A Little Smash Bros. Trivia

#1Flamemaster96Posted 5/4/2013 12:14:19 PM
Just wanted to throw this out there

- During Development of Both Smash Bros. 64 & Melee, it turns out Bowser, Peach, Wario, King Dedede, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Mew, Toad, Banjo-Kazooie, and even James Bond (from Rare) were all considered as fighters, even though some of these made it to Melee.

- Bowser, King Dedede, & Mewtwo were playable during development of SB64, but were cut before the game was released due to hardware limitations. Peach was planned to be playable, but was cut. Pit was cut due to animation problems with his Wings, and Meowth was cut due to hardware limitations & trouble rendering him due to so much detail he had, so he was instead replaced with Jigglypuff.

- Sonic, King Dedede, Lucas, & Snake were all planned to be in Melee, but these plans to go through because the game was far too in Development for Sonic & Snake to be included, & King Dedede wasn't added because Sakurai didn't want to over represent his own series (Kirby), and Lucas wasn't included due to Earthbound 3 being delayed.

- Before choosing Ice Climbers to represent the 8-bit era of Nintendo in Melee, Balloon Fighter, Bubbles, Excitebike racer, and the Urban Champion fighter, & Sukapon were all other options. (I think they should have included Little Mac in this)

- Hacking reveals that Dixie Kong, Roy, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, & Plusle & Minun & Toon Zelda/Sheik were all planned to be playable characters in Brawl but were cut. Mewtwo out of all characters having the most data. It also reveals that Ridley was planned to be an assist character, but was instead chosen to be a Boss in Subspace Emissary.
#2DasDavidPosted 5/4/2013 12:17:12 PM
So someone... has watched DYKG vids.
---
Final SSB4 prediction/wishlist before E3 2013
http://imgur.com/2a4A1An
#3XxWontonxXPosted 5/4/2013 12:20:47 PM
DasDavid posted...
So someone... has watched DYKG vids.

---
Palutena, Micaiah, Shulk, Chrom, Lucina, Female Pokemon Trainer, Roy, Ashley, Mona, and Mega Man for SSB4.
#4RanzEDGEPosted 5/4/2013 12:21:57 PM
llike 95% of this board nows this stuff man.
---
VV-Double team is OP-VV
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc87/lugiaXDTrainer/Lucario/lucariosig.gif
#5Flamemaster96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 12:23:31 PM
RanzEDGE posted...
llike 95% of this board nows this stuff man.

Lol I guess I'm the really late one then.
#6stevenbobPosted 5/4/2013 12:28:22 PM
the thing about the rare characters is was they were considered very early and never made it past the "wouldn't be cool if we had this guy phase"
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#7Flamemaster96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 12:33:52 PM
stevenbob posted...
the thing about the rare characters is was they were considered very early and never made it past the "wouldn't be cool if we had this guy phase"

Well I feel that way for Banjo Kazooie & Conker, I wish something happened to Rare and Nintendo just swiped the license up and added those 2 to the game sometime during SSB4's development.
#8SSBR10Posted 5/4/2013 1:17:54 PM
Even to this day, I'm still a bit disappointed that Banjo-Kazooie wasn't at least in the first Smash Bros. I always knew they had a high chance of being in.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#9HejiruPosted 5/4/2013 1:24:43 PM
A lot of this is not true.

Flamemaster96 posted...
- During Development of Both Smash Bros. 64 & Melee, it turns out Bowser, Peach, Wario, King Dedede, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Mew, Toad, Banjo-Kazooie, and even James Bond (from Rare) were all considered as fighters, even though some of these made it to Melee.

- Bowser, King Dedede, & Mewtwo were playable during development of SB64, but were cut before the game was released due to hardware limitations. Peach was planned to be playable, but was cut. Pit was cut due to animation problems with his Wings, and Meowth was cut due to hardware limitations & trouble rendering him due to so much detail he had, so he was instead replaced with Jigglypuff.

One of the most annoyingly persistent myths is that Meowth, Peach, and Pit were planned for Smash 64, no thanks to DYK Gaming, which is a very unreliable source. Sakurai said on his website that Bowser, Dedede, and Mewtwo were planned. There was no mention of Meowth, Pit, Peach, or anyone else being planned. Nor was Pit planned for Melee, or Meowth planned for any game. I have no idea where you got all those others. James Bond and Banjo-Kazooie are third-party characters, Mew as a fighter doesn't even make sense, and Ganondorf is highly unlikely as he wasn't even considered for Melee except as a last-minute clone and Sakurai said he was "lucky to get in." Sakurai's website did have a poll for characters people wanted to see in the next Smash (Melee) and it did have those characters; I think you're confusing that with characters that were planned. Those were just characters people requested after the game came out. Nothing more.
Finally, Jigglypuff was selected because she looked like Kirby. That's it. It let them add a new character while still saving time because they could reuse animations and such.

Flamemaster96 posted...
- Sonic, King Dedede, Lucas, & Snake were all planned to be in Melee, but these plans to go through because the game was far too in Development for Sonic & Snake to be included, & King Dedede wasn't added because Sakurai didn't want to over represent his own series (Kirby), and Lucas wasn't included due to Earthbound 3 being delayed.

I've never seen any evidence that Sonic was planned to be in Melee.
Snake was not "planned." Hideo Kojima came to Sakurai requesting Snake, but it was too late in development.
The reason for Dedede is wrong as well. Sakurai said he had written up some ideas for Dedede as a backup in case Intelligent Systems wouldn't let him use Marth. It had nothing to do with over-representing Kirby.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#10Flamemaster96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 1:52:05 PM
Hejiru posted...
A lot of this is not true.

Flamemaster96 posted...

One of the most annoyingly persistent myths is that Meowth, Peach, and Pit were planned for Smash 64, no thanks to DYK Gaming, which is a very unreliable source. Sakurai said on his website that Bowser, Dedede, and Mewtwo were planned. There was no mention of Meowth, Pit, Peach, or anyone else being planned. Nor was Pit planned for Melee, or Meowth planned for any game. I have no idea where you got all those others. James Bond and Banjo-Kazooie are third-party characters, Mew as a fighter doesn't even make sense, and Ganondorf is highly unlikely as he wasn't even considered for Melee except as a last-minute clone and Sakurai said he was "lucky to get in." Sakurai's website did have a poll for characters people wanted to see in the next Smash (Melee) and it did have those characters; I think you're confusing that with characters that were planned. Those were just characters people requested after the game came out. Nothing more.
Finally, Jigglypuff was selected because she looked like Kirby. That's it. It let them add a new character while still saving time because they could reuse animations and such.

Flamemaster96 posted...

I've never seen any evidence that Sonic was planned to be in Melee.
Snake was not "planned." Hideo Kojima came to Sakurai requesting Snake, but it was too late in development.
The reason for Dedede is wrong as well. Sakurai said he had written up some ideas for Dedede as a backup in case Intelligent Systems wouldn't let him use Marth. It had nothing to do with over-representing Kirby.

So basically, DYK Gaming are liars & false information givers?