Which one do you value more?(Ike or Lucario?)

#1sterlingtygerPosted 5/7/2013 8:26:22 AM
Assuming only ONE could be in, which do you think is more important to both their own series, and Smash? - Results (72 votes)
Lucario
31.94% (23 votes)
Ike
68.06% (49 votes)
This poll is now closed.
If you think both should be cut, or neither should be cut, that's great, I don't care, that's not what I'm asking.
If you had to choose between Lucario and Ike based on their importance to their own series, relevance as Nintendo icons, etc., which would you keep?
#2sterlingtyger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 8:30:45 AM
If you want to consider how this would affect the roster as a whole, assume that it would be essentially the same, but keeping Ike means Dillon and Lucina as a clone of Marth, and no Lucario; while keeping Lucario means Chrom and Bowser Jr. as a clone of Bowser.
#3wellingtonPosted 5/7/2013 8:46:29 AM
[x] Don't care
---
calling all chess fans http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=576430
#4ViewtifulGenePosted 5/7/2013 8:56:52 AM(edited)
Regarding importance to Smash, there's no objective way to decide. If it's about movesets, they both objectively have unique movesets. If it's about how many reps one franchise "deserves" over the other, that is inherently a matter of opinion. For importance within their own series there are arguments for and against both, with no objective way to decide which holds more weight.

If I was forced to cut one or the other, I'd rather lose Lucario. I didn't like 4th gen Pokemon as much as Ike's FE games. Though I don't understand how keeping Ike prevents Chrom or Lucina from getting a unique moveset.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#5zeldagamer2123Posted 5/7/2013 9:09:03 AM
I'd cut Lucario because I don't really like him.
---
3DS FC: 2836-0188-5813 Name: MG2123
#6Ultima_MagikarpPosted 5/7/2013 9:29:31 AM
zeldagamer2123 posted...

This. Take him out, put Mewtwo back in, and nothing is missed.
#7KlRBEHPosted 5/7/2013 9:35:21 AM
I like Lucario more and he is one of my mains, but to be fair it would make more sense for him to be cut over Ike.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fUaBI.jpg
I NEEDUH MONSTA TA CLOBBA DAT DERE KIRBEH
#8MrSpacelySlatePosted 5/7/2013 9:54:21 AM
I rather both stay, but I'll get rid of Ike seeing as Fire Emblem doesn't matter than much.

I don't want Pokemon to be swamped in Gen 1 yet again. It's annoying enough with Pokemon Trainer.
#9CanyouGuessPosted 5/7/2013 10:12:14 AM
Ike. Lucario is not one of my favorite Pokemon.
---
Megaman for Smash Bros. 4!
I heavily dislike My Little Pony
#10RanzEDGEPosted 5/7/2013 12:02:49 PM
Ultima_Magikarp posted...
zeldagamer2123 posted...

This. Take him out, put Mewtwo back in, and nothing is missed.

Everything is missed because lucario isnt mewtwo and mewtwo isnt lucario

I cant help thinking if mewtwo didnt get cut by time constraints Lucario wouldnt be getting so much undeserved hate on this board.
---
VV-Double team is OP-VV
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc87/lugiaXDTrainer/Lucario/lucariosig.gif