
He was in Melee and Brawl, so I don't see why he wouldn't be in this either.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#5GoldenYuiitusinPosted 5/2/2013 3:18:23 PM
I'd say he's likely.
The only legitimate argument is that he has a hatebase that can influence Sakurai to not include him.

My response to that is that it didn't stop Sakurai from including Tingle in Brawl in some form as it did the developers of Twilight Princess.
#6Grammar_manPosted 5/2/2013 3:52:28 PM
I'm thinking likely, but hardly guaranteed.

If the hatebase could stop him from reaching American shores altogether, it may just keep him out, sadly. Though, if Sakurai doesn't care for that, he's got his own series to represent.
#7Doug314Posted 5/2/2013 4:54:05 PM
He doesn't care that he's hated on the Internet in the US. He might not even be aware of it. He cares about who the fans want, not who they not want. There is no poll for which character people hope stays out, except for the option of no 3rd parties, which wouldn't apply to Tingle. But Zelda doesn't need any more reps and there aren't enough new slots for it to get one so he won't likely be in, even though he's the leading Zelda candidate.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#8Grammar_manPosted 5/2/2013 4:58:46 PM
Doug314 posted...
He doesn't care that he's hated on the Internet in the US. He might not even be aware of it. He cares about who the fans want, not who they not want. There is no poll for which character people hope stays out, except for the option of no 3rd parties, which wouldn't apply to Tingle. But Zelda doesn't need any more reps and there aren't enough new slots for it to get one so he won't likely be in, even though he's the leading Zelda candidate.

There is of course his own series to represent, then...
#9G-ScythePosted 5/2/2013 5:02:38 PM
I don't think there is any likely Zelda rep

Tingle - has a huge hatebase

Ghirahim - while he was a big character in Skyward Sword, he likely will never show up again. IIRC Midna/Wolf Link was considered for Brawl but dropped because Sakurai didn't know if she would stay relevant.

Toon Zelda/Tetra - clones are not guaranteed to be returning due to Sakurai knowing that the Smash fanbase dislikes them

Vaati - needs to do something outside of the gameboy for him to gain real popularity/selling power

Demise - like Ghirahim, likely a 1 off.

ect

Really, the trinity (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf) is all we need. they represent Zelda perfectly. Quality > Quantity
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#10FoxMakinWafflesPosted 5/2/2013 5:33:24 PM
Ghirahim

http://i.imgur.com/pQ6ezM6.gif
---
Opinions on users change rapidly as their power-levels are exposed. -Ressechu