This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pre E3 Roster Tourney, Round 1: liveman789 vs. Traptin3days.

#11Limelight788Posted 5/9/2013 4:00:14 PM(edited)
Yeah, it was. I really think each Pokemon rep (other than Pikachu) has it's reasons for potentially being cut, but I ultimately decided to go with PT. Yeah, he's the main protagonist of the series, but he takes more than 3 times the amount of development time to create than other characters. And, with the large pool of potential Pokemon newcomers (we seem to get 2 new reps with each game), cutting him would be the most efficient way of fitting them.

Sakurai added Pokémon Trainer for very good reasons and I doubt he would scrap them entirely, especially when the back lash would be worse than that of Mewtwo. And let's face it, there's not really any true newcomers (not counting Mewtwo) that can hold a candle to what we already have and the majority would want Brawl + Mewtwo over say, Zoroark or Genesect. Even if Genesect does come in, it will almost certainly be as the eight Pokémon.

Takamaru is Japan only. I thought I'd even it out. It's a long shot of a prediction, I know. The final roster is never 100% predictable, though.

But at least Takamaru has had a remake of his game come out in the West with Samurai Warriors 3 and has made multiple appearance in games as well (WarioWare D.I.Y. and Nintendo Land comes to mind). Mike has made literally no appearance outside of Japan. Sure you could argue that Lucas was Japan-only and made it into Brawl, but times have changed and Sakurai wants to go more in an international direction this time around.
---
Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Check out this thread at Smashboards that I'm the leader of:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-mega-man-for-ssb4-thread-the-most-wanted-newcomer.324266/
#12liveman789Posted 5/9/2013 4:00:14 PM
Limelight788 posted...

the back lash would be worse than that of Mewtwo.

It's possible, but you don't know that.

And let's face it, there's not really any true newcomers (not counting Mewtwo) that can hold a candle to what we already have

That's your opinion.

Even if Genesect does come in, it will almost certainly be as the eight Pokémon.

How is this almost certain? You have no proof.

But at least Takamaru has had a remake of his game come out in the West with Samurai Warriors 3 and has made multiple appearance in games as well (WarioWare D.I.Y. and Nintendo Land comes to mind).

I know, like I said, it's a longshot. But, predictable =/= likely.

#13UberPyro64Posted 5/9/2013 4:49:28 PM
xgiraffes13x posted...
Estheimaster posted...
@TC

It'd be great if you were to show the bracket for the competition. I can't remember whether I signed up for yours or not :P

You're signed up! :)

Good to hear but making a bracket so everyone can see is a good idea.

http://www.bracketmaker.com/

Use this site. It works best.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9481/may2013roster.png
#14Doug314Posted 5/9/2013 5:56:46 PM
1st one is super realistic. My only problem with it is Lucario.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB4
"I'm willing to bet money that Waluigi, Chrom and K. Rool are in this game" -DynasticAnthony
#15Traptin3daysPosted 5/10/2013 2:38:10 PM
I completely missed this hehu. In my defense about it being bland: Yeah I know about that, but this time it was about what I see as most likely and right now these are the choices I see as likely and predictable (it doesn't mean it will be these characters in the actual roster). I'm not sure of some characters, like Chrom, but it is by now my safest bet on a Fire Emblem newcomer. Even though I want Roy :p

sterlingtyger posted...
I look forward to perhaps meeting you on the field of combat one day, Traptin.

Yah! See you out there!
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D