This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pre E3 Roster Tourney, Round 1: liveman789 vs. Traptin3days.

#1xgiraffes13xPosted 5/9/2013 12:21:52 PM
Which do you think is more likely? - Results (31 votes)
Traptin3days : http://tinyurl.com/c9ybce4
87.1% (27 votes)
liveman789 : http://i.imgur.com/8YeCAdj.jpg
12.9% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
liveman789:
liveman always has realistic rosters and his distinct art style is what he's known for. This roster has some unique additions such as Mike Jones, Isaac and Genesect. The roster cut Snake and Lucas from Brawl, and don't include fan favorite requests such as Palutena and Ridley. Will liveman's variety of choice and unique selection impress you enough to win your vote?

Traptin3days: This roster includes the arguably 10 most wanted/predicted likely newcomers for Smash Bros. They include Palutena, Ridley, Takamaru, Shulk, Megaman, Little Mac, Isaac, King K. Rool, Chrom and the return of Mewtwo. There's nothing unique or unexpected, just a very realistic roster.
---
My Dream SSB4 Roster - http://tinyurl.com/az7b2j4
40 days until E3! *fangirls*
#2Limelight788Posted 5/9/2013 12:38:22 PM(edited)
Voted for Traptin3days.

Very realistic roster, although plays too safely. While I doubt Chrom's inclusion, there could be worse choices. The rest have a good shot of making it in anyway.

Liveman789's roster is okay, although I highly doubt the exclusion of Lucas and Pokémon Trainer (was that intentional?). Genesect's time to get in Smash has probably passed and Mike Jones suffers immensely from being Western-only. Pac-Man I also doubt due to currently being no interest expressed in him by Namco and on top of that, Namco has even expressed interest in a Tales rep. I wouldn't be surprised if Namco wanted a Tales rep in instead of Pac-Man and I don't see Sakurai being interested in Pac-Man. Also, I'd be surprised if Palutena or Ridley were left out.
---
Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Check out this thread at Smashboards that I'm the leader of:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-mega-man-for-ssb4-thread-the-most-wanted-newcomer.324266/
#3albertojz356Posted 5/9/2013 12:30:25 PM
Easily Traptin's. The lack of Palutena is the reason why I'm not voting for liveman's.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Bayonetta, Cptn. Syrup, Eirika, Micaiah, Anna, Lyn, Lucina, Shantae, Lip, Andy, Medusa, Birdo, & Mike Jones for SSB4!
#4EstheimasterPosted 5/9/2013 12:47:45 PM(edited)
Sorry liveman, your roster struck all the wrong chords.

1. No Kid Icarus second rep. (It's a very deserving series)

2. No Pokemon Trainer (My favorite character)

3. Genesect (Much more likely Pokemon)

4. No Lucas (A decent character)

5. Girahim (I feel like he's just a new fad)

6. Mike Jones (Who is he?)

7. Pacman (Weird)

I will give you props for Megaman, Mewtwo, and Mii, but that's all that I liked.

Trap's had a more stock roster, but it does the job. The 10 newcomers, while underwhelmingly few, did their job and are good choices.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#5liveman789Posted 5/9/2013 1:04:15 PM
Because the final roster is always 100% what we thought it was going to be, right?

I'll show you all... You'll see...
#6liveman789Posted 5/9/2013 1:11:54 PM
Limelight788 posted...
Liveman789's roster is okay, although I highly doubt the exclusion of Lucas and Pokémon Trainer (was that intentional?).

Yeah, it was. I really think each Pokemon rep (other than Pikachu) has it's reasons for potentially being cut, but I ultimately decided to go with PT. Yeah, he's the main protagonist of the series, but he takes more than 3 times the amount of development time to create than other characters. And, with the large pool of potential Pokemon newcomers (we seem to get 2 new reps with each game), cutting him would be the most efficient way of fitting them.

Mike Jones suffers immensely from being Western-only.

Takamaru is Japan only. I thought I'd even it out. It's a long shot of a prediction, I know. The final roster is never 100% predictable, though.

Pac-Man I also doubt due to currently being no interest expressed in him by Namco and on top of that, Namco has even expressed interest in a Tales rep.

Oh, you.

Also, I'd be surprised if Palutena or Ridley were left out.

They're both extremely overrated. I'm not saying their chances are small, because I don't know, but too many people consider them shoo-ins.

#7EstheimasterPosted 5/9/2013 1:12:13 PM
@TC

It'd be great if you were to show the bracket for the competition. I can't remember whether I signed up for yours or not :P
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#8xgiraffes13x(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 1:34:33 PM
Estheimaster posted...
@TC

It'd be great if you were to show the bracket for the competition. I can't remember whether I signed up for yours or not :P

You're signed up! :)
---
My Dream SSB4 Roster - http://tinyurl.com/az7b2j4
40 days until E3! *fangirls*
#9sterlingtygerPosted 5/9/2013 1:36:56 PM
Traptin gets my vote.

Liveman's roster has many choices I find strongly unlikely.
He gives Mario, Pokemon and Zelda 5 reps, and while Bowser Jr. is a good choice and Mewtwo is a good choice, Genesect, Ghirahim and the lack of Pokemon Trainer are ruiners in and of themselves. On top of that, I find chances scarce that Mario or any other series would go up to 5 reps considering the large amount of new series and retro series that beg representation and the expectant small roster size.

On top of that, he doesn't add any representation for Metroid or Kid Icarus, and gets rid of Lucas, all of which seems really, REALLY unlikely.
Fire Emblem probably will not get 3 reps unless one's a clone, I think, so Marth/Ike/Chrom is unlikely, and K. Rool is a personal complaint of mine.

Mike Jones, while it would be awesome to see him, is unlikely compared to other Retro reps like Muddy Mole, Balloon Fighter, or Mach Rider.
And the lack of Snake, or ANY Konami rep, is laughable.

While Traptin's is certainly far from perfect, it inclues Snake, Shulk, Ridley and Palutena, and excludes Ghirahim and Genesect.
Although the 5 Pokemon reps but 4 Mario reps bugs me a lot.
#10sterlingtygerPosted 5/9/2013 1:39:47 PM
Can I ask, pre-emptively, who I'll be pitted against, and maybe see their roster in a PM?
I can't wait for the next round, and haha this one's looking pretty tied up already. I look forward to perhaps meeting you on the field of combat one day, Traptin.