What if they included a Smash Bros. original character?

#1GreatJallopiPosted 5/2/2013 8:34:03 PM
It's not like the idea would be unheard of, seeing as Capcom had original characters Ruby Heart and Amingo in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

My thought would be a playable version of Tabuu. Like, have him move on the ground but float in his running animation. Use some of his attacks, like the whip, for example, for his special moves. I imagine if the game had a story more again, he'd be the last character unlocked, right before the final boss, because whatever force is overcoming the Smashers could potentially overpower him too. So basically they're about to fight him, but instead reluctantly team up with him.

How would you feel about this? I wouldn't mind, personally. Yeah, Tabuu has a bit of a bland design to him, but he has moveset potential and it could be interesting.
---
We've got the right, 'cause they'll fight to use it. Got everything, and you can just choose it. I won't just be a puppet on a string.
OLD SIG GOT WIPED!
#2G-ScythePosted 5/2/2013 8:39:35 PM
Captain Falcon is pretty much that lol

Also, I had an idea years ago for a "Hand Jr.", that was basically a smaller, playable version of master hand.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#3GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 8:45:29 PM
G-Scythe posted...
Captain Falcon is pretty much that lol

Also, I had an idea years ago for a "Hand Jr.", that was basically a smaller, playable version of master hand.

Yeah, but I mean a character who was never actually in his or her own series. Plus Captain Falcon's moveset was uninspired due to his lack of shown abilities in his own series. If I recall correctly, the Falcon Punch didn't originally take the shape of a falcon in Smash 64. His specials were basically just physical attacks with nothing special about them.
---
We've got the right, 'cause they'll fight to use it. Got everything, and you can just choose it. I won't just be a puppet on a string.
OLD SIG GOT WIPED!
#4BigSharkZPosted 5/2/2013 8:57:23 PM
Primid.
---
PSN: MounirJemily
#5l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 5/2/2013 9:03:04 PM
GreatJallopi posted...
If I recall correctly, the Falcon Punch didn't originally take the shape of a falcon in Smash 64..

You do not recall correctly.

http://images.wikia.com/ssb/images/6/65/Falcon_Punch_SSB.png
---
"I'm not sick of Nintendo making good games. Just like I'm not sick of pizza, sex, and Doctor Who." - BlackWizardMagus
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#6deadpool_legendPosted 5/2/2013 9:22:34 PM
I thought we all wanted the "Non-specific Action Figure" or whatever it was. XD
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#7sumuthergamerPosted 5/2/2013 9:41:35 PM
Two words:

Playable Sandbag.
---
sumuthergamer = some other gamer. Get it?
Call me "gamer", not "sumu"...
#8Chaos_EchoPosted 5/2/2013 9:46:43 PM
Then people would whine because it takes up the space of [character they wanted who didn't get in].

Reference: ROB
---
Majora's Incarnation is what happens when game designers smoke crack.
#9Moogle_trainerPosted 5/2/2013 10:18:07 PM
I would actually love that. I think it would be kind of difficult to do well though. Mostly because this game's fame is the fact it uses well known characters (early on anyway)
#10President_MarthPosted 5/2/2013 10:23:41 PM
sumuthergamer posted...
Two words:

Playable Sandbag.

So many people would use him in online matches!
---
Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! ~AngryPidgeon
Official President Marth of Gamefaqs