For some reason, an Xbox character gets in

#21Ice_Dragon14Posted 5/8/2013 8:59:54 AM
OnePieceFan posted...
The only character I'd want to see would be Banjo and Kazooie - Microsoft clearly has no interest in using them, or anything that Rare's made for that matter.

this. sad to see the best 2nd arty company for ninteendo making wii sports rip-offs
---
"The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell." Confucius
Philosophers think Nintendo is superior to X-Box
#22Luigifan141Posted 5/8/2013 9:04:31 AM
Ice_Dragon14 posted...
OnePieceFan posted...
The only character I'd want to see would be Banjo and Kazooie - Microsoft clearly has no interest in using them, or anything that Rare's made for that matter.

this. sad to see the best 2nd arty company for ninteendo making wii sports rip-offs

It's 2013, and people are still gawking over Microsoft buying out Rare? I mean, I wish Rare was still with Nintendo myself, but they've been taking a weird direction ever since they switched over to Microsoft, and a lot of their more recent games tend of be not as good as when they worked with Nintendo. Rare going back to Nintendo wouldn't do much for either company, since the damage to Rare has long been done.

It would be nice to see Banjo and Kazooie, though!
---
Official Mike Meekins of AA5 boards. Official Olimar of SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Paper Mario
#23egpNoodlezPosted 5/8/2013 9:14:07 AM
sterlingtyger posted...
hahahahaha
blind nintendo fanboys who dont realize that the xbox is the MORE not-just-fps-themed console between it and the ps3

Considering Bungie is a second party, and you're counting Halo as an XBox franchise, right off the bat that includes Rare's entire library.
Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Viva Pinata

Then there's the Fable series, 'Splosion Man if you want to see the indie market(Twisted Pixel is owned by Microsoft), Alan Wake, Psychonauts, Gears of War, Kinectimals, etc. etc. etc.

That's...terrible, because while 360 has a slightly larger range, the number of **** is also larger. Out of those exclusives, Rare has been **** ever since Nintendo gave them away (they're high 70% scorers, but that's their limit), and the only franchises I really synergise with on 360 are Alan Wake and maybe, possible Gears (Certainly Gears more than God of War). Honestly, without the Arcade titles my interest in 360 would have been non-existent years ago. Also, lol Kinect, great potential, but poor software support and some companies use it as an excuse to sell broken games. Steel Battalion is the greatest testament to that.

PS3, Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Journey, The Unfinished Swan and inFamous series all right from the bat hit hard and are diverse genres, from action RPG to real-time SRPG, and all of them are awesome games with high user reviews and Metacritic ratings to support them. There's tons of other stuff, but that's what I instantly think of when I think about them.

BUT to be fair, 360 is the only console with Dead Rising 1, no not the **** Wii port that people will try to say was as good but actually was horrible. Also, 360 usually gets better optimised games, **** playing Bayonetta on PS3.

Finally, 360 has Bastion, and I would vote for the Bastion guy to be in Smash Bros. 4. He seems to fit the Brawl world pretty world, and the stage would be insane if platforms appeared as you got near them, and you're trying to work out how much platform you actually have to fight on.

Final note: FPS consoles? Honestly I can only think of Halo for 360 and Killzone for PS3. Both consoles have a bigger hard-on for third person games, with PS3 loving third person platform-shooters to bits (Uncharted series, inFamous series).
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png