Lucario & Pokemon Trainer

#11Rad_DudesmanPosted 5/3/2013 11:22:36 PM
Lucario? Not really. He isn't even the most popular pokemon of his generation.

He's still popular.

They tried to replace him with Zoroark for Gen 5, but it failed, and Lucario had to step back in for advertisement purposes.

If Zoroark had succeeded at replacing him, then yes, Lucario would be in danger.

But as it is, I think Lucario's chances of staying are higher than his chances of getting cut.
#12RethalwolfPosted 5/3/2013 11:48:15 PM
Just as long as Sylveon isn't supposed to be the Gen 6 mascot, I think that'd be the most likely and acceptable possibility for a replacement for Lucario. I think I remember the idea being tossed around of different costumes of the Trainer sending out different generations of starters; at least skin-wise. I also wouldn't bet against Mewtant getting in.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#13RanzEDGEPosted 5/4/2013 1:32:21 AM
OssiTheGreat posted...
Lucario has had his time in the spotlight. Now he must leave the scene

Thats where your wrong seeing as jigglypuff diddnt leave after her "time in the light" and she stayed i see no need that he must leave.
---
VV-Double team is OP-VV
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc87/lugiaXDTrainer/Lucario/lucariosig.gif
#14RanzEDGEPosted 5/4/2013 1:36:04 AM
Neonivek posted...
xyzlactic posted...
Yes. They aren't getting cut. They are too popular and important to pokemon

If Lucario isnt then who is?
---
VV-Double team is OP-VV
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc87/lugiaXDTrainer/Lucario/lucariosig.gif
#15RawstyleEeveePosted 5/4/2013 2:37:51 AM
Lucario is pretty safe, PT is almost guaranteed to get cut if Sakurai is going for the same amount of characters again(39 in his eyes & PT alone makes room for 3 newcomers)

Sakurai doesn't care for how Iconic Red is, if the guy would care for deserving
Sheik wouldn't have got more priority over Zelda's big bad in both Melee & Brawl, ZSS over Ridley, Mother getting 2 reps, Starfox getting more reps then DK etc.

Also the Trainer was based of the Fire Red & Leaf Green remakes which by far are more irrelevant then Lucario, who kinda is alongside Pikachu the most relevant pokemon from the Brawl roster
If Lucario's time was up how come Gamefreak falled back to using Lucario to promote gen 5 games & gen 5 Merchandise after they realised Zoroark failed

With a bigger roster PT still has things going against him due Sakurai tends to work on new pokemon characters first instead of the older ones has shown with Brawl

Pikachu is always finished first
Then we could get a surprise character again like PT was in Brawl
The Fanfourite which obviously is Mewtwo (Lucario in Brawl)
If no new pokemon rep is chosen Mewtwo will be finished second & the 3rd spot will go to Jigglypuff due its a staple. Otherwise we have 4 reps already

Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur & Charizard are all now in the same boat as Mewtwo & Jigglypuff were in Brawl. Its only logical that Lucario will picked over PT in a timeconstraint scenario due its easier to recreate him then to recreate 3 pokes last minute

Lucario's advantage also is that he as an unique gimmick that makes him stand out among the rest of the cast unlike PT who kinda is a different version on the Zelda/Sheik playstyle(with a terrible gimmick added to)
---
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board
#16evillockePosted 5/4/2013 3:40:36 AM
OssiTheGreat posted...
Lucario has had his time in the spotlight. Now he must leave the scene

This and I'm all for Lucario getting cut in place of genesect/6th gen rep/mewtwo

Screw Newtwo.
---
Third person to get a cookie.
NSMB2 coin count: 624358
#17ThatPersonGuyPosted 5/4/2013 8:24:56 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...

He's still popular.

They tried to replace him with Zoroark for Gen 5, but it failed, and Lucario had to step back in for advertisement purposes.

If Zoroark had succeeded at replacing him, then yes, Lucario would be in danger.

But as it is, I think Lucario's chances of staying are higher than his chances of getting cut.

But then they announced Newtwo. It's Mewtwo, who will forever be more popular than Lucario.
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race