This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about Melee vs. Brawl physics?

#1psychoboo13Posted 5/13/2013 1:30:36 PM
Honestly, after training for and partaking in Melee tournaments for such a long period of time, I completely burnt myself out on the game, physically and mentally. I was happy that many of its mechanics were left out of Brawl, and the floaty engine is much more relaxing and fun to me now, IMO.
---
Breathe. Believe. Battle.
LoL IGN: burningbagel
#2Someguy_13Posted 5/13/2013 1:33:15 PM
The faster paced gameplay of Melee is much more intense and makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

Having actual combos really helps the fun too.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#3ArcasaurusPosted 5/13/2013 1:40:19 PM
Melee's by far. The floatiness and lack of hitstun just made the game a bore to me, especially when I first played and there were all those moments where the opponent would get sent flying but not quite far enough to get KO'd. The matches just feel so sluggish that it should be called Stall not Brawl.

Not that I want this game to have Melee's physics though. Just something in-between Melee or Brawl would be better in my mind.
#4CPU-ZPosted 5/13/2013 2:07:09 PM(edited)
Melee's was easily better. Brawl's physics reduced combo ability way too much, and even combo centric characters are still hurt by the physics due to the lack of hitstun. It's way too defensive oriented.
#5FireKirby7Posted 5/13/2013 2:06:41 PM
i hate how in Brawl, you HAVE to go on the defensive after landing a move like Lucas's or Luigi's utilt, or a meteor smash on a grounded opponent, because the hitstun is just that low. combos are fun, so melee :3
#6SmallerRidleyPosted 5/13/2013 3:18:31 PM
Everything in Brawl is sloppy and slow compared to Melee, which is really freaking sharp. Problem is, that happens when you have more time to design the game, because you have time to design actions for more situations instead of cancelling or funneling into a few general things.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods.
#7Nintendoboy77Posted 5/13/2013 3:26:30 PM
Melee.

Brawl's isn't that bad, but melee had it's **** together even though it had like 2-3 years less development time than Brawl.
#8Cookie_AromaPosted 5/13/2013 3:41:40 PM
I don't like the high hitstun in Melee. When I went back to play Melee, one of the first things I noticed is how often I don't have any control over my character in a free-for-all match. The hitstun is better for 1vs1, but with three people pummeling you, Brawl's lack of hitstun makes things much more enjoyable for me. And since I prefer free-for-all's to 1vs1, I prefer Brawl physics.
#9magiciandudePosted 5/13/2013 4:24:46 PM
Melee's physics was more exciting imo.
#10Yo_Yo_CheesePosted 5/13/2013 5:48:17 PM
Melee
---
Mains: GG: Chipp | BB: Tager | AH3: Catherine | SG: Valentine \ Cerebella
Subs: GG: Robo-Ky, Sol | BB: Jin, Platinum | AH3: Eko, Lilica