This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Little Smash Bros. Trivia

#11HejiruPosted 5/4/2013 1:52:50 PM
Flamemaster96 posted...
So basically, DYK Gaming are liars & false information givers?

Pretty much.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#12Flamemaster96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 1:54:50 PM
Hejiru posted...
Flamemaster96 posted...

Pretty much.

UNSUBSCRIBING !
#13DusterxLucasFTWPosted 5/4/2013 2:48:50 PM
Flamemaster96 posted...
Hejiru posted...
A lot of this is not true.

Flamemaster96 posted...
- During Development of Both Smash Bros. 64 & Melee, it turns out Bowser, Peach, Wario, King Dedede, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Mew, Toad, Banjo-Kazooie, and even James Bond (from Rare) were all considered as fighters, even though some of these made it to Melee.

- Bowser, King Dedede, & Mewtwo were playable during development of SB64, but were cut before the game was released due to hardware limitations. Peach was planned to be playable, but was cut. Pit was cut due to animation problems with his Wings, and Meowth was cut due to hardware limitations & trouble rendering him due to so much detail he had, so he was instead replaced with Jigglypuff.

One of the most annoyingly persistent myths is that Meowth, Peach, and Pit were planned for Smash 64, no thanks to DYK Gaming, which is a very unreliable source. Sakurai said on his website that Bowser, Dedede, and Mewtwo were planned. There was no mention of Meowth, Pit, Peach, or anyone else being planned. Nor was Pit planned for Melee, or Meowth planned for any game. I have no idea where you got all those others. James Bond and Banjo-Kazooie are third-party characters, Mew as a fighter doesn't even make sense, and Ganondorf is highly unlikely as he wasn't even considered for Melee except as a last-minute clone and Sakurai said he was "lucky to get in." Sakurai's website did have a poll for characters people wanted to see in the next Smash (Melee) and it did have those characters; I think you're confusing that with characters that were planned. Those were just characters people requested after the game came out. Nothing more.
Finally, Jigglypuff was selected because she looked like Kirby. That's it. It let them add a new character while still saving time because they could reuse animations and such.

Flamemaster96 posted...
- Sonic, King Dedede, Lucas, & Snake were all planned to be in Melee, but these plans to go through because the game was far too in Development for Sonic & Snake to be included, & King Dedede wasn't added because Sakurai didn't want to over represent his own series (Kirby), and Lucas wasn't included due to Earthbound 3 being delayed.

I've never seen any evidence that Sonic was planned to be in Melee.
Snake was not "planned." Hideo Kojima came to Sakurai requesting Snake, but it was too late in development.
The reason for Dedede is wrong as well. Sakurai said he had written up some ideas for Dedede as a backup in case Intelligent Systems wouldn't let him use Marth. It had nothing to do with over-representing Kirby.

Yes. :)
---
Hes black. Black people are like Lizards. They can grow back there lost pride. -FinalCountDownn
#14SSBR10Posted 5/4/2013 3:06:00 PM
Hejiru posted...
James Bond and Banjo-Kazooie are third-party characters,

While that may true for James Bond (though Nintendo was using their own version of him), Banjo-Kazooie were technically second-party characters.

Flamemaster96 posted...
I've never seen any evidence that Sonic was planned to be in Melee.

Actually, it was said somewhere that Sonic was planned for Melee.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#15WetstewPosted 5/4/2013 4:26:41 PM
Flamemaster96 posted...
Hejiru posted...
Flamemaster96 posted...

Pretty much.

UNSUBSCRIBING !

They are usually fairly accurate though, there is a lot of misinformation related to the smash series. Some of the things submitted to the site should be taken with a grain of salt. I remember some one posted the 'Ditto is a failed Mew clone' rumor as canon. They later changed it to just being a fan theory.

That being said, didn't Yuji Naka say that Sonic was almost in Melee but was cut due to time restraints? Similar to Snake.
---
For every good thing in life, there is one indirect link to a photo service. -eco master
#16Flamemaster96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 7:09:04 PM
Wetstew posted...
Flamemaster96 posted...
Hejiru posted...
Flamemaster96 posted...

Pretty much.

UNSUBSCRIBING !

They are usually fairly accurate though, there is a lot of misinformation related to the smash series. Some of the things submitted to the site should be taken with a grain of salt. I remember some one posted the 'Ditto is a failed Mew clone' rumor as canon. They later changed it to just being a fan theory.

That being said, didn't Yuji Naka say that Sonic was almost in Melee but was cut due to time restraints? Similar to Snake.

Yes. After doing some research, I found out that some of the informations I posted were true.
#17generic_user123Posted 5/4/2013 8:18:14 PM(edited)
I read somewhere that jigglypuff got in because it was the most popular pokemon in japan at the time.

EDIT: Also, it isn't far fetched to picture some sort of Goldeneye reference in SMB. After all, the mine item that appears in the series is based on a weapon from the game.
---
https://www.reverbnation.com/thefourthwallpr
#18VideoGamer1990Posted 5/4/2013 9:51:15 PM
Wasn't it Nintendo Power that mentioned the Pit originally for Smash 64 first? I could've swore I saw it mentioned in a NP magazine before Smash Bros. Brawl revealed Pit in the first trailer.
---
Not changing this sig until Breath of Fire VI gets announced.
Breath of Fire needs to stop resting and start waking up. People who agree: 52
#19StreetPasWantrPosted 5/5/2013 6:54:23 AM
Links or it didn't happen. Pit was considered?!
---
NutOfDeath is my slave. I'm also a Viewtiful Gene poser.
Nintendo E3 2013 Countdown: http://tinyurl.com/NintyE32013
#20game2002Posted 5/9/2013 7:00:20 AM
The way that DYKG guy pronounces Sakurai's full name makes me cringe...
---
Praise the Lord, our one true God!