This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you guys feel about the 3DS version having exclusive characters?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. How do you guys feel about the 3DS version having exclusive characters?
2 years ago#31
KlRBEH posted...
G-Scythe posted...
this is the worst idea ever and you should feel pain for suggesting it

well this is most likely going to happen so you should get over it :/

Sakurai said that he doesn't want a huge roster & Brawl's roster kinda was the limit which were 39 characters in his eyes

The reason that he wants a roster somewhere between 39-45 is that he most likely wants the same balanced roster for both games

He said that the 3ds version will be more a single player experience, so perhaps it has a bigger Storymode & the option to customise your Characters with costumes you unlock on the 3ds game & you can send those costumes to the WiiU one.

However a trophy like the Olimar one in Melee, is perhaps a better bet on exclusive content you only have access to by linking up both games, because thats more Sakurai's style
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board
2 years ago#32
papermegaslime posted...
The point that people are missing is that it's not two versions of the same game with only a few minor differences including characters, but rather two different games in the same franchise. I expect them to have different names, screens, characters, stages, story modes, etc, not just a few different characters. I think the only connectivity there would be between the two would be the ability to send custom stages (and characters?) between them.

Even if they are different games, they should still have the same characters. Clone cuts and obviousy newcomers aside, its not like Brawl had an entirely different cast of characters from Melee. They didn't remove half the Melee cast from Brawl to make it different.They didn't get rid of alf the original characters to make Meleed different. Nor should they have exclusives for WiiU and 3DS.They're being developed at the same time so the characters developed should be shared.

Stages, story, visuals, ect... yes, those should all be different. Characters, though (and the core gameplay itself) should be shared.

IMO, anyway.
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
2 years ago#33
What appeals to me most about a SSB 3DS is portability. So I don't think exclusive characters are necessary. There should not be any characters on the 3DS version that the Wii U version doesn't have, but due to the smaller file size of the 3DS cartridge, I would not mind if the roster were a bit smaller on the 3DS, but of course made up for in some other, unique way.
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
2 years ago#34
Why not have all the characters in both games?

What I think will happen with both versions is the Wii U will be more multiplayer oriented due to the nature of a home system, where you only need multiple controllers. Likewise, the 3DS game will be more single player oriented, due to needing multiple systems for multiplayer for each player, which in the end is more expensive.

Also, I'm more interested in the gameplay of each version. How will the 3DS use the touch screen, the motion sensors, etc; likewise, how will the Wii U implement the game pad or hopefully some more noticeable motion controls besides the shake smash. Maybe even the possibility to use the 3DS as a controller for the Wii U game.

With so many other things that could potentially set both versions apart, I don't really see the reason to make exclusive characters unless a specific character takes advantage of the 3DS or Wii U features in their moveset.
Cheers, luck and other indoor sports
2 years ago#35
all the more reason to own a WiiU & 3DS
2 years ago#36
I think they should, but it should be third-parties that are the exclusive characters (ex. Mega Man on WIIU, Ryu on 3DS)
"Losing's not my style."
Gambit, X-Men Next Dimension
2 years ago#37
No, the Wii U and 3DS should have different stages. Plus it wouldn't make sense because you can transfer characters between the two versions anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. How do you guys feel about the 3DS version having exclusive characters?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived